Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Difference between Standard Mazdazpeed6 and the lightweight Mazdaspeed6? >

Difference between Standard Mazdazpeed6 and the lightweight Mazdaspeed6?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Difference between Standard Mazdazpeed6 and the lightweight Mazdaspeed6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
So you recommend hobo urine... just for some laughs.. I recommend superglue just for some laughs.. but somehow, these two guys can't get over the superglue joke. Its amazing really
It was a series of those posts for me. No big deal. I just found the irony that you got upset about the other guys post. Im not upset about any post. You were the one that got upset. Not me.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
Parma offered some ultra lightweight bodies, they where something like 0.015 inches... Thinner than an average peice of cardstock.
Now that's insane and IMO not practicle! All I see is a cool body flapping everywhere!

I have a reguler mazda6 body and I do see some panal flaping and the rear end waving somewhat. Can't imagin how the .015- bodys do.

Are they allowed in races still? I've heard people got to the point the body didn't hold shape at all....does anyone know about that story?
Old 04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by or8ital
It was a series of those posts for me. No big deal. I just found the irony that you got upset about the other guys post. Im not upset about any post. You were the one that got upset. Not me.
I returned the joke on my thread. But didn't see you as a clown. That was the first time I've seen you joking. Most the time your aswering someone question or at best trying to answer.

But I got ticked off in that thread because my thread got bit by the troll bug. Lmao
Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Was that response intended for me? Im cool with everyone and Im all for joking. Like I said, I just found it ironic that Cpt America got upset about a "non-helpful" response when he has done similarly. Like when you asked a question and rather then trying to help he tried to get your thread moved to a forum that rarely gets traffic.

Grouphug?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by or8ital
Was that response intended for me? Im cool with everyone and Im all for joking. Like I said, I just found it ironic that Cpt America got upset about a "non-helpful" response when he has done similarly. Like when you asked a question and rather then trying to help he tried to get your thread moved to a forum that rarely gets traffic.

Grouphug?
My bad, not sure who it was but i responded to the pig-vomit & hobo comment.

seeing a joke once in a while is cool. OR mixing a joke with a helpful comment is even better lol

i just got into practicing on track and I'm a wreck! ill stick to reguler racing bodys
Old 04-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyway....

Getting back on track, LW bodies make the car feel "lighter" on its feet. The car transitions quicker and generally feels more aggressive. I feel they give a little more overall steering. Some of that is because the body produces slightly less downforce because of a more flexible wing, and the body itself deforms slightly at high speeds.

Durability... I have mixed opinions. The super lightweight bodies did shread apart pretty quick if you have painted it all cool. The cut marks from cutting out a design basically weakens the body. If there aren't too many cut marks, the body is fairly strong. I feel they crack less because they just flex around. I'm sure some will disagree with me though.

Hope that helps!!!

-Korey
Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Regional Moderator

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought that the GBS approved bodies had to be at least 0.030 inches thick. Parma doesn't make a Mohawk2 (GBS approved) in anything except .030. Are the Protoform Mazdaspeed bodies GBS approved?

The thinner bodies definitely "tuck" easier than the .030 ones.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

since the wing is thin aswell i wonder if it will be better to use a reguler thicker wing on the lightweight body
Old 04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

And then there's the bodies where only the team drivers can get the LW version...
Old 04-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought that the GBS approved bodies had to be at least 0.030 inches thick. Parma doesn't make a Mohawk2 (GBS approved) in anything except .030. Are the Protoform Mazdaspeed bodies GBS approved?

The thinner bodies definitely "tuck" easier than the .030 ones.
I just painted up a R9-R LW body and it is marked with the GBS stamp,so they must be approved.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Tread1
I just painted up a R9-R LW body and it is marked with the GBS stamp,so they must be approved.
More likely the mold (body dimension) is GBS approved. Damn, now you're making me look up the specs.

ROAR's rules for WGT state that the body shell thickness must be .030. Still looking for the GBS rules.

Last edited by CarbonJoe; 04-03-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The lightweights were legal at the ROAR carpet Nats
Old 04-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Don't be a clown, I was asking if there were any practical differences between the bodies with where I was running (med traction, outdoor asphault, rubber). I got plenty of great responses here and I am all set. Please don't bother to reply to any of my posts LATC3... You are never any help.
and that's why he's on my ignore list.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LATC3
since the wing is thin aswell i wonder if it will be better to use a reguler thicker wing on the lightweight body
Speaking of the wings on the mazdaspeed 6 has anybody experienced cutting out the oblonged holes they have lined out on the wing itself?Or is it best to leave that alone?
Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
and that's why he's on my ignore list.
aahh.. i forgot those even exist. Thanks for the tip! added as well.