Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

I just assembled a EVO2 2003 using the PB, not the C-hubs. After running PB in my nitro cars and C-hubs in my old electric cars, I just cannot see any reason why C-hubs would be better. Can anybody please explain why anybody would prefer C-hubs over PB?
Old 03-20-2003, 02:49 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think PB is a better suspension system overall (although a bit overkill for electric), but the C-hub suspension changes the geometry of the car which makes it better suited for high traction conditions (not just carpet). So going to C-hubs is not because it's a better suspension system, but because the handling characteristics of it compared to PB can be better under certain conditions.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Ok. But what about the geometry is changed?
Old 03-20-2003, 03:28 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Geometry might be the wrong word, but the handling characterisitcs are different. I have not been able to find out exactly why it's different, only how it's different--maybe someone else here knows the why answer...
Old 03-20-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

With 2898 posts-I am NOT reading from the beginning!!!! But I did just buy a Xrayevo2 C-hub car and would like to see a few set-ups for carpet on-road. Especially set-ups from Team drivers at Snobirds, Champs and Nats. AAnybody know where those set-ups are? Ill try MyTSN for starters, but any others???

BTW-I'll warn you guys now-I ask a lot of questions-but on the plus side-once I get a handle on a base set-up-I try to offer good advice as well!!!

Ray
Old 03-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

This mean the evo is long gone??? lol

Jeff
Old 03-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Ray there are all kinds of setups at the mytsn site. Including Ralph, Marcus, and Giles from the snowbirds and all the other big races. I ran the clevland setup a few weeks ago on carpet with foams and it was awsome!! I think once you get some time on the car you will really love it. Its great on carpet and asphalt.

When the new pulleys come out the cars drivetrain really frees up. I checked out Ron's car at the Snowbirds and spun....It spun for about 10-12 seconds before it stopped. And that wasnt even a hard spin I was just messing with it and didnt even know about the pulleys.

eric a
Old 03-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What new pulleys are these? is there anywhere that has more info.

I remember a long time back someone playing around with a different IR.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

There have only been 5 sets made thus far. It does change the drive ratio from 2.15 to 1.77. The layshaft pully is 2 teeth bigger and the diff pulleys are 2 teeth smaller I believe. They were made by someone over seas for Hudy to test with. Currently they are testing differnt sizes to see what the optimum drive ratio would be. By making the layshft pulley bigger you increase the wrap of the belt therefor making it turn easier because the belt isnt at as sharp an angle. Once they decide on the final sizes it will take about 45 days to make it over here.

Also Xray has a new team driver in the US. Im sure it will be posted soon as to who it is.

eric a
Old 03-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

EAM-yeah the new team driver is me!!!! Sorry_ stole your thunder!! NOT

Jeff Werner-I have driven a lot of cars these past three months and i think I got them all very good-so I see the evo 3 as another step in my self eductaion on real life tuning!!! Unlike too many guys who take everything as fact because they read it here (as I did for years)-this year I have tested and tested and tested!!!

It all came together on the evo3 as I made changes to it one by one and it got faster every time-and easier to drive!! I am proud of that!!!

Its funny as three months ago I said I would never get a xray because I wouldnt know what to change on it if it wasn't right. Now I cannot wait to have all the tunability it has!!!

Ray
Old 03-20-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sounds good, from memory it think it was RW racing, they make pullies for the mission and apparently they make a huge difference in the performance. hopefully they do the same to the sexray.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Ray, Are you running at HobbyStop this weekend? I have heard through the grapevine that there will be some Cleveland guys there. There are some Columbus guys making the trip also. My C-hub suspension is being delivered today so I have some things to try but I will Email you the set up Rob Love gave for stock with the pivot ball front and c-hub rear. As you can imagine it is totally dialed. I just need to figure out the motor/battery thing.

Jason Longbrake
Old 03-21-2003, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey jbrake

could you email me that set up
thanks
[email protected]
Old 03-21-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Jason-I got your e-mail, but couldn't reply-so here goes-Thanks!!!!

I am taking the weekend off!! Aaron, Jim and I run the NORCAR track and were burned out!!! Next month we start running on Tuesday nights and almost every weekend we race gas cars....

My X-ray should be here on Tuesday. I hope have time to put the electronics in it and run it that night!!! I'm like a kid in a candy store!!!
Old 03-21-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Rumor on the schumacher site is that the new X-ray driver will be former Team Schumacher Driver Alex Lopez. He has done real well for Schumacher and will be a good addition the Team X-Ray if rumors are true.

Ray, your post makes me want to get my Mission back out of the box that I was selling...lol I started to tun it and the lure of my setup losi was to great...I needed to stick with it longer but you know how it is when your buddies hand you a great setup and you are 5-7 secs faster it is tuff to stay different...maybe I will return the dudes money and look to sell my NIB G+...lol

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.