Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default g4 steering servo

hey guys, i'm new to the forum. i have a g4 and i am in need of some help. tried a jr servo for steering, no way it was fitting. saw a post on here from rcnutz about using a futaba s9550. just got it today and on the back of the box it says "ni-cd use only" i was going to use the trinity rc5308 receiver pack. my question is will it work? from what i've read on this forum you guys seem to really like these cars. i also have a team magic spring kit, any ideas on a set-up? thanks for any kind of help.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Hi owens,

Welcome to the club,

I also haven't had my car that long, however I have used the 9550 on my RR evo and have had no problems running with a 800 mah NimH pack. Its a great little servo, its just the right size cos I can fit a fail safe behind it.

Setup wise:

My track is small and tight, and I run the following:

Stock springs

Front:
Camber: +2
Toe-Out: + 1
Ride Height: 5
Diff - 100,000 Oil

Rear
Camber: +2
Toe-in: +1
Right Height: 6
Diff - 30,000 Oil

Hope that helps
Old 06-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Servo Saver UGH!!!!

After a long trial and tribulation why my clutch was not working properly(loose nut behind the wheel), my servo saver cracks. Why did TM make a K factory aluminum servo saver, if they only wanted to go half way. They should have made both peices in aluminum. Now I have to get the plastic upper piece. Where is the updated steering when you need it?
I can not give a update on how the car works because I only burned half a tank of gas, and was at the track for 5 hrs. What a waste. Sorry to sound so negative, I am just a little discouraged, but I will fix it, stronger and better... Till next time.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Servo Saver UGH!!!!

Originally posted by Vr6vroom
After a long trial and tribulation why my clutch was not working properly(loose nut behind the wheel), my servo saver cracks. Why did TM make a K factory aluminum servo saver, if they only wanted to go half way. They should have made both peices in aluminum. Now I have to get the plastic upper piece. Where is the updated steering when you need it?
I can not give a update on how the car works because I only burned half a tank of gas, and was at the track for 5 hrs. What a waste. Sorry to sound so negative, I am just a little discouraged, but I will fix it, stronger and better... Till next time.
sad to hear...must hve gotten a bad crash...well it's better to hve the saver to crack than hving a damaged servo....
Old 06-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it's a pain in the ass..when such things happen ...well take it in stride.....at least like what i did always..its hard to sit at the track side repairing our cars when the rest of the guys are on track racing ard...give them a chance to perform!.....
Old 06-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Default Servo Saver UGH!!!!

There was no crash leading up to this incident. But what can I say.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

owens, whats up, and i hope you enjoy our "discussion"

vr6vroom, sorry to hear that

rc_alan, do you have any more updates on the fix from TM ???

Later, & go pistons
Old 06-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

bballer... I contacted Nick ko from TM on Monday about the steering system update... He reply that they are still working on it, but are very close to having something ready in the near future... I would like to see them get it right then to rush something that's not ready... Haven't sold my G4 yet, just waiting to see what comes down from TM..

RC_Alan
Old 06-04-2004, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

Default steering update

I also contacted Nick from TM laste night, and he sadi they are very close to a completed update. We just have to wait and see. I would like to make a temp fix though, because parts supply may not be that strong when they are first released.???
Old 06-04-2004, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Vr6vroom - I got a couple extra servo savers thinking I might need them, but have never had a problem with the steering. So if you want them, drop me an email... Just wondering, but how did you break that without hitting anything?

On another note, I just wanna say how dialed the G4 is. It looks pimp, is very easy to drive fast, and I have never broken one part on it.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

All I can say is that when the steering update is available, Nick needs to make them readily available to the people in here, and elsewhere, who have speerheaded the entire campaign to get the steering improved.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Amen
Old 06-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Default Confusion

Originally posted by pimpedaccord
Vr6vroom - I got a couple extra servo savers thinking I might need them, but have never had a problem with the steering. So if you want them, drop me an email... Just wondering, but how did you break that without hitting anything?

On another note, I just wanna say how dialed the G4 is. It looks pimp, is very easy to drive fast, and I have never broken one part on it.
Well running half a tank, without hitting anything during practice and loosing steering would be the most accurate way to describe the scenario I had experienced last night. Thanks for the offer of parts, but I already have the replacement and a second off to the machinist. I am glad your car is hooked. One of the coolest other than K factory parts, are the alloy hub set from GPM. I think they are a must.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default g4 wiring

bballer and ttektek thanks for the welcome. anybody have any pics they can post of there cars? looking for some wiring solutions, i would like the car to look as neat as possiable.
this is the equipment i have:
g4 pro
rossi black pixi
team magic pipe
jr r200 receiver
jr power switch w/charge lead
jr throttle servo
futaba s9550 steering servo
rc5308 recevier pack
ofna fail safe
Old 06-05-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default G4 wiring

have a look here

Click here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.