Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi virtus .21 in serpent cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm jealous , that's my thought on this. I've run a Flash Rally in my GT and oh boy is that fun. Screaming down the straight BEHIND Paulo at Mike's in Gulfport. You are going to have a permanent grin on your face. Don't worry about the car. It will handle it no problem.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Okay, So I've installed the Virtus with the suggested header/pipe combo, Now I'm considering servos.
Was going to go with the combo: Hitec HSB-9370th for steering and HSB-9360th for the throttle/brake powered by a protek 6.6 Life battery. But because I couldn't find the 9360th anywhere, I figured I'd go with a futaba option instead: Futaba BLS 157HV Ultra Torque for steering and Futaba S9352HV for T/B. What are your thoughts, recommendations, etc?
Steering: RSX response
Throttle: RSX power
Old 08-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burgboyz
Steering: RSX response
Throttle: RSX power
Thats why I love this forum. Until now, I never knew about the rsx servos. Appreciate the suggestion.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well here she is:
Specs:
Serpent Cobra GT
Novarossi Virtus .21 Full Ceramic
Novarossi AIr Filter
Novarossi 51011 pipe
Novarossi Offroad header
Futaba BLS157 Steering, S9352HV Throttle/brake servos
Sweep Tires
Thunder tiger Buggy wheels
Ole school Porsche 911 body

Last edited by Evo 13; 08-16-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:10 AM
DDG
Tech Initiate

Hey EVO 13, How does it run? But more importantly what is the fuel consumption of that beast? lastly what gearing and venturi are you using? I bet you really had a big grin on your face when you first pulled that trigger after breaking and some tuning. )
Old 08-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DDG
Hey EVO 13, How does it run? But more importantly what is the fuel consumption of that beast? lastly what gearing and venturi are you using? I bet you really had a big grin on your face when you first pulled that trigger after breaking and some tuning. )
Sorry for the late response DDG, but I just broke it in a bit today, Gearing is stock. Don't know for sure what the fuel consumption is but its a good while before the tank goes empty. What was noteworthy though was the handling. After reading about the benefits of the aluminum servo savers on this forum, I decided to give them a try. WOW! the steering on the car is razor sharp! Furthermore, I never thought I'd need ear plugs for a RC car. -This sucker is loud and fast!!
Old 08-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Luv the porsche body but if you plan to race you may get called out as it appears your tires are outside of the body.

Hope the electrical tape stripes stay stuck as it adds to the some flare to the paint job.

Be sure you watch your engine temps as your vent holes are not very large. 2" holes front and rear will help keep it cooler and you can then tune for more power without risking overheating that beautiful virtus!

Also, you should pick up some power if you cut off the exhaust deflector so it is straight in line with the stinger. Also helps keep oil off of your l/r tire.

Take care and have fun!!
Old 08-24-2013, 04:15 PM
DDG
Tech Initiate

Its a good____while before the tank gets empty? )
Old 08-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by burgboyz
Luv the porsche body but if you plan to race you may get called out as it appears your tires are outside of the body.

Hope the electrical tape stripes stay stuck as it adds to the some flare to the paint job.

Be sure you watch your engine temps as your vent holes are not very large. 2" holes front and rear will help keep it cooler and you can then tune for more power without risking overheating that beautiful virtus!

Also, you should pick up some power if you cut off the exhaust deflector so it is straight in line with the stinger. Also helps keep oil off of your l/r tire.

Take care and have fun!!
Appreciate the input. I do not plan on racing with this set up. This is just for my own kicks. However, if i decide to race I'll go with the Protoform GT body. I made a couple of changes since uploading the photos: 1. I found a black model airplane decal sheet to replace the electrical tape. 2. For the same reasons you mentioned I got rid of that exhaust defector and installed a straight piece of plumbing tube. Problem though, it softens a bit during each run, but maintains its integrity. If you have a better suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

As far as the vents are concerned, I'll consider what you said and make some adjustments. If you have another ideas let me know. Thanks
Old 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DDG
Its a good____while before the tank gets empty? )
In other words, the fuel consumption is good.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:04 AM
DDG
Tech Initiate

Great!!! Enjoy the ride EVO13. )