Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Anybody have a vid of the awards presentations ??? I'm still looking at stuff so it might already be there but if you know where it's at point me to it.
The camera that took video during racing was on the wall behind where the awards were handed out, so that camera wouldn't have been able to record any video of the presentations. I didn't see anyone with a video camera rolling for all of the awards, so I expect there's no video of it.
As mentioned, the "official" photographer took pics of every presentation.
According to the papers at the tech station, her website is www.brooksphotodesign.net although the pics aren't up yet. A message was sent to her asking when they would be posted and was replied to saying they should be uploaded today.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Batfish
The camera that took video during racing was on the wall behind where the awards were handed out, so that camera wouldn't have been able to record any video of the presentations. I didn't see anyone with a video camera rolling for all of the awards, so I expect there's no video of it.
As mentioned, the "official" photographer took pics of every presentation.
According to the papers at the tech station, her website is www.brooksphotodesign.net although the pics aren't up yet. A message was sent to her asking when they would be posted and was replied to saying they should be uploaded today.
Yes she has like 4000 pics she is going through. I was looking over her shoulder last night for awhile as she was going through them. She will have them up soon
Old 09-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looking for some rules clarification here. In the rules it is very specific which tires are allowed. Do they require you to use 26mm tires in the front or can you run the 31mm tires in the front as well?

I am just curious as the car I have is a TC4 which usually takes a 190mm body and on the hpi website it states to use the 31mm tires on all four corners so the body fits.

What tires should I run using a tc4 with the 68 camero body?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
Looking for some rules clarification here. In the rules it is very specific which tires are allowed. Do they require you to use 26mm tires in the front or can you run the 31mm tires in the front as well?

I am just curious as the car I have is a TC4 which usually takes a 190mm body and on the hpi website it states to use the 31mm tires on all four corners so the body fits.

What tires should I run using a tc4 with the 68 camero body?
you should be fine with 26mm in the front and 31mm in the rear - that's the way the tires are...pretty much ALL electric TCs are 190mm wide (+/- 1mm), and if you look, HPI (at least used to) tell you the front width and back width on the bodies..

I have always run 26mm front/31mm rear on my cyclone TC and never had an issue with it being too wide or too narrow - and I've run every body HPI has made...the Mustang GT is the only one a little close - all the others (especially the cuda and camero) are wide enough that it looks appropriate
Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
you should be fine with 26mm in the front and 31mm in the rear - that's the way the tires are...pretty much ALL electric TCs are 190mm wide (+/- 1mm), and if you look, HPI (at least used to) tell you the front width and back width on the bodies..

I have always run 26mm front/31mm rear on my cyclone TC and never had an issue with it being too wide or too narrow - and I've run every body HPI has made...the Mustang GT is the only one a little close - all the others (especially the cuda and camero) are wide enough that it looks appropriate
+1

Cyclone S, Cyclone, TC4, TC5 all fine with the 26mm front, 31mm rear combo on 68, 69, 70 Camaro, GT-350 and Cuda.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a link to the winners pics...

http://www.brooksphotodesign.net/201...als/index.html
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That title belt is awesome! Those trophies look great too. I'm jealous!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

On the Bodies and tires issue, you must remember that the HPI Vintage bodies and even the Protoform J71 are all 200mm up front and 210 in the rear. so the 31mm rear wheel with the offset of that rim is designed to be at or near 210 on the rearend of most 190mm touring cars. Same thing goes for the front with the 26mm rim. Its offset is made to fill up a shell that is 200mm up front.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
Hey Eric its Bryan, I just wanted to thank you for all your help this weekend. RJ keep up the good work and listen to your Dad cause he has a TON of knowledge to offer you. With out your help i would have never seen a 13.7 sec lap or given the winner of the C- main a run for his money. I couldnt have pitted next to more generous ppl than you guys!!
Your very welcome Bryan. That's what makes races like this the most enjoyable for me.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by k_bojar

Because the original question wasn't answered, I thought I'd ask again. Disregarding body width, is it allowable to run with 31mm wheels & tires in the front instead of 26mm? My highly-modded CYANide Turbo Optima has narrowed front track to allow 31mm tires to fit just perfectly inside the front wheel-wells of the Cuda body. Just wondering; thanks.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coelacanth
Because the original question wasn't answered, I thought I'd ask again. Disregarding body width, is it allowable to run with 31mm wheels & tires in the front instead of 26mm? My highly-modded CYANide Turbo Optima has narrowed front track to allow 31mm tires to fit just perfectly inside the front wheel-wells of the Cuda body. Just wondering; thanks.
Front tires are 26mm, rears are 31mm. They are designated "front" and "rear" since they are to be used as such.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
Front tires are 26mm, rears are 31mm. They are designated "front" and "rear" since they are to be used as such.
Right, I realize that. So is using 31mm on the fronts permissible or not? I'm assuming not, but all I've been reading is people saying "26mm are for the front, 31mm are for the rear".
Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Right, I realize that. So is using 31mm on the fronts permissible or not? I'm assuming not, but all I've been reading is people saying "26mm are for the front, 31mm are for the rear".
Per the USVTA website, The only tires allowed are HPI tire part #4793 front and #4797 rear.

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html
Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

31mm is only size allowed for the rear tires.

26mm is only size allowed for the front tires.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by x3inchesx
31mm is only size allowed for the rear tires.

26mm is only size allowed for the front tires.

I agree with the replies to the question; it seems obvious enough, but I think he's looking for clarity, not assumption.

If the rules stated that 26mm front tires may only be used on the front of the car, and 31mm rear tires may only be used on the rear of the car, I think it would be clear for him.
It's a verbiage/semantic/interpretation thing.
The rules don't specifically state that you can't use a rear tire on the front of the car, and vice-versa. I think that's what he's getting at.

These are the things that make rules revisions and legal disclaimers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.