Wiki Posts
Search

Nosram pure 13.5T

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nosram pure 13.5T

Hi,

That's my first post and I have very small experience on RC cars.

I bought a used xray T3 and it came with a nosram pearl racing ESC and an old 10.5T nosram motor. After driving a few times I replaced the old motor with a new nosram pure 13.5T. After 4 minutes of driving the car, the new motor died... The gearing is exactly the same as I had with the previous motor, the same battery and I haven't changed the ESC settings.
After coming back home I realised there is an extra rotor supplied with the motor because some rotors had quality issues leading to quick discharging.

Is that a common issue with nosram motors? Is the motor going to be OK if I replace the rotor??
Old 09-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mike_GR
Hi,

That's my first post and I have very small experience on RC cars.

I bought a used xray T3 and it came with a nosram pearl racing ESC and an old 10.5T nosram motor. After driving a few times I replaced the old motor with a new nosram pure 13.5T. After 4 minutes of driving the car, the new motor died... The gearing is exactly the same as I had with the previous motor, the same battery and I haven't changed the ESC settings.
After coming back home I realised there is an extra rotor supplied with the motor because some rotors had quality issues leading to quick discharging.

Is that a common issue with nosram motors? Is the motor going to be OK if I replace the rotor??
Mine also came with a replacement rotor and a note to change it immediately
Old 09-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Rookie

To be honest, I saw there was a spare rotor in the box. But didn't read the note...

Now, I took the old rotor out BUT when I try to fit the new one I can't close the can of the motor! I am not sure whether the end of the rotor is in the bearing or not. Any tips on that??
Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mike_GR
To be honest, I saw there was a spare rotor in the box. But didn't read the note...

Now, I took the old rotor out BUT when I try to fit the new one I can't close the can of the motor! I am not sure whether the end of the rotor is in the bearing or not. Any tips on that??
Hmm, if you opened your motor for the first time (which includes removing the roto) you probably found out that putting it back is a pain in the a**, which I'm afraid there is no helping There are some little tips and tricks, but it's a generally complicated procedure, you have to find out the best way yourself
Old 09-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Maybe the new rotor needs different shimming tolerances... Try to mount it without shims first.....
Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Rookie

The problem was that I was trying to fit the rotor without removing the sensor first.
After removing the sensor it was much easier to fit the rotor in the bearing.

It looks like the motor works again with the new rotor. But I have to try it at our local track. Hopefully I haven't damaged it when running it with the old rotor.

Do be honest I am quite dissapointed that the new motor was delivered with a faulty rotor. If NOSRAM knew that there was a batch of faulty rotors, they should have replaced them themselves...