Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
It's all good. Actually, the more I think about it, it IS ok to allow the DP bodies to run with the GT cars. Why? Because in USCR (formerly Grand AM/ALMS) the prototypes DO run with the GT cars!

To make it even more scale, maybe the prototypes should run 17.5T motors?

**ducking for cover!***
Originally Posted by howardcano
Yes. Also, the prototypes should run foam tires to simulate the higher grip levels of the real cars!

Now we both need to duck for cover.
Originally Posted by NutDriver
and prototypes should be allowed to run "boosted"!

Old 11-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

@Mr. Juarez,

I'm not sure that shield is going to do a lot for any of us after those suggestions!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NutDriver
@Mr. Juarez,

I'm not sure that shield is going to do a lot for any of us after those suggestions!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Weren't the prototypes in the real races also scored separately? As in two races or more were run at the same time?
Old 11-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Weren't the prototypes in the real races also scored separately? As in two races or more were run at the same time?
Think so. Sometimes we run vta with tamiya minis mixed when there isn't enough for a full class but they all keep their own points accordingly.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's tough when tracks don't have enough racers to fill out a class. I have seen minis fall in with VTA too. Actually it's backwards. We only had a couple of VTA show so we fell in with mini's. But that's been four years or more. That track is gone now.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez

Are you peeing on me and calling it rain again!!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
It's tough when tracks don't have enough racers to fill out a class. I have seen minis fall in with VTA too. Actually it's backwards. We only had a couple of VTA show so we fell in with mini's. But that's been four years or more. That track is gone now.
Crazy. We started with about 4-10 minis regularly and around 3-8 vta cars. We also had 23 usgt car when track opened up. Now we have 2-5 minis and 1-2 vta cars and 10 usgt cars. Gt class seems to be making a slow come back and f1
Old 11-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Are you peeing on me and calling it rain again!!
no not all.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Crazy. We started with about 4-10 minis regularly and around 3-8 vta cars. We also had 23 usgt car when track opened up. Now we have 2-5 minis and 1-2 vta cars and 10 usgt cars. Gt class seems to be making a slow come back and f1
The GT class had to go through the transition of 540j motors to 21.5 we lost many cars then. We had our biggest group when we raced 540j they were cheap but went away quickly. When we went brushless the group droped 7 cars that week! Now the top 7-8 cars in GT3 are scaring new guy's from moving into the class. We are going to have to have a intermediate GT class. We are scaring the guy's that race 17.5 intermediate those guy's think we are cheating to get that much speed out of 21'5 motors when our fast laps and Lap totals are hirer then their 17.5 cars . I have had so many people that say they don't want to race with experts in GT the races are very close most are finishes are decided in the last few laps! I just laugh because I'm only so so driver! You are the hot shoe in the class so maybe you should slow down and we can get more drivers.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

The GT class had to go through the transition of 540j motors to 21.5 we lost many cars then. We had our biggest group when we raced 540j they were cheap but went away quickly. When we went brushless the group droped 7 cars that week! Now the top 7-8 cars in GT3 are scaring new guy's from moving into the class. We are going to have to have a intermediate GT class. We are scaring the guy's that race 17.5 intermediate when our fast laps and Lap totals are hirer then their 17.5 cars . I have had so many people that say they don't want to race with experts in GT the races are very close most are finishes are decided in the last few laps! I just laugh because I'm only so so driver! You are the hot shoe in the class so maybe you should slow down and we can get more drivers.

Hahahaha that's hilarious. I don't get mad like I used. I started at the bottom of the latter as we all do and work your way up. I used to be on yoy guys way but now we are door to door!! The only times I got upset in the last few weeks when they stopped in the middle of lane or I'm rubbing the pipe on the inside down the straight trying to make a clean pass while the other car has 6 feet to the left of them and turns right to take me out .
Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Hahahaha that's hilarious. I don't get mad like I used. I started at the bottom of the latter as we all do and work your way up. I used to be in you guys way but now we are door to door!! The only times I got upset in the last few weeks when they stopped in the middle of lane or I'm rubbing the pipe on the inside down the straight trying to make a clean pass while the other car has 6 feet to the left of them and turns right to take me out .
Ok I will stop paying guys to get in the way next race. I have been fustrated too for the lack of speed but I started making gains on speed lately. It is a shame it won't be till Febuary before the track will be as fast as it was last week.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Ok I will stop paying guys to get in the way next race. I have been fustrated too for the lack of speed but I started making gains on speed lately. It is a shame it won't be till Febuary before the track will be as fast as it was last week.
I hear you, been frustrated as well and still trying to find out why I don't have the punch. Maybe time for new packs

Brian should we try vht?

Last edited by Mr.juarez; 11-22-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

I hear you, been frustrated as well and still trying to find out why I don't have the punch. Maybe time for new packs

Brian should we try vht?
I think for a track of our size we could only afford to spray the corners in the racing groove and the price of VHT is more then HT might want to spend it would take 1- 2 gal and 10gal of ethenol!
It would be better to suffer with the lack of traction for a couple of race days and take the money and use it on resurfacing the track with Duraseal with sand mixed in it it would last 2 years. Bob and I have been lobbying for that for year. If we do it right it would cover all the cracks smooth most of the bumps. I want to change the layout to road course type layout instead of the island layout we have now. I really like running same layout to see if I am really making the car faster. Like the way we have been doing lately running the same track for a couple of month's! I would like to brain storm one night with the guy's and talk about the design of the new layout. We have a large enough area we could build a track like they have in Europe. What do you think of a track like that for the 2 day race next year?

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think for a track of our size we could only afford to spray the corners in the racing groove and the price of VHT is more then HT might want to spend it would take 1- 2 gal and 10gal of ethenol!
It would be better to suffer with the lack of traction for a couple of race days and take the money and use it on resurfacing the track with Duraseal with sand mixed in it it would last 2 years. Bob and I have been lobbying for that for year. If we do it right it would cover all the cracks smooth most of the bumps. I want to change the layout to road course type layout instead of the island layout we have now. I really like running same layout to see if I am really making the car faster. Like the way we have been doing lately running the same track for a couple of month's! I would like to brain storm one night with the guy's and talk about the design of the new layout. We have a large enough area we could build a track like they have in Europe. What do you think of a track like that for the 2 day race next year?
shame i'm in philly that's a nice looking track - and would look good over there

there's nothing like running on curbs instead of barriers my 'home' track has had curbs for the last few years - even when the ROAR nationals came to town, all the drivers loved them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.