Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACADEMY New SB V2 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No, my problem is not with the savers, not at all ! The dogbones just CHEW in the outdrive, slotting it. I run a 6000mah lipo, mamba max and feigao 7t motor. Tons of amps. MUCH more amp draw than the brushed equivalent. The diffs are fine, I did go through a lot of them in the beginning. They were gluing together. But I realised after speaking with some guys at the track that I was not putting enough diff grease in there and that it was heating.

Scy
Old 01-16-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

DanGriffin: What ESC are you running in your SB V2? also, can you post some pics of it or links to it?

As for the outdrive savers, if you feel they are not needed thats fine, though, considering having "hopup" parts coming from MRC even if they really aren't needed isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some people just like to trick out there vehicle, and if knowing there are alot of hopups out there for the V2 helps increase the number of owners somehow, I am all for it as I really believe in the vehicle and the customer service that MRC provides, even if alot of the extras are more for show. Nothing wrong with having the best looking vehicle!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

I do use the plastic outdrive savers though. My esc is a mamba max esc with a feigao t7 motor.

I will post pics when I'm back home, right in the middle of Melbourne Florida right now.. hehe

Scy
Old 01-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

i would like to get a mamba max esc, just not sure what motors i can use with it and would need to be BRCA legal for the UK any ideas? who else has this esc in their sbv2? and races?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

The mamba max is a phenomenal little piece of technology. It will run brushed, brushless sensored and sensorless motors. As for your question, I suggest you start another thread or read on it in the brushless forums in forums.radiocontrolzone.com www.ultimarc.com etc etc...

Scy
Old 01-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The outdrive savers job is to stop the outdrives from expanding under load and shatter, and not to prevent outdrive wear. I run some serious motor in my car (7 turns and 8 turns) and have not had a diff problem yet. I do have some slight notches in the diff outdrives, but thats to be expected over time.

I also sugjest using some associated clear lube on the diff balls, and associated black grease on the thurst balls. Use a fairly good amount of clear lube on the diff balls, just wipe off the excess after the diffs are built. Compress the diff spring with pliers a few times before putting it in the outdrive. This will help the diff spring "set" to its normal length. Tighten the diff all the way down, then back it off 1/8 of a turn. Thats my normal setting and my diffs are silky smooth and have not melted/blown up ect.

Hope this helps in some way.

Glen Bean
Old 01-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Bean, when you screw the diffs in all the way. Do you mean that you actually compress the spring all the way then back 1/8 of a turn ? I just dont know when to stop screwing it in...
Old 01-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scyan
Bean, when you screw the diffs in all the way. Do you mean that you actually compress the spring all the way then back 1/8 of a turn ? I just dont know when to stop screwing it in...
Yep, you will feel the spring bottom out on you. Basicly just slowly crank down the diff bolt till you start to feel some resistance. Thats when you know the sping is fully compressed. Work the diff back and fort a few times then check the diff screw to make sure its fully tightened. Then just back the diff screw off about 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn. Usually 1/8 is pretty good.

Becarefull not to crank down too hard on the diff screw, or else you could break it. Just as you start to feel the screw getting hard to turn is plenty.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Apexs
i would like to get a mamba max esc, just not sure what motors i can use with it and would need to be BRCA legal for the UK any ideas? who else has this esc in their sbv2? and races?

You can use any ESC in the UK. Speedos dont need to be homologated. You will need to run a sensored motor though. As far as I'm led to believe all brushless motors will work with the Mamba Esc, and in a couple of years when sensorless becomes legal, we'll all be running sensorless motors so you wont need to upgrade your speedo
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vroomtshh
You can use any ESC in the UK. Speedos dont need to be homologated. You will need to run a sensored motor though. As far as I'm led to believe all brushless motors will work with the Mamba Esc, and in a couple of years when sensorless becomes legal, we'll all be running sensorless motors so you wont need to upgrade your speedo
im asking what motors will work with the esc that are brca legal, i will be getting the mamba max esc no matter what.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

I think you can program any brushed and brushless motor with the Mamba just find out whats legal and take a pick.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone have pics of there layouts?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 AM
jko
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cain, you mentioned there's an faq for the v1 buggy, where is that faq? I tried searching on google and couldn't find it.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The V1 FAQ was maintained by various owners on the rc10b4.com forum. I believe I have the last copy on my pc. Email me and I will send you the FAQ. It has info on common fixes for issues, alternate parts that fit as well as I believe what is necessary to go to a MIP CVD setup if you desire and have the older axle setup as well.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
I believe I have the last copy on my pc.
I don't think so... cause you sent it 2 me lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.