Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Tech Regular

I can't beleive I will be out of the Nitro Buggy for long. I picked up Jon's fusion, which was a gas car that got converted.........not much to get it back to nitro. The brushless system would work well in their new E-truggy. But I slipped the wife some of the good stuff..........and there is a new Baja 5T in my NEAR future.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Congrats Iggy !!!

Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bando711
FOR SALE BRUSHLESS REVO
Less than a year old with only 1-2 hour run time on it. List of upgrades and mods: Originally an E-revo RTR, upgraded to a brushless lipo system. Has a EZrun 80 amp system installed, runs great and has plenty of power, I have not experienced any overheating of motor or ESC. Fans installed on both Motor and ESC, both bolt right in to the stock mounting holes. Clean install.
Will include two 30c 5800mah Lipos, not sure of the brand but are lower priced items from China, I have ran them 2-3 times with no issues.
Just installed full set of RPM A-arms with the Rear True track Conversion. Center diff installed, 500k fluid, reverse still works. Front and rear sway bars installed, single steering servo mod done with a few tweaks on the steering. You won’t find a monster truck that turns better than this. Aluminum bottom skid plates front and rear, plus the originals plastic one, with spares.
Have all the original motors and ESC along with mounting plate and cover, all like new with only two runs on them. 23mm conversion on the tires, comes with two sets of 23mm (40 series)tires plus the originals. Two bodies, one brand new one with my green /black ProGraphics paint scheme.
Spare parts, hear is the BONUS, I have a complete Nitro Revo that comes in the deal. Everything you need to put it on the track is there, including a 2.5 motor or the big block conversion that will allow a .21 install. This truck is used and at times abused, but all front and rear assemblies , and diffs will bolt right onto the E-revo, bottom line the E-Revo comes with a full set of spares. Many spare parts!!
Bump box starter for the Nitro truck, many spur gears and a few different pinions,
Only thing E-Revo needs to be race ready is a receiver.
I have over $700 just in the E-revo not counting the spares or the Nirto truck……
First $650 takes it all
Old 12-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ken, you have no idea how much I want that truck!
Old 12-10-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

You have no idea how much other stuff comes with it. Talk to me I am very easy to work with.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can't beleive I will be out of the Nitro Buggy for long. I picked up Jon's fusion, which was a gas car that got converted.........not much to get it back to nitro. The brushless system would work well in their new E-truggy. But I slipped the wife some of the good stuff..........and there is a new Baja 5T in my NEAR future.
Ken you're kinda missing an important part if you wanna go nitro...the chassis plate....that is the electric chassis plate and there aren't any holes for an engine and the diff and braces are in a different spot, so going back to nitro on that is gonna be hard. I do have the CF servo rack, but not the chassis plate.

you getting a new 5T? check DDM they have 15% off
Old 12-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

I was really just typing out loud...........I have no intent to do anything with the EX-1 except run it as is. Hope to have the MMM by the week end and running the following week. Found a $50 off coupon for Amain and they had it marked down $100.............. on order!!

Did anyone find more tent stakes? Can we get by with something smaller with the small tube? I will stop by the MakeMan store.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey guys. Pulled this out of the ROAR rules book.

The timing loop/bridge (finish line) should be located where reliable hits will be obtained, and where it is unlikely that a vehicle can miss being counted. For fuel main events the loop should be located within a quarter lap prior to the entrance of the refueling pits.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Addict

Arrgh!!! You guys are killing me!

I may just have to pull the trigger on the Vorza after all

If I do, I'll probably go with these Lipo's:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s..._Car_Lipo_Pack

I've heard great things about this brand, and the bang for the buck actually makes powering a 1/8 Scale brushless buggy somewhat affordable.

While we're talking 'bout selling stuff, did you still want my LRP QC3 Ken? It's out of the car now (I'm installing the Yokomo 10.5 brushless - what a wiring nightmare).

- Paulie
Old 12-10-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Paulie, I still want the ESC. Will you be at Courtney sunday? or Yomatan
Old 12-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Paulie, I will vouch for the Turnigy brand batteries. i have purched more than enough of these and have not had any problems with them. Never smoked one or had one balance poorly. I have had their 5s1p, 4s1p, 3s1p, and 2s1p and never had a problem with them....ever. And you cant beat hobbycity's prices. Sometimes their stock it out of stock for a long time which can get frustrating.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here comes our water!
Attached Thumbnails Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan-pref_50_small.jpg  
Old 12-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

.......... on every track a little rain must fall
Old 12-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

So I can start building my stock of tires before I get there, what tires do you guys feel are going to hook up the best there? What it the surface made out of and do you feel that when race day it will start to build a blue groove or will it stay dry and loose?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Paulie, I still want the ESC. Will you be at Courtney sunday? or Yomatan
Most likely Yomitan, if I could ever get my Tekin RS wired up in the EVO 5 MS (ya'll know I'm a neat freak, and all these wires with this sensored brushless set up is killing me!).

It's the first race under the new Fiscal 2010 rules, but it's not a points race - a great opportunity to see where the new set up stands. That, and I won't be able to make it to the actual first points race in January, as I'll be in Hawaii getting eye surgery

Originally Posted by wolfeml
Paulie, I will vouch for the Turnigy brand batteries. i have purched more than enough of these and have not had any problems with them. Never smoked one or had one balance poorly. I have had their 5s1p, 4s1p, 3s1p, and 2s1p and never had a problem with them....ever. And you cant beat hobbycity's prices. Sometimes their stock it out of stock for a long time which can get frustrating.
Sweet! I'll keep that in mind for my 1/8th scale electric assualt

Originally Posted by wolfeml
So I can start building my stock of tires before I get there, what tires do you guys feel are going to hook up the best there? What it the surface made out of and do you feel that when race day it will start to build a blue groove or will it stay dry and loose?
For me it's hard to say. The track seems to have a high clay content and packs pretty good, but it's very dusty/loose to drive on at the moment. Who knows what'll happen, especially after we start driving on it and it gets some weather (read: rain).

Just for that purpose, I have a bunch of different AKA pre-mounts in Med and Soft compounds to test with. As the track stands right now though, I think AKA I-Beams in Soft may do well, as one member already eluded too...

- Paulie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.