Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very well said Steve!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss

Another part of this can be traced back to the general American attitude of entitlement: Everyone deserves they should be a winner... that's why we see 27 different classes at races 13.5 novice, 13.5 sportsman, 13.5 expert, 13.5 pro, etc etc etc. The classes and the competition becomes diluted and at the end of the day everyone is worse off because people can't just suck it up and accept the fact that someone beat them on a given day, or worse yet, someone might actually be better at them then something.
isn't a reason to give up, but a reason to try even harder to come back and beat them next time!

Hit it on the head right there!!!

I have been saying this for about 3 yrs now.

Joe Racer walks into hobby store, spends 3grand on TC and shows up on Sat. Only to find he is about 5 laps off pace.Never bothers to ask any questions and looks at you like you just stole his food when you walk up to offer some to him, you never see Joe at the track again..but he will post all over the internet that he and 3 friends are "racing" at the Wal-mart parking lot on Sat. mornings! LOL
Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Very well said Steve!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JayBee
Is there another source to see the videos? The Redrc link for some reason doesn't show it. What about that HPI TV site?

JB
You read that post from Steve over & over, its the same I`v been saying to U guys, right ?......

Will you guys change ?

Noooo !!!!

Its all about winning with a stock, nothing about moving up and skill .....
Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Typical responce from Rick... lol... I looked at the top 3 and two of the guys I battled with for the win at the IIC.... I also remember Rick being crushed at the Asphalt Nats during the summer in 1/12 by some 7-8 seconds.... But, the rest of us don't have skills so that's why we stayed home and Rick went to the WC to keep the attendance up. Unfortunetly, WC's are another r/c car race with a little more prestige. I've missed the 1/8 in Argentina for my daughter being born and now for business reasons. There will be another one in 2 years and I do plan on being at that one for sure!!

The US drivers have more than enough skill but we are at a distinct disadvantage for the WC.... 5cell TC where it's mainly 6-cell or Lipo here. Mainly foam tires (major events) vs rubber tires. 1/12 on asphalt vs. carpet... We don't race with the right equipment in the right conditions to have the knowledge to get everything to the limit as you need to for a WC. Until we race rubber tires year round and run 5-cells, for TC and run more 1/12 races on asphalt (majors) we will continue to be behind.

Ralphy was supposed to attend but his mother has been ill so he cancelled his trip to stay home. I hope all is well for him back in TX....
Just to point out, TC WC are being run with 6-cells mainly because ROAR didn't want 5-cell...
Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Just to point out, TC WC are being run with 6-cells mainly because ROAR didn't want 5-cell...

Because ROAR didn't want 5-cell, or because there was no general consensus internationally on what the cell count should be (ROAR - 6, EFRA - 5, JMRCA -4(representing a large portion of the FEMCA group)) so the status quo was maintained?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think they are allowed to run 5 cell but still need to run the same 1500g min weight as 6 cell.... So everyone decided to use 6 cell...
Old 11-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, JMRCA 4cells rules pretty much only apply to JP. AFAIK most of Asian running 6cells still, but 5cells for modify is slowly growing which mostly influenced by TITC.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

I believe the last Japan nats were 5 cell. EFRA proposed that the worlds went to 5 cell. ROAR voted against - as did someone else, so there was no majority and hence it stayed at 6.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow... I guess I must not fit in with the rest of the RC world.
I didnt get into RC with the idea I might someday race at the Worlds.
I only followed the worlds because I know Paul pretty well.
I have raced asphalt and I really dont like it... great for those who do but its not for me.
Summer is short in the upper midwest and racing takes a backseat to other activities. Asphalt is a summer activity and it just isnt going to take off in much of the country. I mean if you want to be like the Europeans then we have to race in the rain also... no thanks.
As for the 5 cell issue... what... you want me to go back to NiMh aint happening.
So rather than worry about how we do at the worlds I will just go to my local carpet tracks and do what RC racing is supposed to be about... having FUN.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey all: Well said steven and i remember back in the day at say the cleveland indoor race they had just two classes 12th on road stock for the non-factory/pro drivers and mod for the factory/pro drivers and that worked fine. I do think that times change and adding a class for drivers who are beyond stock class skill,but not quite at mod speed level like the 19t/pro stock class is a good thing just don't dilute it any further than that in my opinion. Thanks for letting me rant
Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Congrats to Juho... I mean YAHOOOOOOOO on a great 1/12th WC... Also congrats to Bob at AE for the top two there with the 12R5 .. I know the car has been working real good for me on carpet and look forward to the upcoming BIG races with it....

Mike Blackstock
Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
JB
You read that post from Steve over & over, its the same I`v been saying to U guys, right ?......

Will you guys change ?

Noooo !!!!

Its all about winning with a stock, nothing about moving up and skill .....
You are right Cherry, you have been saying that to us for years.
Fortunately for me, I don't run ANYTHING stock. I run ALOT of Super Stock & I dabble with MoD occasionally.
Like the poster earlier said, MOD is HARD on the cars/pocketbook. Running MOD offroad I think would be a little easier but this is not the thread to discuss/argue the point.
But your point is well received

NOW HOW ABOUT SOME 1/12 VIDEOS PEOPLE!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 12th at the '08 worlds

Hey all: I've seen pics of the 12th portion of the '08 ifmar on road worlds and was wondering what are the latest 12th pan cars out there now either already in production or not yet availible. I have a partial list that i'd like added to and or updated.
AE 12R5
crc prototype=gen x2 maybe?
speedmerchant rev5
cefx phoenix
hotbodies 12x
corally sp12x
bmi db12r
diggity designs 3D08
kyosho prototype
x-ray protoype
darkside motorsports mx2 or mx3?
team kwik R12
hyperdrive if still availible?
serpent s120
full throttle motorsports
Thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Final ranking list 1:12
1. (1.) Naoto Matsukura (J) - Associated RC12R5 / Nosram / Nosram / Yokomo-Flash
2. (2.) Juho Levänen (FIN) - Associated RC12R5 / LRP / LRP / Reedy
3. (3.) Hupo Hönigl (A) - CRC Gen-X Black Art / LRP / LRP / LRP
4. (4.) Marc Rheinard (D) - HotBodies Cyclone 12X / LRP / SpeedPassion / SMC
5. (5.) Hideo Kitizawa (J) - HotBodies Cyclone 12X / Futaba / SpeedPassion
6. (6.) Jilles Groskamp (NL) - CRC Gen-X Black Art / Nosram / SpeedPassion / SMC
7. (7.) Simo Ahoniemi (FIN) - Corally SP12X / GM / GM / Corally
8. (10.) Andy Moore (GB) - HotBodies Cyclone 12X / Nosram / TeamOrion / TeamOrion
9. (8.) Teemu Leino (FIN) - Xray XII / LRP / TeamOrion / TeamOrion
10. (9.) Dasiuke Yoshioka (J) - HotBodies Cyclone 12X / LRP / LRP / LRP
© http://www.ps93.ch

And thank's to http://www.redrc.net for the fantastic live report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.