Wiki Posts
Search

TC6 vs TC5 or another car

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TC6 vs TC5 or another car

I currently have a Losi JRX-S mid motor. I have an indoor carpet track that I will be racing on. We are running 17.5 and 13.5 touring car with rubber tire. My current car is only .2 secs. off the current track record. The fastest car is a x-ray T3 (I think).

The reason for the thread is that as most of you know this is a very out dated car and parts support is getting harder; and I am thinking about getting a new car for this season. Some input would be great; the main focus is going to be parts support. Please post your thoughts and the reason why you choose the current car you have.

Thank you

Chris
Old 03-11-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you have to decide between TC5 & TC6, the TC6 is definetly the better car. It is worth every dollar and behaves much better than the TC5. So this decision is easy (for details read the TC6 thread).
If you have to decide between TC6, T3'2011, TCX, etc. the decision is not easy. All of the actual Lipo cars are on the same performance level, but the prices are very different. I will not repeat every argument (make up your own opinion e.g. by reading the thread "TC6 vs. T3").

In the end your decision should include: Spare parts availability, overall costs, what your friends at track drive (again spare parts and setup tips), which color you like most
Old 03-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

right i got very disappointed as ae part's is less
i still run tc3 and tc4 until now
in indonesia, since thunder tiger,
or maybe the Distributors spinx is disturbing our community,
ae
having difficulties to get the ae part's.
i still want's tc3&tc4 part's..

please ae, supply to this distributor's.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Tech Champion

Go for what your budget can manage...

If it can stretch to the tc6, do it as it won't be outdated as quickly, which is the main reason why you are buying a new chassis now
Old 03-11-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

The TC6 is better than the TC5. It is probably worth an extra $100 but it really depends on what your budget is.

I wrote a post on my experiences with the TC5 and TC6 in the Team Associated TC6 thread, so you can check that out if you are interested.

Regards

Neal
Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChrisR40
I currently have a Losi JRX-S mid motor. I have an indoor carpet track that I will be racing on. We are running 17.5 and 13.5 touring car with rubber tire. My current car is only .2 secs. off the current track record. The fastest car is a x-ray T3 (I think).

The reason for the thread is that as most of you know this is a very out dated car and parts support is getting harder; and I am thinking about getting a new car for this season. Some input would be great; the main focus is going to be parts support. Please post your thoughts and the reason why you choose the current car you have.

Thank you

Chris
I find myself in a similar situation , running a Xray T1 FK . Why not stick with it if you like the Losi ? I think I am on the pace with my old car , since a big part of sucess is in the preparation . For me these old cars have much more charm , and if you ask me the face of a Associated TC6 owner asking himself how he can't beat a 7-year-old car is priceless . Try real hard to get new drivetrain parts ( belts , spurs , pulleys , ... ) and you will be very happy with the result !
Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Try real hard to get new drivetrain parts ( belts , spurs , pulleys , ... ) and you will be very happy with the result !
ebay can be good for getting a complete roller for spares, if you decide to go down this route
Old 03-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you

Chris
i can't see any good reason to change.....losi parts supply is good in web store....If you talk about parts supply by local hobby shop, then you already have answer.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

3 letters for u T.O.P cheap,easy to set up available anywhere in the usa online. And is fast as any car . All the top guys r great to deal with also
Old 03-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Chris,

Go ahead and get the TC6 that way you can help me set mine up!

You got it.

James
Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thank you for all of the replys. I would keep the old Losi but it is hard to shoe horn a lipo battery into the car; it can be done and I have done it, just not wanting to anymore. Yes, it is funny to see a guys face when he looks at your car and ask "What is that" and you can keep up with his new car. I just think that at this time it is time to sell the losi and look at getting a new car, you know stir the gravy to keep it from lumping.

I will look at getting either a TC5 or TC6 and will look over the recommended threads.

James, you cannot be helped. Just kidding buddy. We will have to get Brent to get a TC6 and take his setup.

Once again, Thank you for the replys.

Chris
Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

James, you cannot be helped. Just kidding buddy. We will have to get Brent to get a TC6 and take his setup.

Chris
It will not be my setup, it will be Keven Hebert setup
Old 03-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Well, you know that I'm going to recommend the Photon. But... if your choice is between the TC6 or TC5, I would recommend the TC6. I had a TC5 at one point and hated it. We have several successful TC6s at our track and they work very well. The only TC5s we have are currently struggling in the VTA class.