Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Guys,
I have an MS for sale, still new in box shrink wrapped and all. It looks like I won't be running asphalt this season, so it needs to go. PM me if interested. I'll let you guys have a crack at it first before I list in the F/S forum.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tryhard: Thanks for those photo's... Its just what I wanted to see. I think I will stick with the standard towers as I haven't had droop probs yet on the rear and I like to match my shock angles together... The MS front tower will make that harder.

Anyone got a part number for the trf415 2.5mm lower deck? Would be nice to get the price too (in yen off the packet)
Old 01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by forty6
Guys,
I have an MS for sale, still new in box shrink wrapped and all. It looks like I won't be running asphalt this season, so it needs to go. PM me if interested. I'll let you guys have a crack at it first before I list in the F/S forum.
Whats your asking price?
Old 01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default MS shock towers for carpet racing foam tires

I just don't see the need for ms shock tower for carpet racing, avg. droop for carpet is about let say 5mm to 6mm for carpet, I say this because lesser droop value( more arm travel) is more suited for bumpy tracks. For me I just think its more of a want then a need, this is my opinion but feel free to reply
Old 01-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by TRF415boy
Hi all,

Been racing my TRF 415 for the first time this week end, and I gotta say I'm impressed, it's a much better car than my 414M/SSG was, and I was quite quick with it.

So far, I've been racing carpet/rubber (controlled tires/rims/inserts), using Marc's LRP TCM winning setup (apart from minor details like the outer shock tower hole and 2° toe in blocks instead of the 1° alloy ones). If you're racing on carpet with rubber, I suggest you try that setup, all I did all week end was put the car on the track and race, I haven't changed a single thing on the car, that's about how dialed it was .

This week end, will race on a totally different surface, so I'm making a spool (pinning my one way) and I'll probably start playing with setups.

One thing I noticed, the alloy turnbuckles are one of the weak points, and also the ball studs on the rear hubs .I replaced the turnbuckles with Ti ones off my 414M, and the ball stud by a ball nut/Ti screw like it has always been on the 414M.
Is that setup buried in this thread, or some where on the web?

Thanks,

Wicked.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

You can find it either on www.rcworld.ch or on www.rczone.net
Old 01-12-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dragonfire
Anyone got a part number for the trf415 2.5mm lower deck? Would be nice to get the price too (in yen off the packet)
??????????????????????????????
Old 01-12-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by Carl Giordano
fpart: Yes I'm running a 415. Purchased an old one just before the Worlds. You know me, I like to be different. Way too many xrays in our area and I'm always partial to Tamiya's.

Since I started running the car, I've gottten 4 other guys onto the car. I even force Raul to dump that Schumacjer of his and get a 415 after opening a can of woop ass on him the first night out with my car.

If you need set-up tips. send me an e-mail. I will be at South Shore this Sunday

No, I have no clue who you are...
Carl I am Tom Lane....Now do you know me?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Hi,

Can anyone advice on the difference in setup for 415 (not MS, with stock arm, not with LW arm) on an asphalt track and a carpet track? I've been running on asphalt all this while. Will be running a carpet indoor for the first time next month. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default hi

Originally posted by fpart
Carl I am Tom Lane....Now do you know me?
Was up Tom. Running a Tamiya?

GT Racer, check out a few posts back, my most current carpet/foam setup worked pretty well...
Old 01-12-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Re: MS shock towers for carpet racing foam tires

Originally posted by dawgmeat
I just don't see the need for ms shock tower for carpet racing, avg. droop for carpet is about let say 5mm to 6mm for carpet, I say this because lesser droop value( more arm travel) is more suited for bumpy tracks. For me I just think its more of a want then a need, this is my opinion but feel free to reply
The only advantage I see to having a lower front shock tower for carpet is to be able to slam the body lower on the car. Otherwise, I agree with dawgmeat about droop.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Re: Re: MS shock towers for carpet racing foam tires

Originally posted by Apex
The only advantage I see to having a lower front shock tower for carpet is to be able to slam the body lower on the car. Otherwise, I agree with dawgmeat about droop.

DING, DING, DING, we have a winner......
Old 01-12-2005, 07:26 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Originally posted by GT Racer
Hi,

Can anyone advice on the difference in setup for 415 (not MS, with stock arm, not with LW arm) on an asphalt track and a carpet track? I've been running on asphalt all this while. Will be running a carpet indoor for the first time next month. Thanks in advance!
running on carpet with rubbers there is really very little setup change needed, we usually just reomve the under block spacers so all blocks sit flat on the chassis, and use an A bridge block on the front to give inboard toe out

ive never used foams on carpet so if your using those im affraid i cant help
Old 01-12-2005, 10:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dragonfire
??????????????????????????????

I guess Im the part # guy as of late
Old 01-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

my Novak setup was pretty basic...

40 wt oil, shocks all stood up. D-A bridge block, rear blocks were B-C, for 2.5 total toe. 2mm spacers on front camber link, 0 reaqr... blocks all flat on chassis. wheelbase was all the way back in front, middle rear..... new Protoform 3.0 Stratus. worked very well with the handout Take-Off 27s, i thought.... wish i coulda drove it better!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.