Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is anyone here using tamiya shocks?? Can some one tell me what pistons and oil to use for mid to large some what tight track..thanks
Old 08-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Sorry, dont use Tamiya shocks.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Hi I have got a FK05. Can anyone please help me why do my car keep skidding in coner?
Old 08-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by N15M0
Hi I have got a FK05. Can anyone please help me why do my car keep skidding in coner?
by skidding to you mean to a stop, or spinning out?

you're going to need to give a description of your setup (including tires) as well as the surface you are running on. all things being equal, if you're running the kit setup and your car is spinning (and your tires are in 'ok' condition), the first thing i would be checking is that the tires have not come unglued from the rim.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
Is anyone here using tamiya shocks?? Can some one tell me what pistons and oil to use for mid to large some what tight track..thanks
I'm using 3 hole and trinity 45 wght oil ...this is for asphalt medium to high bite tracks.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gee-dub
by skidding to you mean to a stop, or spinning out?

you're going to need to give a description of your setup (including tires) as well as the surface you are running on. all things being equal, if you're running the kit setup and your car is spinning (and your tires are in 'ok' condition), the first thing i would be checking is that the tires have not come unglued from the rim.
I mean spinning out. The tire are guled properly and they are quite new. I am running on road surface. The setup are according to the menu.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Foam tires

Whats up guys. I tried so mount up some jaco foams to my FK05 and the noticed that the my rear foams are hitting the lower shock plactic mounts. Do I have to grind down the plastic in order for clearence or is there something i should do to run foams ? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
Whats up guys. I tried so mount up some jaco foams to my FK05 and the noticed that the my rear foams are hitting the lower shock plactic mounts. Do I have to grind down the plastic in order for clearence or is there something i should do to run foams ? Thanks for the help.
If I remember correctly, In the manual it instructs you to shave off a piece of the arm if you are using foams.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoobydo
If I remember correctly, In the manual it instructs you to shave off a piece of the arm if you are using foams.
Thats right. I remember reading about that. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just put some spacer washers between the wheel axle hex hub and the inside of the foam wheel. It moved it out far enough to clear it.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by N15M0
I mean spinning out. The tire are guled properly and they are quite new. I am running on road surface. The setup are according to the menu.
Loosen the rear diff sounds like it is to tight. I had this same problem and was chassing set up after set up. It got to the point where i was going to get rid of the car and just run the fk 04. but then I had a conversation with one of my sponsors (BMI) and he said the Magic WORDS " have you checked your diff?" Thats the only thing I never touched. Made it looser and the car is hooked up now. As long as I have been doing this hobby I should have known better.

I feel kinda dumb now
Old 08-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default shocks...

I am thinking of buying a xray t1 05 fk and i was wondering how the stock shocks compare to the flouride tamiya shocks. Are the tamiya ones worth the money for an upgrade for the xray car? Do the o5 fk kits come with a multidiff? Where is the best place to buy online since xray is not supported locally. Moving to San Diego in the spring. Does socal raceway suport xray?
Thanks in advance......
Old 08-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Guys ask the same question every year at the beginning of carpet season...lol

Roger, take your dremel and simply cut off the boss where the shock screw mounts. If you are anal like myself, start at the end closest to the chassis where the boss meets the arm and cut it parallel to the original outermost surface so that the shock ball and end still mount perpendicular to the centerline of the chassis as opposed to cutting the boss down flush to the arm. My way leaves a little extra meat for the screw but still gets it in deep enough to miss the wheels. Also, if you move it too close to the arm you will notice the spring perch rubs the upright and you'll have to grind a smooth spot on the upright to stop that from happening.

Hope that helps...
Old 08-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slingblade
I am thinking of buying a xray t1 05 fk and i was wondering how the stock shocks compare to the flouride tamiya shocks. Are the tamiya ones worth the money for an upgrade for the xray car? Do the o5 fk kits come with a multidiff? Where is the best place to buy online since xray is not supported locally. Moving to San Diego in the spring. Does socal raceway suport xray?
Thanks in advance......
The xray shocks work just fine, but I myself plan on switching to the tamiya shocks. All kits come with the multi-diff EXCEPT THE U.S. VERSION. Speedtechrc.com I like speedtechrc.com for online shopping, but since all my LHS carry xray parts there is no need for me to use online shops.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

lbckevin Sorry, dont use Tamiya shocks.
ya do not use the tamiya shocks ppl at my local raceway tried them u need a lot of modding to the arms and special parts its really not worth it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.