Search

NEW Novak Bruhless (full out mod)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 07:19 AM

including the heatsinks it makes it tall..... which is kinda big
Old 11-03-2003, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I would take tall over long and wide any-day. It just makes it easier to shoe horn it into a car.

Mike
Old 11-03-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is a member or two on this board who has been testing the open mod BL and from what I've seen at the track it is one helluva package. The thing is scarey fast and can hold it's own against the best of em. Throttle control with power like this is a major factor and Novak looks like it got it right. Great stuff.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by NightKidZ
Hi Randman,
Glad to hear that Team Orange is constantly experimenting and improving their products

Just a couple of questions :

1) How big is the new ESC? The size of the presnt one is a big (pun intended) reason why I haven't bought one yet

2) Is it still going to be a sensored system?

Thanks a million

Cheers
The ESC is in the same case as the current SS esc. I think it's going to take a little time before the BL ESC's go down in size, but I guarantee that they will. Novak's first ESC's were even larger than the one with the SS BL.

I believe it is a sensored system still, but honestly can't remember, I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know. Novak seems to stand by the sensored system, gives much better throttle control than non-sensored.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
The ESC is in the same case as the current SS esc. I think it's going to take a little time before the BL ESC's go down in size, but I guarantee that they will. Novak's first ESC's were even larger than the one with the SS BL.

I believe it is a sensored system still, but honestly can't remember, I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know. Novak seems to stand by the sensored system, gives much better throttle control than non-sensored.
Hi Randman
Thanks for the info dude
Darn, was hoping the ESC will be smaller, oh well.. as long as it does go like a bat out of hell I'm not going to complain too much

I honestly feel Novak is right to stick to a sensored system, just looking forward to seeing the new setup soon.. preferably before March 2004.. heheheh birthday you see hehehhe

Cheers
Old 11-03-2003, 10:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I think it's a good possibility that the mod setup will be out before the new year actually... They have been testing for months now, and the damn thing is definately up to speed
Old 11-03-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman

my guess is that the new esc will go on a diet before production, the one being tested is only sharing the current case. just for testing purposes and is hand buildt. only my opinion though.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Who cares how big it is as long as it is powerful and efficient
Old 11-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Besercoe
Who cares how big it is as long as it is powerful and efficient
cos space is limited on my car... i have to mount my receiver ON TOP of my servo in order to fit the BL's ESC...

I was using the Keyence ESC, which is very small, thus i still need time to get used to a change to a bigger ESC...

Not to mention when size goes smaller, weight is also decreased...
Old 11-03-2003, 10:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Time and technology make everything smaller and better.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

more power every1?...
it's a pity i can't use the current esc to power tis new mod motor...
Old 11-04-2003, 06:22 PM

i agree... saving money is my second priority (number one is having fun!)
Old 11-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Ok guys there's somthing I just don't get, I've hooked my keyence AO7rz esc up to a brushless computer fan and it *worked*. Why can't I just use a brushless motor with my keyence? I know the drill about only using brushless motors with brushless esc's but has anybody actually tried otherwise?
Old 11-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fatdoggy
Ok guys there's somthing I just don't get, I've hooked my keyence AO7rz esc up to a brushless computer fan and it *worked*. Why can't I just use a brushless motor with my keyence? I know the drill about only using brushless motors with brushless esc's but has anybody actually tried otherwise?
Hi there
The computer fan comes with a "built-in" ESC, so it just needs a power supply to run. Try reversing the polarity of the supply, the fan doen't work now right?

A BL ESC supplies powers in a different way from a trad brush ESC. For a BL motor, there are 3 phases, the work of the ESC lies in supplying power to one of the 3 phases at the right time in the right order, else the BL motor just wouldn't turn. It's sometime like 1-2-3, 1-2-3,1-2-3.... the beat gong faster as the motor accelerates and vise versa.

Cheers
Old 11-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

NightKidZ - Ahhhh ok. Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.