Search
Like Tree2Likes

RB Concept Engine Thread..

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default RB Concept Engine Thread..

I dont remember seeing one for these engines so here we go.....

Last edited by r1harper; 11-04-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i have one of the s3 and love it. let's get this thread going!!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mike williams
i have one of the s3 and love it. let's get this thread going!!
+1 I'm interested in hearing more about RB. You don't hear much about them but I have had a few discussions with a couple of people here and I know I'm making a good choice going with an S5 next season. It would be nice to hear some more comments on RB and what to expect - pros and cons on them and tips for them

There was only one RB at our track last year - I think a C6BB. Of course that one is a monster. He could keep pace with the fastest 1/8 brushless easy. But the thing ran nice and cool and would sit and idle all day.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A RB is the only motor I will run. I've tried other brands but never had any luck. The best RB I have is the S5. Very smooth and drivable. The C6 is more for big tracks with wide sweeps. The ws7II I owned lasted 2 years with weekly races on it.

RB may be up in the price range but the quality and performance can not be beat.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

RB's are great engines. I have them in all three of my vehicles. My only gripe is that their customer service at RB USA is terrible. They don't answer the phone and if you leave a message they don't call you back. I work at two hobbyshops and we had a better time getting products and answers when they had only one guy Mid-West importing the engines.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aaron joy
RB's are great engines. I have them in all three of my vehicles. My only gripe is that their customer service at RB USA is terrible. They don't answer the phone and if you leave a message they don't call you back. I work at two hobbyshops and we had a better time getting products and answers when they had only one guy Mid-West importing the engines.
That's not good. I did see on RB's forums where someone complained they had trouble finding a place to buy an engine and complained about RB USA and at least RB responded that they are working on something short term. Maybe things will get better I hope.
I know two track guys that both work at hobby shops but I don't think that either of them normally carry RB or can really get them. When I buy my S5 next Spring I hope that I can get one through either guy locally but hopefully there will be a place on the internet to buy. I think there is right now but many places say they are not available right now.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love s3's and s5's. They last forever and are very reliable. I have tried other engines and had nothing but problems, RB's for me.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Changes are being made and there will be a new distributor announced soon.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
How long ago was that? I recently had to send an engine to RB USA and the response and follow up was phenomenal. I did hear that in the past they had issues and I was quite afraid that I was going to have a similiar experience, but I was very impressed.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

That was only about a month ago. We tried over and over again, I got the guy at RB-USA on the phone one time and he sent me to Great Planes to look for parts. I hope they get on the ball too or I may just have to keep buying used engines. I got a used 3 gallon C6BBT for $120 a month ago with ceramics installed and it is a monster in my truggy! One of the local Hobbyshops I work at has a new C6BBT and a C6BBT with pipe that I have my eyes on for next season.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hmm, maybe my situation was a fluke then. I am with you, love their engines though.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

RB did loose their US rep recently and are getting the situation fixed. If you want an RB try this guy, he always can get me any RB stuff I need.

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/

I've been using RB for years & every time I try something else, I'm disapointed & go back to RB. If your track is small the S5 is my favorite. For big tracks both the WS7III & the C6 are great. I like the C6 with a 2045 pipe the best on big tracks. If your on a budget & have a medium to large track I recomend the regular S7. For me If you told me I could only buy 1 motor & had to run it on every track I would pick the regular S7. These motors last a long time if you take care of them & keep them tunned properly. They are easy to tune (especially the S motors). Please, if you get an RB, run a good pipe on it. Pipes make all the difference on performance. For me, I like the 2045 pipe for racing with the C6. Great power & fantastic fuel economy. For track bashing & practice I like the 2020 pipe but it has worse fuel economy.

I'm not an employee or affiliated with RB Concepts in any way.

Last edited by RBMike; 11-04-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

are they back in busines..if so who is running it. Kevin?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

i am about to get another RB WS7III, i love that engine.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

What pipe for the WS7III is best and I dont mind spending $100+ as long as it is tried and true?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.