Touring Body Comparison

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Touring Body Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i ran the new G6 PF pontiac
man it was a hand full (rubber v-tech24r on carpet)
turns in real nice but on fast sweeper would break away if pushed hard

car looked real smooth going around but if i tryied to attack the track the car would bite back
craig drescher was trying to help out also, he said it looked real smooth & good
but man it was so on the edge
bigger wing?? maybe confusing day really

we changed the car big time through out the meeting but was still.5 sec a lap slower then top man (forgot who that was )
missed the A by 3/10th sec pole in the B & won it
Old 10-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
i ran the new G6 PF pontiac
man it was a hand full (rubber v-tech24r on carpet)
turns in real nice but on fast sweeper would break away if pushed hard

car looked real smooth going around but if i tryied to attack the track the car would bite back
craig drescher was trying to help out also, he said it looked real smooth & good
but man it was so on the edge
bigger wing?? maybe confusing day really

we changed the car big time through out the meeting but was still.5 sec a lap slower then top man (forgot who that was )
missed the A by 3/10th sec pole in the B & won it
Have you tried lowering the rear roll center? This plus raising the rear ride height .25mm might work to calm the rear end down, without loosing steering, with that type of low downforce body. Raising the rear ride height above the front produces more downforce for any body. Not only will it raise the rear wing up into the airflow more, but the low pressure air pocket underneath the chassis will be increased and therefore suction the car to the track.

What was the full setup?
Old 10-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Soviet
Maybe you thought the car looked better and thus you drove better.

just kiddin'.
very possable, maybe the glare hit me at a different angle which caused a slight tingle in my trigger finger that made me get off throttle a little to soon!!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

I still think you folks are imagining things in your heads when you try to tell others your various reasons why Jellybean "A" "is better than" Jellybean "B."

All modern TC bodies are the same generic shape. You can make any modern TC body feel just like another one just by playing with lower lip and wing position/area.
Not so. With respective optimal setups and a consistent driver, Jellybean "A" will be consistently faster than Jellybean "B". Unless its black licorice, since they are, or at least should be, illegal in any form.

Although you may be able to get them to "feel" similar on the same surface and with the same tires, one will most likely be consistently faster than the other.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default body design

1. Get a box of cereal, eat cereal.

2. Cut out the back of the box

3. Cut 4 holes in the other side

4. Mount

5. Run new body and start 10 threads about how "dominant" your new Trix 5.0 body is on carpet, but sucks on tarmac.

There...y'all happy now?

Laugh all you want however...

I still think you folks are imagining things in your heads when you try to tell others your various reasons why Jellybean "A" "is better than" Jellybean "B."

All modern TC bodies are the same generic shape. You can make any modern TC body feel just like another one just by playing with lower lip and wing position/area.
Downforce and drag are proven facts and a little or alot are molded in differently on bodies. Make a few practice laps with one, then switch to another and you can see the difference. Switch wings or cut one down and try this basic experiment again. In the end it is your choice!!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by teamgp
Have you tried lowering the rear roll center? This plus raising the rear ride height .25mm might work to calm the rear end down, without loosing steering, with that type of low downforce body. Raising the rear ride height above the front produces more downforce for any body. Not only will it raise the rear wing up into the airflow more, but the low pressure air pocket underneath the chassis will be increased and therefore suction the car to the track.

What was the full setup?
we were at aloss
we done everything to get the car `safe` droop,roll centres,oil`s,shock positions,roll bars,castor,springs,
felt like flogging a dead horse

only thing we didn`t change was the shell , so the nemises is out on weds night, same rubber & carpet racing

but i watched craig swap shells between races to tame `he`s ` car
so shells do act differently on track
i know one who only uses PF vectra shell every where
Old 10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burgboyz
Downforce and drag are proven facts and a little or alot are molded in differently on bodies. Make a few practice laps with one, then switch to another and you can see the difference. Switch wings or cut one down and try this basic experiment again. In the end it is your choice!!!!!
Agreed.
Switched between a Mazda6 and a Ride Mk2 stratus mid-run this weekend (in practise). Started out with the mazda, then switched to the ride. Ran for 3mins with each (only doing stock), and I have to say the Ride was better for me, made the car more stable on the rear, compared to the mazda. With the Mazda the car would tend to turn in, then start to break away. With the ride, this didn't happen, and I was more confident with the car as a result.

Ed
Old 10-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

At 1/10th scale nonetheless.

All I've ever really meant to express is that folks don't need to buy into the "body of the week" craze. I'm sure Dale Epp would disagree though.

Yes, some bodies are more draggy than others. Say CTS vs NEMESIS. Especially since the CTS has such a blunt nose. Since a body has a more blunt shape it should provide a "bit" more downforce on the frontend.

It's all fair game at the rear end of the body though. As you could make any body feel just like another one by playing with wing-area and position.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Not so. With respective optimal setups and a consistent driver, Jellybean "A" will be consistently faster than Jellybean "B". Unless its black licorice, since they are, or at least should be, illegal in any form.

Although you may be able to get them to "feel" similar on the same surface and with the same tires, one will most likely be consistently faster than the other.

Good to see ya Guy!

I should be up there this Sat. And speaking of bodies, I'm whipping one up tonight.

-Sean
Old 10-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

At 1/10th scale nonetheless.

All I've ever really meant to express is that folks don't need to buy into the "body of the week" craze. I'm sure Dale Epp would disagree though.

Yes, some bodies are more draggy than others. Say CTS vs NEMESIS. Especially since the CTS has such a blunt nose. Since a body has a more blunt shape it should provide a "bit" more downforce on the frontend.

It's all fair game at the rear end of the body though. As you could make any body feel just like another one by playing with wing-area and position.
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what body are you doing tonight?
nicole or jessica?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

nicole or jessica?

Oh man....like you even had to ask?!?!

Nicole of course.

Actually I'm doing up a Nemesis.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TryHard
Agreed.
Switched between a Mazda6 and a Ride Mk2 stratus mid-run this weekend (in practise). Started out with the mazda, then switched to the ride. Ran for 3mins with each (only doing stock), and I have to say the Ride was better for me, made the car more stable on the rear, compared to the mazda. With the Mazda the car would tend to turn in, then start to break away. With the ride, this didn't happen, and I was more confident with the car as a result.

Ed

drescher hinself said the mazda is to steery ideal for foams ,but rubber on carpet/asphalt it`s all about balence

soviet
your right also
buy the new shell as soon as it comes out coz it`s mile better (not) , not all shells work coz they are new

this is properly why dodge 2 is still going strong
Old 10-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Good to see ya Guy!

I should be up there this Sat. And speaking of bodies, I'm whipping one up tonight.

-Sean
Just as long as you don't whip up on me with it Saturday.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

nicole or jessica?
I certainly hope neither are "draggy" as Soviet says.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Just as long as you don't whip up on me with it Saturday.

No way...I'm gonna be chasing you folks for a few weekends to come before I find the pace.

That I'm SURE of...

Although I may have the prettiest car out there though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.