Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's what I thought. Good thing I've already got a set.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

so how did the tlr guys and the 2.0 do against barry and the tekno in the mains?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FUELRC
so how did the tlr guys and the 2.0 do against barry and the tekno in the mains?
Ryan already commented on this but to add some more, Ryan got taken out on the first lap and had to come from last. He worked his way up to 2nd and was easily on Barry's pace through the rest of the race. I finished 3rd. Ryan had he got out clean he and Barry would have put on quite a show. I have not run in 3 weeks and could not keep pace. It was me not the truck. By the main Ryan and I were both working on run 6 of our trucks and they were breaking in nice and handle great!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsamarin
Very nice touch including all the pistons though!
But only 2 of each... Which is ok if you don't run the same pistons all around. Luckily I have tons of #3 pistons from the shock rebuild kits I was forced to buy when I only needed the o-rings
Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bladeys
So the 2.0 has a better side to side balance but what is the front and back balance and what is considered the optimum balance? Thanks
Kinda bugs when a question isn't answered. A lot of people have tried to even balance their SC while others around me like the weight forward. Has the 2.0 answered that and is more all around balanced?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Just the one set of springs and sway bars.
will my spring set from the 1.0 work on the 2.0?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyler hays
will my spring set from the 1.0 work on the 2.0?
Yep shocks are the same.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bladeys
Kinda bugs when a question isn't answered. A lot of people have tried to even balance their SC while others around me like the weight forward. Has the 2.0 answered that and is more all around balanced?
I am sorry to have bugged you. This is a personal question in that, the optimum balance is really up to the driver. That is why we give the different settings for the battery placement. It will also depend on the electronics and the motor size. We tested 2 different esc's with both length motors, moved the battery around with 4 drivers for many packs...and thus we have things where they are now.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks casper...... i looked but did not see the info. Was not asking in a bad manor or to prod. I have an scte and cant wait for the new.chassis to put on mine.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ordered EVERYTHING to covert my truck! Cost me about $250.00 for people complaining about an upgrade kit, just order the parts needed. If you have a box stock scte your better off buying the new truck. For someone like me, I run indoor carpet...I just got this truck at the end of summer, (second one) and have done every possible tlr upgrade to it. To order the parts needed after that to do everything to my truck from the different size screws for front diff, and bumper, to the chassis and all mounting hardware it cost me around $250.00. So basically what you get is pretty much what you get in an mip kit. For 50 or so more dollars. Thats not too bad, and I dont mind paying that! Super stoaked for the parts to arrive so I can have my 2.0 put together!! Cheers to ryan for coming up with everything everyone has been waiting/asking for! It really is WHAT you need out of the box. THANK YOU TLR!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Ryan already commented on this but to add some more, Ryan got taken out on the first lap and had to come from last. He worked his way up to 2nd and was easily on Barry's pace through the rest of the race. I finished 3rd. Ryan had he got out clean he and Barry would have put on quite a show. I have not run in 3 weeks and could not keep pace. It was me not the truck. By the main Ryan and I were both working on run 6 of our trucks and they were breaking in nice and handle great!
There's going to be some more races like that at my track. Only i think i'll be see a lot more of your trucks out there, (losi dominated track) Can't wait to see how the tekno and losi 2.0 race against eachother. So pumped for offroad season!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I am sorry to have bugged you. This is a personal question in that, the optimum balance is really up to the driver. That is why we give the different settings for the battery placement. It will also depend on the electronics and the motor size. We tested 2 different esc's with both length motors, moved the battery around with 4 drivers for many packs...and thus we have things where they are now.
Thanks for the answer. The SCTE has given a lot of fun and it is great to see it continue.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
With You driving Jayson It would Rail , I am sure I really want to have My ver 1 still and have this one to compare side by side.I am going to drive the San Diego truck at some point too as well.Gotta see if it fits My style of driving.I'm` all about brand loyalty and all but Lap times will tell the tale between the three trucks!!See ya Man..
Haha I wish I was a good driver, but yea I am actually gonna rebuild my truck and when time permits I'd like to come back out to peg, and meet up for some racing...right now work, and money are the issue but I am hoping that will change soon..anyway cya soon man been a long time
Old 01-31-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

The new 2.0 looks great. I have a few nitpicks about it but over all looks good and still the best looking shoutcourse.
I'm glad I've been broke the last few months and didn't pick up the original scte
Old 01-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
There's going to be some more races like that at my track. Only i think i'll be see a lot more of your trucks out there, (losi dominated track) Can't wait to see how the tekno and losi 2.0 race against eachother. So pumped for offroad season!
Great attitude Catbox!!!!! That is exactly what this is ALL about!!!Cheers!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.