R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #421
Tech Fanatic
 
ttso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Very well said Steve!
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #422
Tech Elite
 
imprsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Va.
Posts: 3,735
Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post

Another part of this can be traced back to the general American attitude of entitlement: Everyone deserves they should be a winner... that's why we see 27 different classes at races 13.5 novice, 13.5 sportsman, 13.5 expert, 13.5 pro, etc etc etc. The classes and the competition becomes diluted and at the end of the day everyone is worse off because people can't just suck it up and accept the fact that someone beat them on a given day, or worse yet, someone might actually be better at them then something.
isn't a reason to give up, but a reason to try even harder to come back and beat them next time!

Hit it on the head right there!!!

I have been saying this for about 3 yrs now.

Joe Racer walks into hobby store, spends 3grand on TC and shows up on Sat. Only to find he is about 5 laps off pace.Never bothers to ask any questions and looks at you like you just stole his food when you walk up to offer some to him, you never see Joe at the track again..but he will post all over the internet that he and 3 friends are "racing" at the Wal-mart parking lot on Sat. mornings! LOL
__________________
AwesomatixUSA
eXpress Motorsports
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:44 AM   #423
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,000
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Very well said Steve!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #424
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Is there another source to see the videos? The Redrc link for some reason doesn't show it. What about that HPI TV site?


JB
You read that post from Steve over & over, its the same I`v been saying to U guys, right ?......

Will you guys change ?


Noooo !!!!

Its all about winning with a stock, nothing about moving up and skill .....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #425
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Typical responce from Rick... lol... I looked at the top 3 and two of the guys I battled with for the win at the IIC.... I also remember Rick being crushed at the Asphalt Nats during the summer in 1/12 by some 7-8 seconds.... But, the rest of us don't have skills so that's why we stayed home and Rick went to the WC to keep the attendance up. Unfortunetly, WC's are another r/c car race with a little more prestige. I've missed the 1/8 in Argentina for my daughter being born and now for business reasons. There will be another one in 2 years and I do plan on being at that one for sure!!

The US drivers have more than enough skill but we are at a distinct disadvantage for the WC.... 5cell TC where it's mainly 6-cell or Lipo here. Mainly foam tires (major events) vs rubber tires. 1/12 on asphalt vs. carpet... We don't race with the right equipment in the right conditions to have the knowledge to get everything to the limit as you need to for a WC. Until we race rubber tires year round and run 5-cells, for TC and run more 1/12 races on asphalt (majors) we will continue to be behind.

Ralphy was supposed to attend but his mother has been ill so he cancelled his trip to stay home. I hope all is well for him back in TX....
Just to point out, TC WC are being run with 6-cells mainly because ROAR didn't want 5-cell...
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #426
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy View Post
Just to point out, TC WC are being run with 6-cells mainly because ROAR didn't want 5-cell...

Because ROAR didn't want 5-cell, or because there was no general consensus internationally on what the cell count should be (ROAR - 6, EFRA - 5, JMRCA -4(representing a large portion of the FEMCA group)) so the status quo was maintained?
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #427
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I think they are allowed to run 5 cell but still need to run the same 1500g min weight as 6 cell.... So everyone decided to use 6 cell...
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #428
Tech Fanatic
 
ttso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well, JMRCA 4cells rules pretty much only apply to JP. AFAIK most of Asian running 6cells still, but 5cells for modify is slowly growing which mostly influenced by TITC.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #429
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,470
Send a message via ICQ to MattW
Default

I believe the last Japan nats were 5 cell. EFRA proposed that the worlds went to 5 cell. ROAR voted against - as did someone else, so there was no majority and hence it stayed at 6.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #430
Tech Elite
 
ottoman's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,761
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Wow... I guess I must not fit in with the rest of the RC world.
I didnt get into RC with the idea I might someday race at the Worlds.
I only followed the worlds because I know Paul pretty well.
I have raced asphalt and I really dont like it... great for those who do but its not for me.
Summer is short in the upper midwest and racing takes a backseat to other activities. Asphalt is a summer activity and it just isnt going to take off in much of the country. I mean if you want to be like the Europeans then we have to race in the rain also... no thanks.
As for the 5 cell issue... what... you want me to go back to NiMh aint happening.
So rather than worry about how we do at the worlds I will just go to my local carpet tracks and do what RC racing is supposed to be about... having FUN.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #431
Tech Fanatic
 
b-man777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA.
Posts: 938
Default

hey all: Well said steven and i remember back in the day at say the cleveland indoor race they had just two classes 12th on road stock for the non-factory/pro drivers and mod for the factory/pro drivers and that worked fine. I do think that times change and adding a class for drivers who are beyond stock class skill,but not quite at mod speed level like the 19t/pro stock class is a good thing just don't dilute it any further than that in my opinion. Thanks for letting me rant
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #432
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to Juho... I mean YAHOOOOOOOO on a great 1/12th WC... Also congrats to Bob at AE for the top two there with the 12R5 .. I know the car has been working real good for me on carpet and look forward to the upcoming BIG races with it....


Mike Blackstock
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED, SMC BATTERIES, REEDY MOTORS, JACO TIRES, RADIOPOST RADIOS, LRP ELECTRONICS, PROTOFORM BODIES, MAKITA POWER TOOLS, KICKER PEFORMANCE AUDIO, KOLORS BY KROPY, MUCH-, RSD
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #433
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,813
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
JB
You read that post from Steve over & over, its the same I`v been saying to U guys, right ?......

Will you guys change ?


Noooo !!!!

Its all about winning with a stock, nothing about moving up and skill .....
You are right Cherry, you have been saying that to us for years.
Fortunately for me, I don't run ANYTHING stock. I run ALOT of Super Stock & I dabble with MoD occasionally.
Like the poster earlier said, MOD is HARD on the cars/pocketbook. Running MOD offroad I think would be a little easier but this is not the thread to discuss/argue the point.
But your point is well received


NOW HOW ABOUT SOME 1/12 VIDEOS PEOPLE!!!
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #434
Tech Fanatic
 
b-man777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA.
Posts: 938
Default 12th at the '08 worlds

Hey all: I've seen pics of the 12th portion of the '08 ifmar on road worlds and was wondering what are the latest 12th pan cars out there now either already in production or not yet availible. I have a partial list that i'd like added to and or updated.
AE 12R5
crc prototype=gen x2 maybe?
speedmerchant rev5
cefx phoenix
hotbodies 12x
corally sp12x
bmi db12r
diggity designs 3D08
kyosho prototype
x-ray protoype
darkside motorsports mx2 or mx3?
team kwik R12
hyperdrive if still availible?
serpent s120
full throttle motorsports
Thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #435
Tech Apprentice
 
BigP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Switzerland / England
Posts: 76
Default

Final ranking list 1:12
1. (1.) Naoto Matsukura (J) - Associated RC12R5 / Nosram / Nosram / Yokomo-Flash
2. (2.) Juho Levänen (FIN) - Associated RC12R5 / LRP / LRP / Reedy
3. (3.) Hupo Hönigl (A) - CRC Gen-X Black Art / LRP / LRP / LRP
4. (4.) Marc Rheinard (D) - HotBodies Cyclone 12X / LRP / SpeedPassion / SMC
5. (5.) Hideo Kitizawa (J) - HotBodies Cyclone 12X / Futaba / SpeedPassion
6. (6.) Jilles Groskamp (NL) - CRC Gen-X Black Art / Nosram / SpeedPassion / SMC
7. (7.) Simo Ahoniemi (FIN) - Corally SP12X / GM / GM / Corally
8. (10.) Andy Moore (GB) - HotBodies Cyclone 12X / Nosram / TeamOrion / TeamOrion
9. (8.) Teemu Leino (FIN) - Xray XII / LRP / TeamOrion / TeamOrion
10. (9.) Dasiuke Yoshioka (J) - HotBodies Cyclone 12X / LRP / LRP / LRP
© http://www.ps93.ch

And thank's to http://www.redrc.net for the fantastic live report
BigP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
QCRCCC OFF-ROAD RACING emer Manila Racers 16543 04-08-2016 01:31 AM
Hong Nor / Jammin Products And RC Fans Thread plazma Malaysian R/C Racers 1717 04-02-2013 02:07 AM
IFMar Worlds '09..................Electric...... losidriver70 Electric Off-Road 57 02-05-2009 01:14 PM
Malaysian National Championship (MNC) 2008 KoE Malaysian R/C Racers 769 01-04-2009 09:35 PM
cabin fever race. badxlt Northwest Racers 642 07-08-2008 07:37 PM
TITC 2008 - Feb 22-24th @ RCS Bangkok Thaniland kentech Electric On-Road 144 03-12-2008 10:03 AM
2006 IFMAR World Championships 1/8 Buggy Offroad - Jakarta, Indonesia Hobby Peoples Indonesia Racing 101 10-27-2006 09:21 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:16 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net