Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree121Likes

ARC R12 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 03:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Here in the UK some have got fed up of waiting and have switched brands already . Our new season starts soon and would like to have a car ready for it . With shipping etc etc I'm hoping it's here before march
Old 01-16-2020, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rharris72
Here in the UK some have got fed up of waiting and have switched brands already . Our new season starts soon and would like to have a car ready for it . With shipping etc etc I'm hoping it's here before march
Wow... it's announced on the 30th December, and people have got fed up waiting 17days later... says more about them than anything else tbh!
Old 01-16-2020, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I thought the full announcement was supposed to be end of January. I'm patiently waiting
Old 01-20-2020, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

I'll be trying out my ARC R11 mid motor on grey carpet (Texas Track - RCCA) and am trying to decide what to change on it before I go. I usually run on medium grip asphalt, therefore I have the carbon chassis. I looked on petitrc for some carpet setups, but it seems like it's a little lacking for the ARC R11 mid motor. Any suggestions on what to change would be great. I usually just try my car and change stuff from there, but was wondering what others might do. Diff oil change (thicker, thinner), spring change, etc.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbrymer
I'll be trying out my ARC R11 mid motor on grey carpet (Texas Track - RCCA) and am trying to decide what to change on it before I go. I usually run on medium grip asphalt, therefore I have the carbon chassis. I looked on petitrc for some carpet setups, but it seems like it's a little lacking for the ARC R11 mid motor. Any suggestions on what to change would be great. I usually just try my car and change stuff from there, but was wondering what others might do. Diff oil change (thicker, thinner), spring change, etc.
Hello Tbrymer… If you have the center tower post this has been working well on the carpet, also removing the rear Y brace appears to help keep the chassis more consistent. Now this is on the black carpet from my testing so I would certainly try with the Y brace, also without and let me know your thoughts. However the center tower post will be good for you. Reversing the topdeck from build instructions will be beneficial as well.

Other than that you can lower the roll centers and use a stiffer rear spring (ARC greens or x-ray 2.7 - 2.8) and progressives on the front, more droop will be beneficial as well to get the springs working more, will help with corner speed.
tbrymer likes this.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NEED-MORE-SPEED
Hello Tbrymer… If you have the center tower post this has been working well on the carpet, also removing the rear Y brace appears to help keep the chassis more consistent. Now this is on the black carpet from my testing so I would certainly try with the Y brace, also without and let me know your thoughts. However the center tower post will be good for you. Reversing the topdeck from build instructions will be beneficial as well.

Other than that you can lower the roll centers and use a stiffer rear spring (ARC greens or x-ray 2.7 - 2.8) and progressives on the front, more droop will be beneficial as well to get the springs working more, will help with corner speed.
Thanks for the response. I wasn't too far off with my thinking. I was going to leave the rear Y brace in at first and also was going to try reversing the top deck. I'm actually going to reverse the top deck this weekend at my own track to see what effect it has. I always use progressive springs on the front and a lot of the time I use them on the rear also. Just like how they feel better. I might try the ARC green or 2.7 xray in the rear and see how things change. Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Was it the end of this month for the r12?
Old 01-25-2020, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Are you local because I race there? Actually, grey carpet setups are similar to asphalt
idbdoug
tbrymer likes this.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Are you local because I race there? Actually, grey carpet setups are similar to asphalt
idbdoug
Not local. About 7 or 8 of us are coming from AZ to race with you guys. Glad to here it will be similar setup to asphalt! I wasn't planning to change much on my car initially. Are you running ARC?
Old 01-26-2020, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Not local. About 7 or 8 of us are coming from AZ to race with you guys. Glad to here it will be similar setup to asphalt! I wasn't planning to change much on my car initially. Are you running ARC?
nope the other A car, Awesomatix
The grey carpet has allot of grip but we don’t have to glue tires. For example. Front-5.2 and Rear-5.4 ride heights. Front down stop-6.2 which is near 2.5ORH. Rear down stop-5.2 which is near 3 ORH. Rear diff weight for stock 7 to 8k, mod up to 10k. I honestly think you will get used to the grey carpet very quickly and do well. All the my setting are very close to my asphalt settings.
idbdoug
Old 01-26-2020, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

nope the other A car, Awesomatix
The grey carpet has allot of grip but we don’t have to glue tires. For example. Front-5.2 and Rear-5.4 ride heights. Front down stop-6.2 which is near 2.5ORH. Rear down stop-5.2 which is near 3 ORH. Rear diff weight for stock 7 to 8k, mod up to 10k. I honestly think you will get used to the grey carpet very quickly and do well. All the my setting are very close to my asphalt settings.
idbdoug
Sounds good! I'll be bringing my "other A car" also.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Sounds good! I'll be bringing my "other A car" also.
introduce yourself, ask for Doug Bryson
should be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday
idbdoug
tbrymer likes this.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

introduce yourself, ask for Doug Bryson
should be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday
idbdoug
Will do. We will be there Friday also.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Will do. We will be there Friday also.
Look under the other A car thread for my rctech id, idbdoug, and follow link to setups for Mike Gee. Use this setup to start
idbdoug
tbrymer likes this.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Well it's almost the end of the month. Wonder if we will see anything soon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.