Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Of course once I take the pics I've got to get em on here. Being computer illiterate isn't going to help. But I'll get the pics in the next 2 days and start the posting process, whatever it isl
Old 11-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a like new GS CL-1 and A ton of parts if anyone is interested. PM or email me @ [email protected]
Old 11-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

My new Advanced CL-1 is getting a NovaRossi Rex P5 NIB that's been on the shelf for years. I remember trying to start my RB 3 port I have now for the first time. Even with a heat gun it was 2 or 3 days of frustration before it ran. That was 4 or 5 yrs. and several gallons ago and my old Duratrax metal box is fading. Who makes a really strong, easy to handle, starter box? Does it use stick packs or a gel cell battery. I've heard OFNA has a nice one. Thanks guys
Old 11-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

i had rtr storm and i raced the thing each week for like 2 years the stock bo1 motor was great it lacked power but ran so good. i broke like maybe 2 arms and a rear hub.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

where did the engine lack, did you try a pipe? Were you competative?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

the power was low at the topend and nope stock pipe was used. i guess that would of helped. and yes the car did good at races u had to do some stuff like diff oils,tires,servos that stuff stock is not good to race.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I still say out old Storms are still competitive at at least a local or even regional level with the right set up and a good driver. Put a top driver at the wheel of my Storm Pro and a good average at the wheel of one of the new buggies and it'll be a tight race at worst, probably a win for the Storm. Check out Ebay for the Fioroni chassis and suspension kit for our old Storms. It totally changes the suspension set-up of the buggy. I've got one of my 3 Pros set up with one and it looks like one of the newer buggies. No more suspension blocks. Hinge pins are captured at either end by anodized blue aluminum blocks. The Fioroni kit includes different blocks to change toe and squat. Runs about 115 in one of the ebay stores and worth every penny to update your Storm. The milling on the chassis is awesome. Don't give up guys, our Storms are still good buggies. P.S. Now my little sister has the dig cam but I swear to post photos as soon as I can get it back, unfortuately she's young and in good health so that may be a while. No, week and half at most if I don't get it before we leave for our hunting trip. Pics are coming though Derek. Brett, Up-Side-Down Racing Team

Last edited by BrettL; 11-30-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Well guys, I managed 4th place in our (New Zealand) championships yesterday with my CL1 Advanced so the car is as you say very competitive. It may weight a little more than many other brands but on some tracks that can be an advantage. The car is strong and parts are cheap and easy to get. The RTR kits are an excellent way to start and the B03 engines are really strong and easy to tune. Cant go wrong with GS.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Congrats Jezza! Are there many others running GS there. One local track owner said he hadn't seen a Storm on his track in at least 2 years. So how is the car as far as durability and ease of tuning? Does it respond well to the tuning? Our track here is pretty tight and always dries out and becomes loose. What kind of track were you on? Congrats again and best of luck next time! Brett, Up-Side-Down Racing Team
Old 11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am not going to lie, that Advanced model has caught my eye a few times.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

You should really take a look a the NEW Advanced Plus, $340 at A Main online, awesome deal. With GS losing their main driver and at least one other sponsered one as well, you might work out a sponsorship. They're a great car, people just don't see them very often. Brett, Up-Side-Down Racing Team
Old 11-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

My 4 year old Storm in action a few weeks ago:

This was last Friday after a 3 hour bashing session. My brother-in-law and I found a very nice ATV trail near his property. Next time I'm taking some pictures. It has a couple of nice jumps there. Not a single part broke.

Took me nearly an hour to clean all that crap, but it was worth it

All cleaned up and ready for another bashing session. I did switched engines.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

i have the sut ce,champion edition....its not the storm or cl-1 but like he said this thing is a tank built right...all the weak spots i have observed on truggies,arebeefed up...anyway i would like to see more people discussing gs products more as well.........
Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Still a Storm?

Hey drebies, I think I mentioned this already. I think it may have been in a pm so I'll post it here for others to see and to tell me if I'm wrong. The post right above yours show great pics of a Storm that I think the original SUT was based on. Comparing what you have to these pics should tell you. IF I'm right, the chassis will be longer on your truck, therefore the inner shafts will as well. Point is, the parts for this Storm are still available under the name Storm Plus RTR, which is a copy of the old one, and the Storm Evo. The Evo has a different chassis and suspension setup but 90 to95% of it's parts are compatible with the old Storm. Hopefully I'm right so it'll help you out. If not, at least it'll help others like me with the old Storms. Post pics if you got 'em guys. Mine should be up tomorrow or Fri. Brett, Up Side Down Racing Team
Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah a GS strom thread, hey guys i picked up a strom RTR cheap a few months back and am really liking this thing fun to drive, the Bo1 engine gave up and i couldn't get the old sleve out so i had to put my axial 28 in till my new go 21 gets here, some of the things i have do are put on the pro shock towers got some losi buggy shocks and the new losi buggy fuel tank which opens up towards the front and the losi GRP tire and rims, anyone know if or where i can get upgraded front c-hub or if some others will work, anyway heres is my rtr got a new body still have to do a little triming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.