Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 220?

Originally Posted by 5italkart
i figure its easier too stock up in the off season a little edge never hurts. i need too get 220 run in my shop before i can get started. also we should get moving on our group body order. my old 10l pan drives just like our 1/8th stuff. lots of laps on sun.
Joe,
If you are going ove to the "darkside" (modern pan car) why are you getting a mill? You can just spend the money for the mill on parts
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

i figure its easier too stock up in the off season a little edge never hurts. i need too get 220 run in my shop before i can get started. also we should get moving on our group body order. my old 10l pan drives just like our 1/8th stuff. lots of laps on sun.
..what mill you buying?......... i'm hoping to send you your package this week..........i'm sending you a servo saver and a NEW set of ball diff rims...( i have enough)......anything else you need?..........hopefully will go out thurs or fri.......also need parts machined for my ball diff car....the pieces that hold the bearings on my t-plate broke (delrin..i think Rick said)...i want aluminum.........(Rick was gonna c if he had more)......
Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Joe,
If you are going ove to the "darkside" (modern pan car) why are you getting a mill? You can just spend the money for the mill on parts
......he said "darkside".........Lon is going to smash you for that.........
Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
..what mill you buying?......... i'm hoping to send you your package this week..........i'm sending you a servo saver and a NEW set of ball diff rims...( i have enough)......anything else you need?..........hopefully will go out thurs or fri.......also need parts machined for my ball diff car....the pieces that hold the bearings on my t-plate broke (delrin..i think Rick said)...i want aluminum.........(Rick was gonna c if he had more)......
I think Joe is looking at getting a mill, he said he needed 220 and something about a catalog with a sale. I have a mini mill that works great-so far!!

I just tool the t-plate mount off my chassis and it's real simple to make, so if you need a pair, I'll gladly make 'em for you!!! Just say the word!!!

Have you found a place to get tire do-nuts? I planned on making some adapters to use the modern 4wd wheels/tires to get by that problem...
Old 11-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
......he said "darkside".........Lon is going to smash you for that.........
who me????
Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Have you found a place to get tire do-nuts? I planned on making some adapters to use the modern 4wd wheels/tires to get by that problem...
BSR has donuts..........
Old 11-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

who me????
...yes you....
Old 11-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default the force is strong

Joe,
getting a mill cause i can't resist making custom stuff for my cars. i'm still working on the 300 project. lots of ideas , the fun of these cars is you can do that. no luck with donuts from bsr, first project up is new front for 300 era cars maybe matt can be the test "mule"
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

getting a mill cause i can't resist making custom stuff for my cars. i'm still working on the 300 project. lots of ideas , the fun of these cars is you can do that. no luck with donuts from bsr, first project up is new front for 300 era cars maybe matt can be the test "mule"
...what do you mean no luck with donuts from BSR???...Lon II told me he had them?????
Old 11-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Default VIntage Pan Cars

Great to hear you are still gonna work on our original ideas of updating the old cars! I want to try to build a "Stock" Vintage car and an "updated" version probablly based on Rick's t-plate chassis. I have lots of projects and probably won' get many of them done but it sure is fun messing around!
I'm getting a cad program to try to learn how to "draw" parts but if I learn that I'll want a CNC lathe and mill!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default mo better pan cars

Great to hear you are still gonna work on our original ideas of updating the old cars! I want to try to build a "Stock" Vintage car and an "updated" version probablly based on Rick's t-plate chassis. I have lots of projects and probably won' get many of them done but it sure is fun messing around!
I'm getting a cad program to try to learn how to "draw" parts but if I learn that I'll want a CNC lathe and mill!!!
a co workers father in law has a used mill with some tooling and a digital readout. going too check it out sunday. bsr told me they had no 1/8th donuts.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I found 2 pairs front 45 and 2 spairs rear 42 donuts. Who wants them?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Default Mill

a co workers father in law has a used mill with some tooling and a digital readout. going too check it out sunday. bsr told me they had no 1/8th donuts.
Great! I hope to get some readouts soon, I have issues counting revolutions and lining up tiny little marks! I guess our only way to get tires is to use the 4wd ones with some adapters. I've got some sketched out, hope to make 'em up after our Thanksgiving next week!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Great! I hope to get some readouts soon, I have issues counting revolutions and lining up tiny little marks! I guess our only way to get tires is to use the 4wd ones with some adapters. I've got some sketched out, hope to make 'em up after our Thanksgiving next week!
i want a set.........name your price......killer...
Old 11-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default adapters

i made a set of those this past summer i can send you a pic. you guys should jump on those donuts garin has.found a 3axis bench top cnc made in usa 6500$ new

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.