Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Rod Hobbies -ROAR NATS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

While Live RC was pretty good, I am disappointed in the complete lack of online coverage for what is arguably the biggest/prestigious electric race in North America. It looked liked they had WiFi there and with all the teams and magazines there I can't believe there is nothing but a couple of shots on the net...
Old 08-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah this morning I searched youtube hoping to find some video....Nothing at all except 2 little 15 second videos. Anybody know where to view the action?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
While Live RC was pretty good, I am disappointed in the complete lack of online coverage for what is arguably the biggest/prestigious electric race in North America. It looked liked they had WiFi there and with all the teams and magazines there I can't believe there is nothing but a couple of shots on the net...
Times have change , Liverc is better than the net anyway with all the camera`s & score board ...
Old 08-18-2008, 09:03 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

It would of been cool to see more stuff on the race since it is a ROAR event and one of the larger offroad electric races of the year. I did check out LiveRC some to keep up to date. It was much better than having no info. I was lucky one of my best friends was racing this event and would call me when he was done each day to let me know what was going on.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Times have change , Liverc is better than the net anyway with all the camera`s & score board ...
I like watching the races live and am a Bonus Lap member. I do wish the resolution was a bit better (something like www.freecaster.com would be sweet). But I still like to see photo's of the pits, up close shots of the pro's cars and shot of some of the new products and general R/C nonsense that goes on at these events.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think some pics will be posted once people recover from the week.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
No pics of trophy girls? What's the matter with you? LMAO
I didn't stay that long, we got what we needed for our shoot and went to go eat some BBQ...and drink a whole lot of fluids while enjoying air conditioning
Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxnut273
and i believe it was howart that did the false start for tebo there was a few people that where telling frank to take one for the team but he didnt do it...wait till u guys see the pics pf franks bq outfit hilarous
Hohwart false started the truck main to give hartson and maifield a chance. frank false and hartson false started 2wd
Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

PorTX you got pm sir.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

+1 johnny was kinda like oople usa at crcrc. good stuff
Old 08-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeselms
Okay, put up a selection of photos from the afternoon, starting with the J82 main...and even more excited about my impending conversion, now that I've seen them in action. Very neat.

Here's the Photobucket slideshow while you wait for Jason Boulanger to update his big ol' gallery!

Nice pics. Thanks for posting.

Re LiveRC. I think it's amazing. I thought it was worth the $30, even with occasional problems. Though it would be nice if those that paid would get some additional benefits besides the "no que". As it is now, it often feels more like a dontation or tip.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scott S.
Live RC is always crashes during an event and Brandon is more concerned with his racing that the paying customers!!!! Hope The AE team is doing well!!!
Scott, please get the facts before you post dumb comments like this. The second the site went down, Canyon let me know and I was working on it right away, even foregoing needed work on my cars like mounting fresh tires. A sector of the hard drive went bad, and it was out of my hands to fix. All I could do is call our data center and request immediate service to have our backup drive put in place. Considering the issue, the 75 minute downtime could have been worse. Audio and video never stopped unless you closed the window because they are on a different server.

I know things are not flawless, but I am doing everything possible to improve it at every race. Only 2 races this year have had issues out of the 18 races we covered, so to say it always happens isn't true. We have never had the same issue happen twice. While I would love to have 5 times the server power and redundancy, unless I charge $250 a person this is not yet feasible. For the worlds, there will be no expenses spared so we should be OK for that. In the meantime, we are doing everything we can to keep things going as smoothly as possible.

The reason we could not go live before Friday is because the cameras we had shipped to the ROAR Oval Nationals did not arrive back to Hot Rod Hobbies until Thursday afternoon, so by the time they were mounted and hooked up practice was over with.

To all those who have posted the nice comments, thank you very much for the support and kind words. It goes a long way to hear that after reading comments like the one above.

Congrats to Ryan, Ryan and Dakotah for another awesome performance!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Brandon, thank you for providing the site. You have just convinced me to upgrade my account. I look forward to seeing more events and the coverage to only get better with time.

Kudo's for doing what NO ONE ELSE is.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only problem that I had with the broadcast this weekend is that I believe that there should be a "Hottie Cam" ready at all times!
If there is not, then the announcer should keep his comments to himself so that he does not torture the on line viewers!!

Congrats to AE and the "Ryan Show"!!

I was really hoping to see some more Kyosho cars in the show, but the K team showed that they are definately on their way. With the subtraction of just a couple of bad breaks, we could easily have seen 3 or 4 Kyosho's in each A Main!! The new Kyosho fleet looks awsome and they will make it to the top of that podium soon!
Great job to the Kyosho team!!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smac
The only problem that I had with the broadcast this weekend is that I believe that there should be a "Hottie Cam" ready at all times!
If there is not, then the announcer should keep his comments to himself so that he does not torture the on line viewers!!

Congrats to AE and the "Ryan Show"!!

I was really hoping to see some more Kyosho cars in the show, but the K team showed that they are definately on their way. With the subtraction of just a couple of bad breaks, we could easily have seen 3 or 4 Kyosho's in each A Main!! The new Kyosho fleet looks awsome and they will make it to the top of that podium soon!
Great job to the Kyosho team!!

SUCK UP!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.