Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 12:04 AM
tornado

Originally posted by v0rtex
C Hubs and Arms break very often?

Do they require a pretty big hit to break?
It all depends. Luck, speed and angle of impact and many other factors. Currently I'm running a Yokomo SD RS. Just recently I've slammed the car into a lamp post at full speed at the end of the straight run. I've suffered one broken graphite shock tower, alloy arm bracket and broke the hinge pin into 3 pieces !! but the arm survived. ......one of those things......tussling for the corner at the hairpin with 4-5 other cars and I went too wide. .....dang did not see it coming. ....anyway I'm trying this car out and see how I like it.

Bryan

Old 10-27-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Airwide
Have you looked at myTSN.com under setups?
Yes, but as far as I can see most of the setups are gone from MyTSN. After they ended the cooperation with Xray there are almost no setups to be found...

Although, I did find a setup from Andreas Myrberg on there, it was for the Boraas track.
But the setup was for the EVO2 with a short arm and low ratio pulley conversion, so it's not quite the same.... And he used som weird shock setup that I would avoid trying to mess with if I can.

Any recent Myrberg setups out there??
Old 10-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by OleC
Yes, but as far as I can see most of the setups are gone from MyTSN. After they ended the cooperation with Xray there are almost no setups to be found...
Aww, so the VIP stuff for MyTSN i'll get in my new FK is useless?
Old 10-27-2004, 01:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

try cyrul's set-up for the reedy race held earlier this year at the tamiya track. i use it as my baseline set-up its really hooked-up

www.cefx.net
Old 10-27-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

Probably yes.
I haven’t checked it out, but when I got my FK two weeks ago I didn’t even bother looking for the VIP on MyTSN since the announced the end of their cooperation with Xray a few months(?) back.
It really sucks when I come to think about it. I was very eager to enter the VIP section before I bought the car. I hope there will be something similar on the new Xray website soon. Or at least somewhere we can have a look at the pro’s set ups.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
try cyrul's set-up for the reedy race held earlier this year at the tamiya track. i use it as my baseline set-up its really hooked-up

www.cefx.net
Yes, but he uses a staggered battery setup. Wont that affect the setup?

BTW, how do you utilize the camber link position #2 and 3 on the rear shock tower?

And also from the setup sheet, what are those clips on the front suspension, on the same level as the toe in clips for the rear?

Last edited by OleC; 10-27-2004 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, but he uses a staggered battery setup. Wont that affect the setup?

BTW, how do you utilize the camber link position #2 and 3 on the rear shock tower?

And also from the setup sheet, what are those clips on the front suspension, on the same level as the toe in clips for the rear?
well i never tried using staggerd batt set-up. i just used the saddle pack layout. i'm very happy with this batt set-up.

i think there is a part that you can buy to use rear camber positions (2 & 3).

the clips you mentioned are to dictate the toe-in of the rear tires. if you add clips on the front it acts as a tool to adjust the toe-out of the front arms. IMO its effect is to reduce steering.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
the clips you mentioned are to dictate the toe-in of the rear tires. if you add clips on the front it acts as a tool to adjust the toe-out of the front arms. IMO its effect is to reduce steering.
You mean the front tires right? That is the ones I was talking about.
I have never seen anyone use "toe out" on the front arms
(not by adjusting the steering rods). Does anyone actuallly use it?

I think its funny that they are on the setup sheet but not mentioned in the instructions or the setup manual. That goes for the shimming under the camber links on the front and rear hubs as well...
Old 10-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Tech Addict

Toe out at the front arms increase turn inn allot and less steering going out.
Both the Losi XXXs and Pro4 have toe out on the arms and Tamiya cars can have it as well...
I normally run 1.5deg toe out in the arm mounts.

Regards,
The Coach
Old 10-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Although, I did find a setup from Andreas Myrberg on there, it was for the Boraas track.
But the setup was for the EVO2 with a short arm and low ratio pulley conversion, so it's not quite the same.... And he used som weird shock setup that I would avoid trying to mess with if I can.

Any recent Myrberg setups out there??
Go to myRCWorld instead. It's the sister website to MyTSN. The decision by MyTsn didn't include myRCWorld. All the setups that were on MyTSN are on myRCWorld.

http://www.myrcworld.net/
Old 10-27-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Keith,

I saw a pic of the buidling to house Platinum Hobbies. YOu guys from went from no track to high class in aboyht one week!!

Ray
Old 10-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, I'm floored by the size of the shop and speedway Bio is opening. Bio thinks he can be open by mid-November, I think it might be the end of November. Bio, the store owner, wants to do some big races. We definitely will be in the big time with this track.I might start a thread about the new track.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hondaguy
Yes, I'm floored by the size of the shop and speedway Bio is opening. Bio thinks he can be open by mid-November, I think it might be the end of November. Bio, the store owner, wants to do some big races. We definitely will be in the big time with this track.I might start a thread about the new track.
just saw the thread and the pics all I can say is OMG!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally posted by Eirik
Toe out at the front arms increase turn inn allot and less steering going out.
Both the Losi XXXs and Pro4 have toe out on the arms and Tamiya cars can have it as well...
I normally run 1.5deg toe out in the arm mounts.

Regards,
The Coach
Do set the car with 1.5 degrees toe (using a toe in/out gauge) or do the do you have 0 degrees toe but 1.5degrees toe out on the arms
Old 10-28-2004, 01:15 AM
Tech Champion

Default Brand New XRay T1 Fac. Kit

He... he... he.... ...... just bought 2 xray T1 FK and I did something crazy I doubled the main chassis and shock tower

It's very stiff !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.