Wiki Posts
Search

ISON .12

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default ISON .12

Fellas quick question........anyone have any experience with this motor? ISON .12 Not based on price, It's low only like 189.00. But a few of my buddies tried the cheap TOP .12 with great results! Engine is a screamer! So wondering if this may be worth a look at.

Let me know. Thanks
Old 12-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been wondering the same thing.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ison .12

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Fellas quick question........anyone have any experience with this motor? ISON .12 Not based on price, It's low only like 189.00. But a few of my buddies tried the cheap TOP .12 with great results! Engine is a screamer! So wondering if this may be worth a look at.

Let me know. Thanks
Hey there, we have run onein my sons car for the entire season with not so much as a flameout or burnt plug. The p/s are the same part number as alo of the really fast nova stuff. All I can say is we liked so much we bought another.☺☺
Old 12-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1fastmxcn
Hey there, we have run onein my sons car for the entire season with not so much as a flameout or burnt plug. The p/s are the same part number as alo of the really fast nova stuff. All I can say is we liked so much we bought another.☺☺
Thanks ..........
Old 12-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The ISON's are great for the price. It's mostly the same as a keep on except for the crankshaft and so the engine is not as powerful as a keep on or virtus in standard trim. However if you get a Murnan modified ISON for example it'll not be far away from the top of the range nova's.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dan_vector
The ISON's are great for the price. It's mostly the same as a keep on except for the crankshaft and so the engine is not as powerful as a keep on or virtus in standard trim. However if you get a Murnan modified ISON for example it'll not be far away from the top of the range nova's.
Good info thanks!
Old 12-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I wish they didnt kill the 353 deals on amain. best engine I've had.

The ison carb looks different from a keep on too. I'd imagine there's a lot of difference there.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

I checked manuals from other top line nova motors and none has the same code in p/s set.
how can you say something like that?
Old 12-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
I checked manuals from other top line nova motors and none has the same code in p/s set.
how can you say something like that?
Quite easily because a lot of the components physically fit. The ISON components are not tuned or matched like the keep on parts are to keep the price of the ISON lower (the parts are the same design apart from the crankshaft). The virtus is a completely different engine of course which I didnt mention.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:32 AM
Tech Lord

Visual the same does not mean they are the same. Novarossi is known to use more piston materials relating the price/performance of the product and most important the timings.

And otherwise yes, different partnumbers does not say products are different. Manufacturers are known to sell same products with a different "spec". Good examples are to find with laptops, mobile phones and photo camera's were several model do share the same internals with only a different firmware.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Quite easily because a lot of the components physically fit. The ISON components are not tuned or matched like the keep on parts are to keep the price of the ISON lower (the parts are the same design apart from the crankshaft). The virtus is a completely different engine of course which I didnt mention.
Ison is 11.5 platform, keep on, pt, plus 12-3, etc are 11.9mm.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I don't know about all the whistles and bells of engines but I do know enough to say keep-on and ISON don't share many parts together and I don't think the sleeve from ISON will fit to Keep on although they may look similar. Length is different and inner carvings on crankcase is different. Once I also hoped that I could interchange some parts between engines but it seems that it's rarely possible since they produce engines differently every time though subtle. I haven't dared to try to share parts between two different engines yet, unless the manuals say same part number, so correct me if I'm wrong.