Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i don't mean to be mister pragmatic, but i don't see this car going beyond a "wow that looks cute" type factor. it'll go downt he same road as the xray 18th scales, losi mini t's and kyosho mini buggies. looks like a waste of time, honestly

not to mention all those cables going through and inbetween the side belt geting cut up the first time you run the bloody thing!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
i don't mean to be mister pragmatic, but i don't see this car going beyond a "wow that looks cute" type factor. it'll go downt he same road as the xray 18th scales, losi mini t's and kyosho mini buggies. looks like a waste of time, honestly

not to mention all those cables going through and inbetween the side belt geting cut up the first time you run the bloody thing!
The Mini-T and Mini8s are a success.

This Spada 09, or whatever, looks to be an cheaper alternative to 1/8. At least looks wise. That and the fact suspension maintenance/setup looks like it will be simple. Anything with less set-up and more running wins my heart.

What's another class anyway? More choice.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by performula
There seems to be two versions, one with blue aluminum bits and the other black plastic (maybe just first prototype).
Not only that...it looks like it has a two piece chassis. The one on Kyoshos web site has a one piece alum. This one has an alum rear pod. Kyosho usually does offer a boat load of hop-ups.

Not sure if it has any front suspension either, (it could have longer king pins) but it looks like 0T-16's in the front (or the latest version from the KX-1)
Old 05-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
1. Would you rather clean the oil off that chassis and rear tire?
2. Electric guys pass wires through belts. You will be ok if you do it correctly. This is a hobby put your receiver where ever you choose...LOL
3. This is a hobby, do what you wish with how you would want to mount your antenna. If you use a spectrum you will not need much of an antenna tube.
1.I actually meant a side exhaust engine. The manifold pipe would still be able to go out the back that way. Just wondering about it, not a deal breaker for me.
2. you're right, silly me
3. Actually, i'm talking about the antenna's for 1/12th in electric serve the purpose of righting itself if it happens to get turned over. Turn marshalls will love em. Thats fine, I'll just mount my own. Its a hobby of course!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tomkelley
1.I actually meant a side exhaust engine. The manifold pipe would still be able to go out the back that way. Just wondering about it, not a deal breaker for me.
2. you're right, silly me
3. Actually, i'm talking about the antenna's for 1/12th in electric serve the purpose of righting itself if it happens to get turned over. Turn marshalls will love em. Thats fine, I'll just mount my own. Its a hobby of course!
1. oops, my bad....LOL Not really sure on that one.
3. True I thought about that after I posted.....

I hope I did not come off to harsh....LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This body should be a direct fit to the EP fantom. My understanding is that this body is a third version.
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be TWO in my shopping basket. One to run and one to part out for my EP Fantom. I might even be able to convert the EP from chain drive to belt drive. That is unless Kyosho plans on releasing an EP version.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RayJ
I remember 15 years ago when 10th scale pan car was about the only thing that was run in the electric RC world. Instead of building a 12thscale four wheel drive why not just build a tenth scale pan car two-wheel drive. My fingers and eyes already have enough trouble seeing what I'm doing with 10th scales four wheel drive. People may complain at first about handling but heck the playing field would be evened, and I'm sure they would handle once time is spent with them. In our hobby, with the price of parts and motors wouldn't it make more sense to make these cars easier to work on and have fewer parts? Many of the newbies are finding it harder to be competitive with the rocket ship four wheel drives we have now. I don't know..... but all I can see at the local level is attendance dropping because of the cost involved to be competitive. I find it sad that our fun hobby is losing ground, and that more people can't afford where the price of racing has gone. Slower cornering speeds, fewer parts and simpler suspensions would go a long way for getting more newbies involved. Just some thoughts.....but that car does look pretty cool.
- I agree, i just got started in 1/8th and when you tell people who stop at the track (it happened today)how much it costs, they are like . I think a good class would be 1/8th size pan-car 2wd with an O.S. .18TZ. A car like this could be made fairly cheap (as compared to 1/8th 4WD) and wouldn't be way overpowered. O.S. .18's can be had for 124.00 or so and big 1/8th tires would last fairly long with less power. We need more inexpensive classes to get people involved. Maybe this 1/12th nitro burner could be the answer.......I want one..
Old 05-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be TWO in my shopping basket. One to run and one to part out for my EP Fantom. I might even be able to convert the EP from chain drive to belt drive. That is unless Kyosho plans on releasing an EP version.
You don't get one untill you purcahse a RB-5.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

You don't get one untill you purcahse a RB-5.
So is this your "marketing plan" for the RB-5?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
So is this your "marketing plan" for the RB-5?
no no...ROFL......I have not seen you pick up one yet...You should bug Jeff at Hobby Warehouse 562-531-1413, to get one...... in the past you would bust my chops for not having something cool like this
Old 05-19-2007, 12:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by performula
The Mini-T and Mini8s are a success.

This Spada 09, or whatever, looks to be an cheaper alternative to 1/8. At least looks wise. That and the fact suspension maintenance/setup looks like it will be simple. Anything with less set-up and more running wins my heart.

What's another class anyway? More choice.
yeah you are right! i looked at the spada purely on a racers perspective. i have no interest for these sort of cars, yet i didn't think about the bashers market. hmm so yeah, maybe kyosho has a money spinner.

personally though, i still think, for me, a racer who enjoys the serious club racing, it's a waste of time
Old 05-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TomB
yeah you are right! i looked at the spada purely on a racers perspective. i have no interest for these sort of cars, yet i didn't think about the bashers market. hmm so yeah, maybe kyosho has a money spinner.

personally though, i still think, for me, a racer who enjoys the serious club racing, it's a waste of time
Everyone make sure TomB never owns a pan car. Help TomB from looking like a hypocrite

Just imagine a bunch of these running at the winter nats....lol
Old 05-19-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default 1/12 Kyosho

Kyosho is on the right track.

This new car had great possibilities. With so many smaller tracks that can’t accommodate 1/8 scale cars, it can be a fun class that can help grow the sport of RC racing on a grass roots level.

Nothing is as impressive to spectators as nitro power, nothing.

Hats off to Kyosho for thinking outside the box and getting it into production.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Everyone make sure TomB never owns a pan car. Help TomB from looking like a hypocrite

Just imagine a bunch of these running at the winter nats....lol
lol, i can just see myself eating my words if this bloddy little thing becomes popular here in australia!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Suspended

i want one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.