Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Initiate

So.... i have an scte with ALL OF THE CURRENT TLR PARTS... tune kit, shafts, shock bodies, hinge pins, tlr chassis, new dif cases, blah... blah..... can i buy the new chassis and shock towers then bolt my stuff on it to have a scte 2.0?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank Root
With the angle of the front-center drive shaft, there is a small amount of bone bind, which helps bleed a bit more power to the rear. When you are on power, more of the weight is transferred to the rear and the front end gets lighter. This makes it easier to spring the front tires or 'diff' them out. With the front-center bone bind bleeding power to the rear of the truck under acceleration, it increase forward drive out of the turn.

This design wasn't by accident

I have been running the new truck for quite a while, and it work very well. It really helps the truck have more steering while also making the rear end much more stable. Best part, is that you can race the truck as it comes out of the box. I haven't run any upgrades that the kit doesn't come with. You guys will love it!
Thank you for clearing that up for me. When I mentioned Tekno I was using that as the example. I wasn't trying to make it sound like there SCT is more superior than the TLR. At the end of the day in my mind I thought that a straight drive line would be for the best.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Here is a video Gary Katzer and I put together in case you are bored and I am sorry you have to look at my ugly face but its how it goes, haha...
You look like your on the witness stand
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default TLR SCTE 2.0 Upgrade Kit

Now is the time to get the 2.0 Upgrade Kit available..... don't delay Hurry!!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default Props to TLR

Awesome job guys.Just more proof why TLR is the Best. Such great employee to customer support.You cant beat it.Also 460.00 bucks for a legit throw down and race truck.Simply awesome.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Now is the time to get the 2.0 Upgrade Kit available..... don't delay Hurry!!
+1 to this....
Old 01-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

They have already said several times there will be no conversion kit, you will need the chassis, shocktowers, battery hold down mounts, torque rods, servo mounting hardware, the rest should bolt right up from what I have read.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
The Ten-SCTE 2.0 is a kit (box of parts)
I don't understand the question?
i assume they are talking about a basic version with no tlr parts like the first one
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ryan or Frank,
Any worries about the first shipment running out if the demand is strong or will you have enough stock to supply everyone?
Old 01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I like it Now I have to sell a hoped up v1 to buy the 2.0
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WIGMAN
They have already said several times there will be no conversion kit, you will need the chassis, shocktowers, battery hold down mounts, torque rods, servo mounting hardware, the rest should bolt right up from what I have read.
Okay, maybe I'm really blond but if all the parts are there, why not sell a bag containing the chassis, shocktowers, battery hold down mounts, torque rods, servo mounting hardware, for a little less than if you'd all buy it separately, and call it an upgrade kit ?

I mean, the parts are there. All they need to do is slap a bag around it and a price on it.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

With the angle of the front-center drive shaft, there is a small amount of bone bind, which helps bleed a bit more power to the rear. When you are on power, more of the weight is transferred to the rear and the front end gets lighter. This makes it easier to spring the front tires or 'diff' them out. With the front-center bone bind bleeding power to the rear of the truck under acceleration, it increase forward drive out of the turn.

This design wasn't by accident
!
Countless hours of design and testing by experienced, professional engineers, team drivers, and product developers go into each of our products including this one. Features like this do not just happen on accident and we don't put things in random places without thought or reason.

Sorry you cannot buy or believe my explanation, but it is the truth from our experience and expertise at TLR, and I wouldn't share a different opinion other than that.
When I read the first explanation, I wrote it off as someone trying to make sense of a design but the second post made me sit up and take notice. That was when I saw that it was made by a TLR employee which made the 1st explanation a valid company statement.

I'm sorry, but I am shocked that TLR will design a part to intentionally BIND! Esp a part like a drive shaft!

If I'm reading it correctly, the drive shaft was designed to be crooked over like that so that it will bind and create a little drag. So when the drive shaft gets worn down and doesn't bind as much, we have to go buy a new drive shaft so that the truck will drive as it was designed? Really!?!

If a little drag on the front/center drive shaft was the idea, wouldn't putting in bearings reduce the effect? Or maybe the drive shaft should have been designed to be straight but put in a split brass sleeve with a screw on top so you can adjust the drag on the drive shaft. I would have bought into that idea instead of a severly crooked binding drive shaft.

I love my SCTE with TLR tuning kit/MIP/KH/etc upgrades. But there is nothing in the 2.0 kit that would make me sell what I'm driving and buy it. Only thing I might upgrade are the shock towers. Is there any overwhelming reason for me to switch taking into consideration what I already have?

Vincent
Old 01-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Okay, maybe I'm really blond but if all the parts are there, why not sell a bag containing the chassis, shocktowers, battery hold down mounts, torque rods, servo mounting hardware, for a little less than if you'd all buy it separately, and call it an upgrade kit ?

I mean, the parts are there. All they need to do is slap a bag around it and a price on it.
The profitable business model would state to sell as much of the kit first then maybe at some point offer a conversion for those that didn't step up and buy ALL NEW.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CGR
parts numbers out already

Re-read my original post, THEN think about that again.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vhuang168
When I read the first explanation, I wrote it off as someone trying to make sense of a design but the second post made me sit up and take notice. That was when I saw that it was made by a TLR employee which made the 1st explanation a valid company statement.

I'm sorry, but I am shocked that TLR will design a part to intentionally BIND! Esp a part like a drive shaft!

If I'm reading it correctly, the drive shaft was designed to be crooked over like that so that it will bind and create a little drag. So when the drive shaft gets worn down and doesn't bind as much, we have to go buy a new drive shaft so that the truck will drive as it was designed? Really!?!

If a little drag on the front/center drive shaft was the idea, wouldn't putting in bearings reduce the effect? Or maybe the drive shaft should have been designed to be straight but put in a split brass sleeve with a screw on top so you can adjust the drag on the drive shaft. I would have bought into that idea instead of a severly crooked binding drive shaft.

I love my SCTE with TLR tuning kit/MIP/KH/etc upgrades. But there is nothing in the 2.0 kit that would make me sell what I'm driving and buy it. Only thing I might upgrade are the shock towers. Is there any overwhelming reason for me to switch taking into consideration what I already have?

Vincent
I'm in the same boat. I may buy all the optional parts if their is A REASON for me to do so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.