Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyler hays
i stripped a screw in the rear diff cover. i could have gotten it out, but i was worried i didnt have a replacement so i left the grease in and ran 3-3-grease.

almost stripped some of the other screws in the front and center but was able to remove them. anyone else have this trouble? they were super tight.

can anyone tell me the size of the screw so i can pick some up? i see you have to buy the whole diff case and its on back order anyway.

thanks.

p.s.
my first ever paint jobs and a tribute to my alma mater
Ya i did the same, but on the front. so im running grease,5,3 lol. But my other one i was all good.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skyler hays
i stripped a screw in the rear diff cover. i could have gotten it out, but i was worried i didnt have a replacement so i left the grease in and ran 3-3-grease.

almost stripped some of the other screws in the front and center but was able to remove them. anyone else have this trouble? they were super tight.

can anyone tell me the size of the screw so i can pick some up? i see you have to buy the whole diff case and its on back order anyway.

thanks.

p.s.
my first ever paint jobs and a tribute to my alma mater
The front, center and rear diffs have part # B3542 for the screws. Do a search on any website that carries losi parts, I'm sure that will list the screw dimensions.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Oooooh, new shell's done....

Get to race it for the first time tomorrow.

This is one awesome truck.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hotdog711
Quick question, My truck likes to nose dive off every jump. Is that a setup problem or inherent to 4X4 SC trucks (this is my first 4X4)? I haven't messed with the springs yet, will that help? It seems like I have to mash the gas just to keep it level. I would like to stay away from adding weight to an already heavy truck.
info
RS mounted on center diff
Tekin SCT4 5.5 on lipo
Stock spring and oil

Thanks,
Brian
One thing to note, this could be due to too much drag brake. This truck turns well so very minimal if any drag brake is needed. If you have a lot set which is likely from the factory, letting off the throttle in the air will actually apply brakes which most certainly will bring the nose down. I only run between 0 and 4% drag brake on this truck. The other thing is, mount that esc at the rear of the battery to get some of that weight dispersed better and try moving your battery to the back position.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hotdog711
Quick question, My truck likes to nose dive off every jump. Is that a setup problem or inherent to 4X4 SC trucks (this is my first 4X4)? I haven't messed with the springs yet, will that help? It seems like I have to mash the gas just to keep it level. I would like to stay away from adding weight to an already heavy truck.
info
RS mounted on center diff
Tekin SCT4 5.5 on lipo
Stock spring and oil

Thanks,
Brian
Wow my truck actually jumps nose kinda up!Did I mention how much I love this truck....

Last edited by BmainStar; 03-07-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: fun
Old 03-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idswass
I had a question on the shock piston. I see on Casey's setup sheet it says "5" for the piston and on Ryan's it says "3" and stock. I'm assuming that the "5" is bigger? Does anyone know a drill bit equivalent for these two sizes? Any other opinions on shock set ups?
5 is a 1.15mm hole which the closest is a 56.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I bought my truck on Saturday and raced it Saturday night and Sunday. Both at OCRC. First, let me thank Cody Turner first and formost for helping set up my truck. Frank helped me a bit also, and Casper, thanks for letting me use your slicks yesterday for the main, it made a huge difference in how it ran. Ryan, you hit a homerun with this truck!

Now here's my unbiased opinion of this truck based on my short time with it so far. But first you should know what I'm running.

setup:
-stock grease in all 3 diffs (haven't had time to change them yet)
-ESC/motor MMM 2650 1/8th scale combo on 3s 4500mah
-16T pinion/40 spur
-stock shock oil/springs (waiting on parts)
-ride height 30 all around
-Droop (took it all out on Cody's suggestions)
-front shocks mounted on bottom moved in one hole (middle)
-Front sway bar stock, rear sway bar 2.3mm 1/8th scale (Ryan said I really should change this and it'll handle much better, I'll have to take his word for it, I just did this because I thought I needed to stiffen it up a bit, will be changed once I receive my swaybar kit)
-Stock tires (that'll change this week)

I'm not a great driver, I'm a perenial B-main driver in 1/8th scale sportsmen and often bump up to the A-main where I go on to get my brain beat in usually lol That being said, I'm decently fast and my Fast Lap is usually up there amongst the fastest of the other Sportsmen, it's that darned consistency thing that alludes me. Anyway, my fast laps were about a 1 1/2 seconds or so off my fast laps in 1/8th scale. I have a lot of laps on my 1/8th scale so thats' really saying something. This truck makes me feel like I'm going slow, but then I look at my lap times and think that my transponders lying to me. Whereas my 1/8th scale feels SO MUCH FASTER but lap times tell me that they're really not that much faster considering I'm still learning this truck. I have to say, compared to my Slash 4x4, well...it doesn't compare. It handles and drives a lot more like my 1/8th scale does. Though I was getting a bit of traction roll (SUPER high bite clay indoor blue grooved track) but I think changing my springs, shock oil and diff oil will fix that problem. Since I'm coming from 1/8th scale, the "nose down" jumping is something that I'm used to and easy to correct, however those who are just getting into 4wd SC's for the first time it will feel weird at first, but soon you'll know how to correct it and it'll become something you do without even thinking about. Honestly, I think the sky's the limit for this truck and truly expect it to dominate at most tracks for quite a while. Not discounting the other trucks out there, I just think this is a super well built, great handling truck and the durability will have others switch over from other brands.

Now to the things that I hate...

I was thinking about selling my Slash 4x4 and I hate that the classified section is about to get flooded by For Sale threads of Slash 4x4's, Ofna's and Jammins. This will devalue my Slash 4x4 greatly Maybe I'll just keep it incase a friend wants to try out RC racing with me.

I hate that this may eventually be the truck that kills SC 4x4 racing. Why you ask? Because I really think this truck is that much better than the currently available competition. And because of that, the fanboys of other brands will pull out of this class of racing as their vehicles are nolonger competitive (as we all know, brand whores will never switch brands even when one is clearly superior to their own and would rather pull out of that class, than change cars)

I think that's it lol Oh and one legitimate gripe, the foams in the stock tires are way too soft and cause the tires to roll over excessively on high grip tracks. But then again, when was the last time anyone ran stock tires other than out of necessity because you haven't gotten new tires yet anyway lol Can't wait to get my Barcodes on this thing with close cell foams, it's gonna be AWESOME!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

dont hate on this newbie,for the sc trucks: where do you guys get all the small sponsor stickers from? Like VP Racing fuel, Flowmaster ect....
Old 03-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

stock tires are so fun.. drifter
Old 03-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok I am in. I was going to wait for AE's truck, but after seeing this truck in person I am sold. Beefy as hell compared to Ofna and Jammin truck. Truck looks niced and solid. Thinking of running the havoc pro sc with ballistic 550 4.5. Never had issues with this setup in my 10sc.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mauimaxx
Hey losi drivers, got my truck coming in. I'm thinking of running speed passion grand turismo v2.0 pro esc with the tekin 4.5 motor. Any experience or any feed back on this speed control/motor combo will be great. Next choice to go all Novak havoc/4.5 combo. I like the speed passion for it's eas of setting up and making quick changes to the esc. Any feed back is cool.

Thanks.
Hacker, Casper etal,

Any thoughts on this set up. And for pinions on these 550 cans, shaft size and recommended teeth for small indoor track and for larger 1/8 scale outdoor track.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I bought my truck on Saturday and raced it Saturday night and Sunday. Both at OCRC. First, let me thank Cody Turner first and formost for helping set up my truck. Frank helped me a bit also, and Casper, thanks for letting me use your slicks yesterday for the main, it made a huge difference in how it ran. Ryan, you hit a homerun with this truck!

Now here's my unbiased opinion of this truck based on my short time with it so far. But first you should know what I'm running.

setup:
-16T pinion/40 spur
-Front sway bar stock, rear sway bar 2.3mm 1/8th scale (Ryan said I really should change this and it'll handle much better, I'll have to take his word for it, I just did this because I thought I needed to stiffen it up a bit, will be changed once I receive my swaybar kit)

I'm not a great driver, I'm a perenial B-main driver in 1/8th scale sportsmen and often bump up to the A-main where I go on to get my brain beat in usually lol That being said, I'm decently fast and my Fast Lap is usually up there amongst the fastest of the other Sportsmen, it's that darned consistency thing that alludes me. Anyway, my fast laps were about a 1 1/2 seconds or so off my fast laps in 1/8th scale. I have a lot of laps on my 1/8th scale so thats' really saying something. This truck makes me feel like I'm going slow, but then I look at my lap times and think that my transponders lying to me. Whereas my 1/8th scale feels SO MUCH FASTER but lap times tell me that they're really not that much faster considering I'm still learning this truck. I have to say, compared to my Slash 4x4, well...it doesn't compare. It handles and drives a lot more like my 1/8th scale does. Though I was getting a bit of traction roll (SUPER high bite clay indoor blue grooved track) but I think changing my springs, shock oil and diff oil will fix that problem. Since I'm coming from 1/8th scale, the "nose down" jumping is something that I'm used to and easy to correct, however those who are just getting into 4wd SC's for the first time it will feel weird at first, but soon you'll know how to correct it and it'll become something you do without even thinking about. Honestly, I think the sky's the limit for this truck and truly expect it to dominate at most tracks for quite a while. Not discounting the other trucks out there, I just think this is a super well built, great handling truck and the durability will have others switch over from other brands.

I was thinking about selling my Slash 4x4 and I hate that the classified section is about to get flooded by For Sale threads of Slash 4x4's, Ofna's and Jammins. This will devalue my Slash 4x4 greatly Maybe I'll just keep it incase a friend wants to try out RC racing with me.

I hate that this may eventually be the truck that kills SC 4x4 racing. Why you ask? Because I really think this truck is that much better than the currently available competition. And because of that, the fanboys of other brands will pull out of this class of racing as their vehicles are nolonger competitive (as we all know, brand whores will never switch brands even when one is clearly superior to their own and would rather pull out of that class, than change cars)

I think that's it lol Oh and one legitimate gripe, the foams in the stock tires are way too soft and cause the tires to roll over excessively on high grip tracks. But then again, when was the last time anyone ran stock tires other than out of necessity because you haven't gotten new tires yet anyway lol Can't wait to get my Barcodes on this thing with close cell foams, it's gonna be AWESOME!
I wouldn't worry about it killing off the class. Great, game changing cars have been introduced in the past and it doesn't kill a class. Also, despite it's complexity and weird battery and motor restrictions, the AE truck I think will be quite competitive with this truck. I have gone with the Losi, I've always been more of a Losi guy although I have had some nice AE cars over the years. Anyway, new cars and new ideas in the class will only make it stronger.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911

setup:
-16T pinion/40 spur

They dont allow 3s lipo to race at our club.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RustyRC
They dont allow 3s lipo to race at our club.
for now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.