Wiki Posts
Search

Home-Made Motor drops?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default F Brushes

RC4LESS has the F brushes in stock, both laydown and standup.

Click on the "New Products" button on the left.
http://www.rc4less.com
Old 01-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bruce is great to deal with,either him or Rob Murdock will do you right also, http://members.willinet.net/bmurdock/MURDOCKRC/
Old 01-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Web link for finishline

Originally posted by bigdog xxx-s
RC Driver

What is the weblink for finishline?

Thanks,
www.finishlinerc.com

He didn't have them up yet the last time I spoke with him, they should be up soon. I just e-mailed them through the site to order them.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PROMODVETTE
comm drops are good for the motors if you use the right thing. EDM fluid...thats what you need. Good for heat, wear, and conductivity
Whats EDM fluid and why is my thread all about F brushes? What are these and how do I go about using them.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

because Brushes will have a much larger impact on your motor than any comm drop.I've run all kinda comm drops and they do help to some degree but I generaly don't run them anymore,save your money if you have a tight budget.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

EDM means Electrical Discharge Machining. Its how a lot of parts are probably made in the r/c industry. To make it simple its basically a very hot wire and cuts through metal like butter. The fluid is to keep the material cool and let the electricity conduct better to be a cleaner cooler cut. Its probably hard to find it or get it (there may be some places on the web i havent looked) but to me that would be the best thing to use. Its either clear (oderless and not as oily) and the florescent greenish yellowish that has sorta a sulfer (rotten egg) smell anf has a little oilyness to it. You cant really smell it unless u open like a gallon and dump it on the floor. The yellow would be the better choice because it has a little oil content and makes the motor run smooth. Works great on bearings too!!
Old 01-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

RC Driver Gary, IMO, I think the reason your results show Tribo not to be any good, is due to the fact that you were using a Fantom Dyno. Tribo works on the torque side of the HP equation. Fantom dynos favor the RPM side. If you have 2 motors that put out the same watts, the one with more RPM will show to be the better motor on a Fantom dyno. The drops that increase RPM will show to be better as well.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

I agree,I've got a Fantom and I've got to where I think it is another useless piece of equipment.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rcdude69
RC Driver Gary, IMO, I think the reason your results show Tribo not to be any good, is due to the fact that you were using a Fantom Dyno. Tribo works on the torque side of the HP equation. Fantom dynos favor the RPM side. If you have 2 motors that put out the same watts, the one with more RPM will show to be the better motor on a Fantom dyno. The drops that increase RPM will show to be better as well.
The results were similar on a CS dyno and a Turbo....Plus on track they are less than impressive. Run them if you want to, I just know I have an $8 paperweight shaped like a bottle.....
Old 01-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Who makes the F brushes and where can I get these. How come everyone seems to think they are so great?

Just wondering, also how easy are these to install. I havent rebuild an electric so im wondering if it would be easy to do and can I do it on a motor with maybe 5 runs on it without any sort of lathing.

Thanks for the suggestions. Are there any other tricks for speed or power?
Old 01-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Artifi,

Go to rccars.com and order big jims black book it will teach you about electric motors,I don't know how old you are but it sounds like your very new and have a lot to learn,which is no problem just be patient and try to learn as much as you can.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Peter Robinson and Dave Bower both had Tribo on their motors at paved nats, when they placed 2nd and 3rd overall in stock.......Peter easily had the fastest motor on the track.....

My tests with the Turbo Dyno have shown quite the opposite of yours Gary....

In the end though, no dyno is gonna accurately show the full 5 minute effect of a comm drop....and I own pretty much EVERY dyno made (still looking for a maxmod)....

And Gary, if you choose not to use Tribo as a comm drop, use it as a bushing lube.....its used on ALL of my production and team motors.....with quite a few impressive finishes under my belt.

Later EddieO
Old 01-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

I beg to differ Eddie.....fastest motor on the track? I think Chad Phillips would have something to say about that! LOL!!

Alex Lopez, Furman Walker and myself were awful fast!
Old 01-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I never had Tribo show a improvement on my Turbo Dyno... or noticed a difference on the track... but it does make a great bushing lube
I do agree that Fantom dyno tests are not very accurate... I sold mine years ago and bought a Turbo Dyno... best move I ever made
Old 01-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EddieO
Peter Robinson and Dave Bower both had Tribo on their motors at paved nats, when they placed 2nd and 3rd overall in stock.......Peter easily had the fastest motor on the track.....

My tests with the Turbo Dyno have shown quite the opposite of yours Gary....

In the end though, no dyno is gonna accurately show the full 5 minute effect of a comm drop....and I own pretty much EVERY dyno made (still looking for a maxmod)....

And Gary, if you choose not to use Tribo as a comm drop, use it as a bushing lube.....its used on ALL of my production and team motors.....with quite a few impressive finishes under my belt.

Later EddieO
wait till the nats in FL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.