The future of RC? - New Radio Technology

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The future of RC? - New Radio Technology

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

The M8 units are available now. Still waiting for the Helios though.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

thank you forty6 you just saved me a crap load of time digging through manuals that part list is just what i needed.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yep. Shipping backordered M8 units from Horizon this week...
Old 02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by teammediocre
thank you forty6 you just saved me a crap load of time digging through manuals that part list is just what i needed.
haha, you're welcome.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:47 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

they are out in a few hobby shops and i talked to a few Normal racers who ran them at so cal with no problems and everything felt normal and perfect =)

of course they have only been out like 2 days, I know Ultimate hobbies and so cal raceway has them in stock, and i'm sure most shops who ordered them would have them by now, like speedtech and others.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Serious Question...

Originally posted by Soviet
Will the Spektrum module for the Helios work with the standard Orange Mars???

I saw someone earlier in the thread say that the Helios module will work with the Mars models. I really hope so as I don't want to buy a new radio. I love my Mars.

Someone please tell me if this is true!

Thanks,

Soviet
It says in the FAQ on their site that it will work with the Mars.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default I am still not sure

I was at the race at CRCR this weekend and dont recal anyone running them. I have seen drake run it twice before but I dont think he had it in his car this past weekend. I could be wrong though. I am hearing that the units are not 100% just yet from guys on the streets. Horizon says all the issues have been resolved. There quote about cleaveland was that the problem was user error. If my car takes off and goes through a board at 50 will that be user error. I was gonna grab one today but it looks like I will wait for more feedback.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: I am still not sure

Originally posted by TonyWest
I was at the race at CRCR this weekend and dont recal anyone running them. I have seen drake run it twice before but I dont think he had it in his car this past weekend. I could be wrong though. I am hearing that the units are not 100% just yet from guys on the streets. Horizon says all the issues have been resolved. There quote about cleaveland was that the problem was user error. If my car takes off and goes through a board at 50 will that be user error. I was gonna grab one today but it looks like I will wait for more feedback.
the units that are shipping have been updated both in components and software. i had the use of one at cleveland and no one using them or from horizon mentioned or suggested user error. if i were more technical i'd explain better - but there was an intermittent problem with error correction/checking that was found while practicing at halo hobbies track in toledo. the engineers and tech folks spoke to drivers using them - and there were updated units at cleveland but with holiday they did not arrive before qualifying had begun. at that point they were not used as not one wanted to potential risk a qualifying run for testing. most of the racers who used them or had them could not have gotten an updated production unit until the last week. there has been extensive testing even after the cleveland problem was solved and there are no known problems outstanding.
it is a great developement for rc in general. cars without antenna's look better racing, transmitter batteries will last longer, and a side benefit no more frequency clips
Old 02-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: I am still not sure

Originally posted by rocketron
the units that are shipping have been updated both in components and software. i had the use of one at cleveland and no one using them or from horizon mentioned or suggested user error. if i were more technical i'd explain better - but there was an intermittent problem with error correction/checking that was found while practicing at halo hobbies track in toledo. the engineers and tech folks spoke to drivers using them - and there were updated units at cleveland but with holiday they did not arrive before qualifying had begun. at that point they were not used as not one wanted to potential risk a qualifying run for testing. most of the racers who used them or had them could not have gotten an updated production unit until the last week. there has been extensive testing even after the cleveland problem was solved and there are no known problems outstanding.
it is a great developement for rc in general. cars without antenna's look better racing, transmitter batteries will last longer, and a side benefit no more frequency clips
time to check out ultimate hobbies tomorrow. maybe they have the helios one? thanks for the input ron.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: I am still not sure

Originally posted by TonyWest
a good freind of mine has one and let me tell ya. This is the best piece of equipment for the R/C industry that has come out in a long time. The unit works awsome. NO more X=tails, NO more waiting for a clip to run. No more glitching I will have mine real soon
Old 02-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well-one guy at our track has already put in his pre-order and I am for sure going to get one too. Wont be long now!!!

One quick question-soes the receiver have a stubby antenna or no antenna? Just curious!!

Ray
Old 02-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Stubby, you don't need the antenna that is on it now, unless you want to.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It has a full length antenna with it as far as I know but they say you can trim it down to 3" long without it hurting performance.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang

One quick question-soes the receiver have a stubby antenna or no antenna? Just curious!!

Ray
hey ray you getting antenna envy all ready
Old 02-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by howard hudson
hey ray you getting antenna envy all ready
Sure am!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.