Savoya on the move ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savoya on the move ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

look at neobuggy.. he left on good terms....
Old 09-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

I think Reno's biggest issue this year was leaving hist father as mechanic. Too many changes for a single season...

Originally Posted by bigmane42
because durango is just not winning.
You might want to check that again.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
Well good, make sure to tell all of them that Caster is looking for 1 major driver for 2012.
Reno would probably do great at Caster, because it's like his old Mugen
Old 09-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drs92
Reno would probably do great at Caster, because it's like his old Mugen
Minus the quality.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why would one go backwards?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

The Sworkz folks say they have big driver news to share in the next couple days, with that car so mugen like it might be a great fit!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
The Sworkz folks say they have big driver news to share in the next couple days, with that car so mugen like it might be a great fit!
That would be funny, since in the discussion where he would go pre-durango several of us assumed sworks back then. Savoya would be better served getting his career advice from RCtech threads.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Savoya Spent a year here In Australia and helped alot of our fast guys become even faster.
Kyle McBride the Aussy champ was also a Mugen driver who went over to TD and he's still kickin A$$ and winning more than ever.

Maybe the car isnt suited to Reno I dont know Maybe its personal issues I dont know.

But If the Aussy champ who is 15 by the way can step out of mugen and into durango and still kick serious but It makes you wonder..
Old 09-07-2011, 01:54 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trugsta
Savoya Spent a year here In Australia and helped alot of our fast guys become even faster.
Kyle McBride the Aussy champ was also a Mugen driver who went over to TD and he's still kickin A$$ and winning more than ever.

Maybe the car isnt suited to Reno I dont know Maybe its personal issues I dont know.

But If the Aussy champ who is 15 by the way can step out of mugen and into durango and still kick serious but It makes you wonder..
McBride is the only true pro driver out there.. he can win with Toys R Us buggy..
he is doing ok but, i don't think that he will achive the same results, if they were to run the world champ race again next weekend at the same track.. I think McBride will still perform better with the Mugen.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Trugsta

+1
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Minus the quality.
Ask Hara about that with his big win a couple of years ago.

Caster is not anything like it used to be either.

But considering a lot of other brands are not able to stay together for a whole race, ours can.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Why would one go backwards?
Define backwards.

To a smaller company? Then yes that would be backwards.

To a lesser car? Maybe. We don't need a Tresrey and our cars stay together now. To be honest, I think Team Durango set companies like Agama, Caster, Sworkz, JQ back about 5 years with what they did to the market.

We will see what happens. As the market continues to implode and the recession hits, some of these guys might beg to be on someone's payroll and I know if they can win with a Mugen, they can win with a Caster.

Personally I don't think Savoya would be the right fit. I need someone more "US based" that is well known.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

I think that Reno is going for Tamiya, It makes sence since he is already practicing his new car,Tamiya is going to present BIG news soon, They need a dominant driver in their Off-Road Nitro division, and just ended his contract with TD. Think about it, and yes i now Lee Martin is great but don't has Renos skill in Nitro just my opinion...
Old 09-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Elli
I think that Reno is going for Tamiya, It makes sence since he is already practicing his new car,Tamiya is going to present BIG news soon, They need a dominant driver in their Off-Road Nitro division, and just ended his contract with TD. Think about it, and yes i now Lee Martin is great but don't has Renos skill in Nitro just my opinion...
Always wondered about the 801X platform. Everytime I have seen one and even drove one of the truggy's it was absolutely awesome.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Always wondered about the 801X platform. Everytime I have seen one and even drove one of the truggy's it was absolutely awesome.
Agreed never seen it live, but on vid. It seems very good to bad we have poor Tamiya competiton car's support here in Norway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.