Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help buying a brushless on road car

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help buying a brushless on road car

I am new to rc's and I am looking to buy a brushless on road car, I have been looking at the ken block range but the reviews have not been the best.

Can someone help me or recommend me to and electric brushless car.

Cheers
Old 09-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2505
I am new to rc's and I am looking to buy a brushless on road car, I have been looking at the ken block range but the reviews have not been the best.

Can someone help me or recommend me to and electric brushless car.

Cheers
What are you trying to acomplish out of this RC car? Bashing? Driftin? Racing?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I am just doing it as a hobby, might go into to racing but at the moment I am looking for a car that can have some fun with and mess around with.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tom2505
I am just doing it as a hobby, might go into to racing but at the moment I am looking for a car that can have some fun with and mess around with.
If you are looking to possibly race I would go to your local track and see what people run for cars.

As for just driving around. It's an RC Car if you hit things it will break. Read the box for instructions. If you get a car that says can do 60mph make sure you the get battery that can handle it etc. At the end of the day its what you think is cool and what your local hobby shop stocks in the whoops category. If you don't mind being patient and doing everything via the net then its what you think is cool is the most important. But I highly recommended talking to your local hobby shop to see what they stock and stock parts for. I always found it deflating when I got a new car and the local store didn't have the simplest part.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:12 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Like others have suggested, I would strongly recommend you to visit your local hobby shop.

You really need to know what you are going to do with the car first. Bashing and racing don't mix. the car you go bashing with shouldn't be the car you race with.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gom
Like others have suggested, I would strongly recommend you to visit your local hobby shop.

You really need to know what you are going to do with the car first. Bashing and racing don't mix. the car you go bashing with shouldn't be the car you race with.
Ehhh TC4 club racer and VTA will mix as basher/racer. But yeah for the most part Bashing and Racing don't mix.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is your budget? Do you like working on your own stuff? Do you mind putting a kit together, or do you want an RTR car?

The Ken Block 1/16 scale would be a basher, as most tracks (that I know) race 1/16 scale. So, if you're on a budget and want a 1/16 basher, maybe look at what Hobby King has to offer. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Edition.html

Else, look at the Associated TC4 Club Racer as mentioned above. This car is shaft driven and can typically hold up better than the belt driven cars when runing around on an imperfect street with sand, pebbles, etc... The car is also still competitive in VTA and higher turn stock class races.

Another option would be the Sakura Zero S.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

You really need to know what you are going to do with the car first.