Matsukura leaves Yokomo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Matsukura leaves Yokomo

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well assuming his main goal is the 1/10 buggy offroa.... ehhhh.... astro worlds in Japan.

You have to consider Schumacher. There one of the few who make cars specificaly for astro tracks. And they have a solid touringcar program, for 1/12 scale he could get CRC.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

There have been a couple Yokomo and Kyosho drivers switching over to CRC. Especially after this years Japan Nationals. So, it's a possibility.

Last edited by EDWARD2003; 12-20-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

Tamiya has a nice scale 1/12th scale...but it is no top contender. I doubt we see him go to Tamiya unless they are planning a more serious racing 1/12th car.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm also interested to see where he goes with electronics, he ran 100% yokomo up to now.

AE could offer a full deal with ESC/Motor/battery

Would also be a chance to move away from Japan and learn a new language - if that's his thing.

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Tamiya has a nice scale 1/12th scale...but it is no top contender. I doubt we see him go to Tamiya unless they are planning a more serious racing 1/12th car.
True, but it doesn't stop Rheinard and Groskamp etc.

Not convinced 1/12th would be the decider. Surely with the worlds being off road this year that is more important.

Tamiya aren't awesome in that department either really - did have good results with Lee Martin previously, but they have basically zero presence in off road now - the team has scaled back quite a bit.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think it could be xray because they make something for almost every class. With what it cost to have him it will take more than one or two classes to justify the cost.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:57 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I don't see him going to a brand that is not Japanese. He can't speak English that well so feedback and communication would be hindered. The AE thing also might not work because Yokomo is the distributor of AE in Japan.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You could be right about him getting a education. He very well could be looking at getting a business degree and starting up his own business and such. I know at the moment he's going to a private university and studying English..We all know he's been skipping class..lol As for his next manufacture, I think Kyosho would cover all of his racing needs. Furthermore, Kyosho Japan has a partnership with Team Orion. All of his electronic needs would be covered.

Overall, Kyosho's on-road department is lacking a top driver. Yes, there is Krapp. But, there needs to be an international star such as Naoto. He could be a serious wheel man for their brand.

The off-road department is strong, but could always do with another top international driver.

One can also speculate whether or not Naoto was suppose to win the touring car worlds...there could of been a team discussion on who was going to win. Maybe he ignored it (his ego, and revenge directed towards Marc R. got in the way) and went ahead against team orders..If you think about it, Volker and his mechanic have logged in a lot of laps and wins with the BD7 touring car. The win was great achievement for Yokoko as a team, but I bet the Yokomo higher ups weren't too happy. Who knows..

Last edited by EDWARD2003; 12-21-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yeah I dunno.

Naoto would have had to let Volker past twice to make "team orders" work due to Bruno's win in A1.

Naoto was very much in control in A2. If he gifted A3, and they kept the same pace, he might have won on count back.

But in reality, "losing" A1 was a big mistake for yokomo.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

I'd suggest Naoto to enter into non-exclusive sponsorships

1/10 On Road with Tamiya

1/12 On Road with CRC

1/10 Off Road (2wd & 4wd) with Kyosho

Thus He would be happy and earn lots of money.

JK
Old 12-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Can someone explain how Yokomo would benefit by Volker possibly winning the worlds over Naoto? Your guys theory just makes no sense to me. I personally think he knows racing toy cars just doesn't pay enough. Wouldn't be surprised if he is doing something to create a better life for himself. Even though in my opinion he is the best overall driver in R/C today. He's not fulfilling what he wants in life
Old 12-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Can someone explain how Yokomo would benefit by Volker possibly winning the worlds over Naoto? Your guys theory just makes no sense to me. I personally think he knows racing toy cars just doesn't pay enough. Wouldn't be surprised if he is doing something to create a better life for himself. Even though in my opinion he is the best overall driver in R/C today. He's not fulfilling what he wants in life
I think you'd be surprised at how much money some of the top racers earn. There's contingencies and bonuses plus there base pay. Bonuses are pretty high for winning a worlds.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clawhammers

I'd suggest Naoto to enter into non-exclusive sponsorships

1/10 On Road with Tamiya

1/12 On Road with CRC

1/10 Off Road (2wd & 4wd) with Kyosho

Thus He would be happy and earn lots of money.

JK
Tough to make a living like this. Not many manufacturers are going to pay healthy wages racing a bunch of different brands. Better to pick one and get the full time money. Companies pay a decent amount for a top driver and all the R&D and testing they get while they are not prepping for top races.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:14 PM
reg
Tech Adept

A top driver can earn £60k from driving alone,plus travel,hotels,expenses,add to that all the other sponsors they have plastered on the T shirts,personal products they sell,all adds up to more than most earn doing a 9/5 job
Old 12-21-2014, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
I think you'd be surprised at how much money some of the top racers earn. There's contingencies and bonuses plus there base pay. Bonuses are pretty high for winning a worlds.
Define high.

Juan has been around for a long time. He knows. So do I. Let me tell you, unless you're living at home or one of the top 10 in the world, it's difficult to have any sort of a life. Not to mention how much the travel impacts ones home life.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Matt Francis walked away from R/C with a 6 figure income. For a new challenge and career path. Now he's a successful realistate agent in the SF area. I'm not saying Naoto is actually leaving racing. But he's accomplished more as a driver than 99% of us ever will. He's won a world title in on road every year he has competed at a worlds event. I don't know his history at off road worlds. But I doubt there's anything left for him to accomplish as a driver. Most people drive like there personalities. And Naoto gets out of the way for no one. So I think he's ready for a new challenge in life. But your guess is as good as mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.