Wiki Posts
Search

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Nah...but I bet he will launch his car off the berm on the center chicane and clear the end of the track
Could be a first if he cleared the pit fence off the widows peak.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Go wit dat dhit PookyT.

Now, we'ins (Harsh and I) gots to git you to Speeeeeeeeeeeeedworld fer de Asphalt Nats.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Would almost kill to get the pavement Nats but I have my sites set on Vegas Baby!!!!

Not bad on your Southern there dude!

We need to host a Nats in Memphis and "learn" you fellas about the southland!!! LMAO

Brant
Old 03-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Would almost kill to get the pavement Nats but I have my sites set on Vegas Baby!!!!

We need to host a Nats in Memphis and "learn" you fellas about the southland!!! LMAO

Brant
LOL
Old 03-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT

Brant
What? You on Vegas carpet...No way! Don't forget to bring your 'Excuse Database' (i.e. Who moved that turn?...Never run on dis stuff!...etc.) LOL
Old 03-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
What? You on Vegas carpet...No way! Don't forget to bring your 'Excuse Database' (i.e. Who moved that turn?...Never run on dis stuff!...etc.) LOL

No Worries!!!!! I have all the classic excuses listed alphabetically in a spread sheet on my PDA!!!! I don't like the carpet but I LOVE VEGAS!!! Plus, my hommie really wants to run Vegas so here we go!!

Brant
Old 03-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Default Mod A3

Here is a detailed printout of Modified A3. Check out the Average lap times of LeMieux's and Toso's best 10 laps.

The battle for the lead was so good nobody noticed Billy Easton came from 9th to 3rd and was only 1.5 seconds back of the leaders until he started to dump.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ModA3.pdf (38.5 KB, 155 views)
Old 03-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2006 carpet nationals

hi all:i agree with andrew swanson about no factory drivers in 19t.i think if enough factory drivers show up at a big race and want to run 19t then that race should have seperate sportsman and factory 19t classes like the snowbirds do.just my $0.02 worth
Old 03-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

brandt who you going to vegas with?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hi all:i agree with andrew swanson about no factory drivers in 19t.i think if enough factory drivers show up at a big race and want to run 19t then that race should have seperate sportsman and factory 19t classes like the snowbirds do.just my $0.02 worth
Scotty also did this at the Novak race this year. He ran a Factory 19t class and a regular 19t Class. anyone that had any major sponsor support past or present had to run in the Factory 19t class. You can see by the results it worked out well.
http://www.trackside.com/results/060108m.htm
Old 03-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Brutal...lol!

Todd...how many times have you seen the TQ from the 1st, 2nd round at Cleveland hold up....Never. Cleveland's track gets faster and faster so that only the last round of qualifying counts. You could TQ every round but the last at Cleveland, get hit and break in the last round and end up in the C-Main.

Carpet tracks don't change...yeah right!
Adrian...as someone who's been to Cleveland several times...I can say that there are quite a few variables that you're not taking into account that result in the faster laptimes.

#1...especially at Cleveland...track time. The more you drive the track, the faster you're gonna go.
#2 Car setup. People don't just leave their cars alone after the first round...they try to get them better and better even if they're already TQ!
#3 HP. Guys will get the right brush/spring combo and gearing figured out and will try new things later in qualifying.

Honestly, the track grip never changes too much after the first round of qualifying. So much is laid down in practice that it reaches its peak pretty early.

BTW, I dislike qual points too.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
I was lucky enough to hang with some of the Xray team sunday night and snapped off a couple shots. Barry Baker, Mr Confidence himself, popped in to say hi before he left the resturant. and I sat there and learned a few things about setting up my T2. can't wait till the next big race.

Ps added blackstocks A2 12th mod win to the video on my site.

2006_Roar_Carpet_onroad_Nats_Mod_12th_
How bout addding a video that everyone can see. .rm files are kind of unpopular. Windows media, quicktime, etc. would be great. Us Mac guys don't use that format and I know lots of PC guys don't either.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Suspended

Brutal...lol!

Todd...how many times have you seen the TQ from the 1st, 2nd round at Cleveland hold up....Never. Cleveland's track gets faster and faster so that only the last round of qualifying counts. You could TQ every round but the last at Cleveland, get hit and break in the last round and end up in the C-Main.

Carpet tracks don't change...yeah right!

well the guys that makes mains no matter the conditions they dont seam to be crying about qual points just the guys that only make Bs...Qual points seperate the One hit wonders and give credit to the most consistant guys who can wheel no matter what the conditions that come up...bitter....Quall points for Life....lol.....
Old 03-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

maybe i missed it but did anyone get a good pic of the Roar tech box?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamHomies
well the guys that makes mains no matter the conditions they dont seam to be crying about qual points just the guys that only make Bs...Qual points seperate the One hit wonders and give credit to the most consistant guys who can wheel no matter what the conditions that come up...bitter....Quall points for Life....lol.....
Im not crying but what you just posted isnt exactly true in ALL cases. I had 4 top ten runs (10, 8, 6, and 5) and was BQ. So tell me how that is fair? 2 of the guys in the A main only had 2 good runs and made it in....Seems they were more "one hit wonders" at this race than I was.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.