Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ROAR, your incompetence is showing again... >

ROAR, your incompetence is showing again...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR, your incompetence is showing again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dawn, I'm sorry to hear you are not going to be a ROAR official anymore. You are one of the VERY FEW ROAR "posse" who tried to answer some of the complaints/concerns racers have posted. dgullickson already made this point and I agree.

Now comes the "crap", some one posted a note saying that if "You want to change ROAR then join get involved". If Dawn is tired of the job why in hell would anyone else want it?

I went back and looked at Dawn's posting concerning ROAR and realized that she was trying to answer peoples concerns/questions as much as possible.
Is she is tired of all the crap then is then who will step forward and take her place?

And the comment about not being some one's secratary... Nothing wrong with that!!!!!!!!!! A *PERFECT* comment... And you told him *WHO* to send mail to...

ROAR lose's a champion and this means ROAR will continue to to the ENRON of the RC world.....
Old 10-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Seems Jamescam knows all the right questions and answers.I have a question - what is your name and where are you from?
Since you are curious I am from Dallas, TX and my first name shouldn't be that hard to figure out. I'd give more info but I already have a Victoria Secrets magazine subscription
Old 10-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was only mentioning that Peter had options to check on his address -rather than starting this rather rude topic.
He could have found other more mature ways to find out answers. But hey, he's your employee and you're running for regional director.

ROAR is going thru some changes and hopefully will be for the better. They are not and never will be the answer to all the problems in racing. The majority of the problems are from racers, manufactureres, track owners, spectators, hmmm, did I leave anyone out?
But we're all in this for one thing-to improve racing- we all have to find new ways-not how it was 10, 15 years ago. How it is now and what will make it better.

Those who got their ballots-vote-if you didn't get a ballot-find out the right way to get one.
There are also other elections in this nation-I hope all of you are registered for that election and take the time to voice your opinion that way too.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

If you didnt get your Rev up so you can vote e-mail Fred Hohwart at [email protected]. I know this e-mail works for him as I have been in contact with him here and there via e-mail and he usually responded within 24 hours.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver
There are also other elections in this nation-I hope all of you are registered for that election and take the time to voice your opinion that way too.
Probably the truest/most important thing said in this thread.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EddieO
No....we didn't have a list. I asked for one and never got a response.....
Eddie, The track manager, can't remember his name, sent me an email on Thursday evening requesting a list, I forwarded that email to Fred Hohwart, who handles the lists and I received an email from the track manager the next day stating thank you.

the list was requested less than four days to the event to Mark Taylor... and I got involved and got the list to the track.

Of course, nobody told me they didn't get the list, I assumed the 'thank you' was verification of receipt of the list.

If you never received the list, I do apologize and I can't understand that as it was sent via email and paper mail.

Dawn
Old 10-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default ROAR

i just have to post my $.02 since everyone else is.

Although i am not involved with ROAR and will not be involved with ROAR, i do give credit to those involved and volunteering for their assistance. I also commend them for putting up with all the bullshit that people post on the internet about.

Since i have been a roar member, i have always gotten the Rev-Up letter that i rarely read because i am a club racer for the most part and could give two shits about a lot of things.

I also now understand, why ROAR is hurting, because of all the political bullshit that i see and hear from any race i go to, which isnt just one club race here and there. On top of all the bullshit that is on the internet. Who would honestly in their right mind, want to volunteer for to help a hobby and constantly get attacked for what they are doing? No way in hell would someone like myself want to be under that kind of scrutiny for an organization of a hobby i enjoy. If I did, I would probably get out of the hobby. It is amazing how many people want to kick, scream and complain over the littlest things.

I thought Dawn's original response about people bitching and moaning, was perfect!! I also loved the response about the secretary!!! Do i know Dawn? and i dont care too, but thats not the point. To the gentleman that talked about proper language; well i am not a english major, and I don't write the best, however i am and have been a success in business and there are several things i believe in. those are my beliefs. one of which is standing up for whats right and also being BLUNT AND HONEST.... If people are bitching and moaning or complaining, call that person out on it... if you lose a customer, you didnt want them anyways.. I fortunately have had the opportunity to do that and continue to with no consequence's and in fact been advanced for it. I also practice that in my own business that i have. i believe we need more people to do that on a regular basis in all areas of life... The whole "customer is always right" bullshit, is just that. you can and never will be able to appeal to a whole.

Do i see some things that i would want to change in ROAR? YES! Do I understand a lot of what pisses people off? YES! Do I understand the retarded rule changes(such as oval/which i dont race) which is just one example? NO! Am i willing to step up for Roar? NO, i am a club racer, and i would honestly piss off all the whiners if i did..

i guess i have a question for all of you people that are more involved, if Roar was able to maintain a set of rules(not start making up new ones) and actually stick to those rules, how many people is that, then going to piss off...One thing i dont agree with is for all new rules or amendments.. I agree with them for advancements in technology;such as batteries, motors, brushless, brushed etc etc etc.. But if ROAR really stuck tothe rules, are we going to see as much bitching and complaining? Or is it because ROAR, doesnt stick to the rules that gets everyone bitching?

One last comment. Its funny i am locally involved in politics in my area and find it humorous that there is more politics for a hobby, than tere is for a local community.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

To answer the latter part of your coment, I think it's roar's abilty to be consistantly inconsistant. The rules have to much grey area, leaving to much room for interpretation. They tend to change the rules on the fly. Brushless motors that are in the proto stage ring a bell? 1/8 offroad nats host? 2 stage tires? Bodies? Carpet nats turning away spectators? etc. etc. etc...

The whole thing with the 2 stage tire makes no sense. Read the rules for foams, are they legal or illegal? I can see it either way. How about the TC 19t rules, I don't believe ( I could be wrong ) there are any roar submitted 19t motors. So how can we have a 19t class?

Rant over!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
The rules have to much grey area, leaving to much room for interpretation.
I tend to agree.... the rule book is in constant revision and luckily we have made some great strides with the new format. although, there are still some areas that need work.

Brushless motors that are in the proto stage ring a bell? 1/8 offroad nats host? 2 stage tires? Bodies? Carpet nats turning away spectators? etc. etc. etc...
Not sure what you are referring to regarding the 1/8 off road nats host. I feel for the one track who has bid twice now and not received the event although, the internet propaganda only hurts the event in 2006.

Carpet Nats turning away spectators? Ok, this was the host that apparently did this. ROAR had no knowledge of this matter until after the fact and the track is now no longer an affiliate.

2 stage tires? They are considered capped. Not legal. Where were they run?

How about the TC 19t rules, I don't believe ( I could be wrong ) there are any roar submitted 19t motors. So how can we have a 19t class?
Yes, Trinity.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Do i know Dawn? and i dont care too,
sniffle.....

but thank you for your words.

I think I could have used better terminology yesterday and could have been a tad nicer. I regret my attitude yesterday. I have normally been very P.C. and sometimes its hard to maintain that level of control in my words.

Although, the comment, "see to it I receive mine..." or whatever really did set me off.... my bad.

Dawn
Old 10-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Dawn....GOOD LUCK to you thanks for all your HELP!!!

What's really sad is your resignation won't change ROAR....ROAR isn't on the losing end of the stick, the membership is losing somone who was fully comitted to them...the sad part is they don't even see it!!!

Keep in touch...go out and have fun racing
Old 10-27-2005, 10:32 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jamescam - my point with you is that clearly and admittedly you haven't been involved in such issues and debates about Roar for very long. You are simply rehashing bad points about roar that have been debated and bashed for months or years. With only a couple exceptions you've not offered feasible alternatives or solutions to legitimate issues but rather keep pointing out the problems which , color me crazy, is not making a suggestion but rather a complaint. There are plenty of people continually pointing out the problems with Roar, occasionally accompanied by suggestions to constructively change but more often accompanied by pompous displays of keyboard courage. I'm on the electric onroad committee, and can tell you that the issues you see on these forums are only a scratch on the surface of the potential and often needed improvements with Roar as an organization. Generally the things you'll see on these forums pertain to issues with events, not receiving revup, and poor communication. People get crafty with their complaints and present them in many forms but the majority of the time each will fall into one of the categories above. And like I've said, consistently complaining about things over and over does little more than perpetuate the bashing of the organization and the perception that all things Roar are bad corrupt and wrong. Thats not the case. I have no issues with people pointing out poor processes within Roar as you imply is the case with anyone that states positive things about Roar. I merely take one of the proper roads to getting my suggestions considered, starting with actually making constructive accountable suggestions as opposed to just pointing out problems. I also don't riddle the issue with the bashing so common on these forums.

Dawn - you have PM on the way.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Umm, 2 stage tires are not considered capped and they are legal.....at least thats what everyone was just recently told in the Jaco tire thread.....

Mr Bill from the cleveland race made the decision they were capped.....and has since now allowed them since hearing ROAR made a ruling on them.

As for where they were ran? Umm.....Pretty much every carpet event over the last two years (including ROAR nats)...

And Trinity C2 is actually an approved 19t motor now.....

Later EddieO
Old 10-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Umm, 2 stage tires are not considered capped and they are legal.....at least thats what everyone was just recently told in the Jaco tire thread.....

Mr Bill from the cleveland race made the decision they were capped.....and has since now allowed them since hearing ROAR made a ruling on them.

As for where they were ran? Umm.....Pretty much every carpet event over the last two years (including ROAR nats)...

And Trinity C2 is actually an approved 19t motor now.....

Later EddieO
I'm missing your point?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Hmm... I'm doing some checking. This is NOT how I recall the conversation regarding this topic.. but I'm a DOLT with on road equipment... LOL

If I am incorrect - please, allow my apology to end this conversation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.