Old 03-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

..cars will be ready in May 2014
Old 03-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evo 13
So I wonder what's the release date.
Let's start a sweepstakes!! I think June. Just before the pre-worlds in July. Judging by other Serpent sneak peaks released for other cars it's usually about 3 months....
Old 03-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Let's start a sweepstakes!! I think June. Just before the pre-worlds in July. Judging by other Serpent sneak peaks released for other cars it's usually about 3 months....
I was told by Serpent about the release date ..so MAY is correct
Old 03-13-2014, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My new to me, 747 should be here this weekend. Im going to order some stuff for it. Will the src clutch springs be ok? I saw in the thread that ppl change some clutch parts with certain springs. Also body, my usual go to is the spark and srs, spark being my first choice with the tracks I race at. Whats a better clutch shoe? Red or yellow? Xray the red was my favorite, but yellow worked on mostly every track and easier to get the sweetspot but red had power. Is it the same for serpent?
Also, theres alot of setups on the serpent site, which one is a good starting point? Im getting the car already built but will be stripping it down and rebuilding it asap
Old 03-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JOE SI
My new to me, 747 should be here this weekend. Im going to order some stuff for it. Will the src clutch springs be ok? I saw in the thread that ppl change some clutch parts with certain springs. Also body, my usual go to is the spark and srs, spark being my first choice with the tracks I race at. Whats a better clutch shoe? Red or yellow? Xray the red was my favorite, but yellow worked on mostly every track and easier to get the sweetspot but red had power. Is it the same for serpent?
Also, theres alot of setups on the serpent site, which one is a good starting point? Im getting the car already built but will be stripping it down and rebuilding it asap
The SRS body is good on the 747 I use one and its quite balanced. I haven't used the spark for a while but remember its pretty good too. Either one will be fine.

We were having a debate on clutch setups for the 747 only a page or so earlier in the thread. Go check it out but basically I alternate between the yellow and red shoes depending on the level of grip available. The yellow seems a more all round shoe and the red for really high bite tracks. I'd go with the yellow while you get used to the car and try a red later on.

Personally I have played around a lot with setup and always end up back near to the kit standard setup to be honest. Its a good all round starting point to work on. Usually I just adjust shock/spring package and rear roll centre to suit the conditions on the day.

It's a shame you missed out on the new car I've just put up for sale on here as it's all setup and ready to go. It was my spare car and never seen a track yet! Oh well, good luck with your new purchase and I'm sure you'll love the car especially coming from that Xray!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NikoRacing
I was told by Serpent about the release date ..so MAY is correct
Ha ok! Lets see but I bet a May release as you say but by the time it gets out to the shops and in my hands it'll be June
Old 03-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan_vector
The SRS body is good on the 747 I use one and its quite balanced. I haven't used the spark for a while but remember its pretty good too. Either one will be fine.

We were having a debate on clutch setups for the 747 only a page or so earlier in the thread. Go check it out but basically I alternate between the yellow and red shoes depending on the level of grip available. The yellow seems a more all round shoe and the red for really high bite tracks. I'd go with the yellow while you get used to the car and try a red later on.

Personally I have played around a lot with setup and always end up back near to the kit standard setup to be honest. Its a good all round starting point to work on. Usually I just adjust shock/spring package and rear roll centre to suit the conditions on the day.

It's a shame you missed out on the new car I've just put up for sale on here as it's all setup and ready to go. It was my spare car and never seen a track yet! Oh well, good luck with your new purchase and I'm sure you'll love the car especially coming from that Xray!
Lol I saw yours on the f/s threads. I got a good one for about the same price just very slightly used. Thanks for the quuck replies.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What are some of the different clutch setups you guys are running?

Spring?
Spring compression?
Shoe?
Shoe lightened any? Or set screws added?
Gap?
Old 03-18-2014, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra

Spring?
Spring compression?
Shoe?
Gap?
I recently bought a used 747. A few pages back they talk about clutch. I use src springs and tried to put it in the 747 clutch, but it doesn't fit over the flywheel nut. I have a handfull of them and dont want to toss them. I did see some setup sheets on the serpent site, that say, clutch spring (brand X) drilled out.
going to try one to see if it works. Really dont want to have to fling 100 or so worth of brand new gear
Old 03-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Gettin' my rockin' 747 cleaned up for season - pumped!
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012-7471.jpg   Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012-74712.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra

Spring?
Spring compression?
Shoe?
Gap?
Spring: Standard 1.8 Hard spring
Spring tension: default, 1.5 turn from full sit. The 1.8 hard spring is so fragile, check always.
Shoe: Yellow or Black
Gap: 0.6 for both steel and aluminum bell
Old 04-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JOE SI
I recently bought a used 747. A few pages back they talk about clutch. I use src springs and tried to put it in the 747 clutch, but it doesn't fit over the flywheel nut. I have a handfull of them and dont want to toss them. I did see some setup sheets on the serpent site, that say, clutch spring (brand X) drilled out.
going to try one to see if it works. Really dont want to have to fling 100 or so worth of brand new gear
The Serpent nut is little bit fat and much lower thread than other nuts, it doesn't fit Xray and Mugen spring for sure.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump
With Matrix front tires I use +1 hexes.

Pass you soon ...
I must have overlooked this little problem when I read through the whole 747 thread a while ago. Wanted to set steering trim and when I tightened up the front wheels, instant binding.. I just ordered a bunch of new Matrix tires. They are carbon wheels. Is the hex the same depth as the whites? When I put the +1 offsets on, do I readjust track width? Are we any closer to racing outside?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Nick I would cut the spokes from the inside or just use the +1 hexes. Yes using the +1 hex will widen your track width
Old 04-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
I must have overlooked this little problem when I read through the whole 747 thread a while ago. Wanted to set steering trim and when I tightened up the front wheels, instant binding.. I just ordered a bunch of new Matrix tires. They are carbon wheels. Is the hex the same depth as the whites? When I put the +1 offsets on, do I readjust track width? Are we any closer to racing outside?
If you switch tire mfg, always recheck width. Different offsets of the rims change the track width. If possible use different hexes to reset the width. That way you will cancel the differenc in wheel offset.

So ie. if you set the rear track using an enneti or xceed wheel and then change to hotrace rear wheel you should change the 5mmm hex to a 4mm one. That way track width stays the same and also the effective offset. If you would use the same hex and reset trackwidth with the pillow balls and upper link length you will change the car geometry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.