Like Tree21Likes

RIDE & SHIMIZU F1 RUBBER TIRES

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by freakyfreakyflo
i see different thickness glues out there. would viscosity help the glue set better?
I usually use the tire glue below, and it works great.

Strong Tire Glue TypeA(Fast type 5-7sec)

Spot Nozzles for Instant Glue

Thanks.

Last edited by spring71; 06-06-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by eComet
As far as I know, based on the explanation from Pit Shimizu, the 1 series is for carpet and well-prepared surface, while the 3 series is for unprepared and dustry surface.

Here is the description from Shimizu.

The F1R1 and the F3R3 compound cannot compare, as raw materials of
rubber is directly different. It is necessary to use it properly according to the course.

F3R3 : Carpet and Rough conditions.
R2: Carpet and Oil Surface
F1R1 : Most asphalt road and the special pavement road

I found R1 soft rear gets less buildups from the carpet and traction last longer than R3. So, I asked Shimizu again about the compound and below is the answer from Shimizu.

F3R3 and F1R1 : At our racing field, we recommend to use F3R3 for carpet and rough conditions. Perhaps, the basic field confiditon between japan and states are different. In addition, we heard US users use high torque/power brushless motor. As the result, tires are heat-up on the such field. To avoid heat-up, we recoomend to put thin inserts.

I think Shimizu F1R1 and F3R3 is different compound, and both work great like Sweep EXP and QTS.

EXP and QTS has different rubber compound, both work great.

FYI.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

what is the rating for these?
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tir...l?cPath=35_958

what is the difference between the f3 and the f3s?

thanks
Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by kneedeeppow
what is the rating for these?
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tir...l?cPath=35_958

what is the difference between the f3 and the f3s?

thanks
F3 has two different compounds.

F104 Rubber:
PS-0577 F3-Medium
PS-0574 F3-Soft

F103 Rubber:
PS-0547 F3 Medium
PS-0544 F3 Soft

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Ride, Shimizu, Speed passion and integy products are on sale....

Click here to see the on sale items

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spring71
Ride, Shimizu, Speed passion and integy products are on sale....

Click here to see the on sale items

Thanks.
Good deal .......
Old 06-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Post Tire Test at Tamiya America 06/18/2011 Sunny

Thanks to Spring71 for letting me try out all the Pit Shimizu tires. I went to Tamiya America (unprepared, medium-low grip) to test out the tires and below is my observations:

Chassis: Tamiya F104 PRO Black Special
Setup: Soft T-Bar, Soft Front-Springs Right-Height 5mm All-Round, No Friction Plate, Muchmore 400 Oil, Tamiya Soft Black Srping
Powerplant: Team Orion Vortex Pro 21.5 Max Motor Timing, KO PROP BLZ ESC
Transmission: Spur 93 Pinion 36 (slightly overgeared to reduce acceleration)
Radio: KO PROPO Eurus, Steering Curve -25%, Throttle Curve -50%, Brake EPA 60%
Weather: Sunny, Slightly Windy, 70-75F

Note: Each test was only ran around 3-5 laps to get a feel for the initial impression. No tire sauce was applied to keep the test consistent.

Steering: 1-5 (Oversteer - Understeer) Based on steering input.
Stability: 1-5 (Unstable - Stable) Driving down the straight.
Braking: 1-5 (Unstable - Stable) Full brake applied before the first U-turn.
Feel: 1-5 (Floaty - Sticky) The impression and bounciness of the car.

Test 1: Pit Shimizu F1-S R1 (used)
Steering: 1
Stability: 3
Braking: 1
Feel: 3

Test 2: Pit Shimizu F1-M R1 (used)
Steering: 2
Stability: 4
Braking: 2
Feel: 4

Test 3: Pit Shimizu F1-M R1-H
Steering: 3
Stability: 5
Braking: 3
Feel: 5

Test 4: Pit Shimizu F1-S R1-H

Test 5: Ride S1 (Front) S1 (Rear)
Feel: 2

Test 6: Tamiya Hard (Front) Soft without Insert (Rear)

Past Test: F3 R3-S
Steering: 5
Braking: 5

Conclusion: The new Pit Shimizu R1-H seemed to grip better than my used R1 (medium), but I am not sure if it's because that the my used R1 has already lost its grip. The fair comparison would be to use a new set of R1 and R1-H for the test. Note that the R1 and R1-H have thinner inserts than the R3 and R3-S. Next, I plan to test different combo out again using 3-series tires, and then finally, mix and match.

Stay tuned.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Thanks to Spring71 for letting me try out all the Pit Shimizu tires. I went to Tamiya America (unprepared, medium-low grip) to test out the tires and below is my observations:

Setup: Soft T-Bar, Soft Front-Springs Right-Height 5mm All-Round, No Friction Plate, Muchmore 400 Oil, Tamiya Soft Black Srping

Note: Each test was only ran around 3-5 laps to get a feel for the initial impression. No tire sauce was applied to keep the test consistent.

Test 1: Pit Shimizu F1-S R1 (used)
Steering: 1
Braking: 1

Test 2: Pit Shimizu F1-M R1 (used)

Test 3: Pit Shimizu F1-M R1-H

Test 4: Pit Shimizu F1-S R1-H

Test 5: Ride S1 (Front) S1 (Rear)
Feel: 2

Test 6: Tamiya Hard (Front) Soft without Insert (Rear)

Conclusion: The new Pit Shimizu R1-H seemed to grip better than my used R1 (medium), but I am not sure if it's because that the my used R1 has already lost its grip. The fair comparison would be to use a new set of R1 and R1-H for the test. Note that the R1 and R1-H have thinner inserts than the R3 and R3-S. Next, I plan to test different combo out again using 3-series tires, and then finally, mix and match.

Stay tuned.
Great job Alan.

Looking forward to next test...
Old 06-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Lightbulb Update on the Pit Shimizu F1 R1-H at King of Cal

Over the past weekend, I raced at Cal Raceway with the Pit Shimizu F1 and R1-H compound.

King of Cal Race
The track grip varies in grip level because of the syrup sprayed. In the morning when temperature is cool, the grip is decent. However, grip goes down as temperature increased. Almost everyone lost a great amount of grip in the afternoon when the track temperature is the highest. But the grip picked up when sun was setting, and since the race ended very late at night, grip became incredible at the end of the day.

The Test
I did not change any setup since the last tire test at Tamiya. I do not want the chassis variable to affect the tire test. Additionally, this is the first time the R1-H was being put to real racing test, not just 5 laps while the tire was still like-new.

Morning Practice
Time: 10 AM
Temperature: Cool
Grip: Medium
Put some Buggy Grip to soften the tires and once dry, I went out for some test laps. The initial impression was that the R1-H does remove a lot of the understeering problem the soft R1 has. The car still had some understeering issue if pushed too hard.
Overall: Mild understeer.

Qualify
Time: 12 PM
Temperature: Warm
Grip: Medium-Low
Instead of Buggy-Grip, I used some Jack the Gripper since the former already softened-up the tires considerably. Went out to quality but the grip level reduced quite a bit from the first practice. Since this is only a 5 lap qualifying, there was no apparent overheating issue with the tires.
Overall: Moderate Understeer

A Main 1
Time: 4 PM
Temperature: Hot
Grip: Low
Again, went out with some Jack the Gripper. Since the heat was at the end of the heats, and the track temperature had picked up considerably, everyone was having difficulties driving their cars. Many of them either understeer or oversteer like crazy. However, with low grip, understeering car would be easier to drive with the use of heavier braking. The F1 R1-H combo fell into the understeering category. But I was still able to out-turn many other F1 cars at the carrousel. Since grip is low plus the track is relatively bumpy, if not careful on the throttle, the car could still spin exiting the corners.
Overall: Understeer, no overheating throughout the race.

A Main 2
Time: 7 PM
Some Jack the Gripper before going out again. Grip was better than the searing afternoon. The car now drove like during qualifying.
Overall: Mild oversteer, no overheating throughout the race.

A Main 3
Time: 9 PM
Temerature: Very Cool
Grip: High
The was the last race. The temerature was very cool and the track now had considerble amount of grip. The car now is pretty much stuck on the track but the steering became way to sensitive to directional changes. I felt that I was driving on carpet with this combo when the track grip was high. I even had to run -75% steering exponential to reduce the sensitivity. Car was nervous but not twitchy.
Overall: Neutral

Conclusion
The Pit Shimizu F1 R1-H combo proved to be a great combination for F104. I knew a lot of drivers are complaining about lack of steering with the F1 R1 (soft) combo. I can pretty much confirm that this is by far the best combination for me. Additionally, after a day of race the R1-H seemed to hold up to the abuse pretty well. The R1 (soft) could not take this kind of beating before developing the ring of death quickly. Also, there was no apparent overheating from the R1-H throughout the day. This combo transforms the "Severe Understeer" of F1 R1 to "Mild Understeer" of F1 R1-H. I highly recommend anyone to try them out. They can be purchased from TQ RC Racing.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Over the past weekend, I raced at Cal Raceway with the Pit Shimizu F1 and R1-H compound.

King of Cal Race
The track grip varies in grip level because of the syrup sprayed. In the morning when temperature is cool, the grip is decent. However, grip goes down as temperature increased. Almost everyone lost a great amount of grip in the afternoon when the track temperature is the highest. But the grip picked up when sun was setting, and since the race ended very late at night, grip became incredible at the end of the day.

The Test
I did not change any setup since the last tire test at Tamiya. I do not want the chassis variable to affect the tire test. Additionally, this is the first time the R1-H was being put to real racing test, not just 5 laps while the tire was still like-new.

Morning Practice
Time: 10 AM
Temperature: Cool
Grip: Medium
Put some Buggy Grip to soften the tires and once dry, I went out for some test laps. The initial impression was that the R1-H does remove a lot of the understeering problem the soft R1 has. The car still had some understeering issue if pushed too hard.
Overall: Mild understeer.

Qualify
Time: 12 PM
Instead of Buggy-Grip, I used some Jack the Gripper since the former already softened-up the tires considerably. Went out to quality but the grip level reduced quite a bit from the first practice. Since this is only a 5 lap qualifying, there was no apparent overheating issue with the tires.
Overall: Moderate Understeer

A Main 1
Time: 4 PM
Temperature: Hot
Grip: Low
Again, went out with some Jack the Gripper. Since the heat was at the end of the heats, and the track temperature had picked up considerably, everyone was having difficulties driving their cars. Many of them either understeer or oversteer like crazy. However, with low grip, understeering car would be easier to drive with the use of heavier braking. The F1 R1-H combo fell into the understeering category. But I was still able to out-turn many other F1 cars at the carrousel. Since grip is low plus the track is relatively bumpy, if not careful on the throttle, the car could still spin exiting the corners.
Overall: Understeer, no overheating throughout the race.

A Main 2
Time: 7 PM
Some Jack the Gripper before going out again. Grip was better than the searing afternoon. The car now drove like during qualifying.
Overall: Mild oversteer, no overheating throughout the race.

A Main 3
Time: 9 PM
Temerature: Very Cool
Grip: High
The was the last race. The temerature was very cool and the track now had considerble amount of grip. The car now is pretty much stuck on the track but the steering became way to sensitive to directional changes. I felt that I was driving on carpet with this combo when the track grip was high. I even had to run -75% steering exponential to reduce the sensitivity. Car was nervous but not twitchy.
Overall: Neutral

Conclusion
The Pit Shimizu F1 R1-H combo proved to be a great combination for F104. I knew a lot of drivers are complaining about lack of steering with the F1 R1 (soft) combo. I can pretty much confirm that this is by far the best combination for me. Additionally, after a day of race the R1-H seemed to hold up to the abuse pretty well. The R1 (soft) could not take this kind of beating before developing the ring of death quickly. Also, there was no apparent overheating from the R1-H throughout the day. This combo transforms the "Severe Understeer" of F1 R1 to "Mild Understeer" of F1 R1-H. I highly recommend anyone to try them out. They can be purchased from TQ RC Racing.
That's interesting result.

I'll stock R1 Hard compound. I still have some sample tires for F104 and F103.

I'll bring them out for you guys on the F1 race day for testing.

Thanks Alan.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Who's going to the IIC Race in Vegas this year ?

I was talking to a group of folks this past weekend who are all going and the idea of running F1's as a 2nd class came up... Turns out Hiro knows Scotty... Hiro contacted Scotty... and here's the deal...

Scotty is willing to have a F1 rubber class if we can get 20 entries... This is totally doable considering people will be coming from around the Country...

So If your going to IIC this year and want to run F1 rubber, please add your name to this list and lets see if we can get 20.... Only put your name if your intending to go, writing your name down just to help the cause wont help Scotty gauge the turnout...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ll-so-cal.html

I see a lot of practicing at TQ this September in preparation for this race
Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default PS-0572

Just wanted to mention a new rear compound PS-0572 I tried out today... Alan was kind enough to lend me the set... Sean at TQ I believe was given this set to test by Shimizu... anyways...

Originally when I started testing 104 rubber a while back I settled on PS-0575 rears with PS-0577 fronts... I felt it gave me the best overall balance, under-steer for sure, but very easy to drive and I just adjusted my driving style for the push...

I then realized that I could get faster lap times by using the PS-0573 fronts which gave me more steering, but also made the car a little on edge... Even though I was getting faster lap times the constant focus required to drive the car wasn't very enjoyable...

Today at the track 3 of us who all run the same tire combo on our cars all had the chance to try this PS-0572 ... All of us without exception preferred the PS-0572 with the PS-0573 fronts... For me personally, the car felt really well balanced, I had very good steering with just a very mild under-steer... The car was easy to drive, and I was getting my best lap times from any tire combo I've tried to date...

Another great thing about this tire is the sidewalls are stiffer then the PS-0575 which used to get damaged pretty easily... and the wear is way better... At the end of today you can still see and feel the center line on the tire... I'm not even sure how much Alan drove on this set...Better performance and looks like better wear...

Unfortunately this tire isn't available yet, but Sean will for sure be stocking them....

Anyone who has a 104 should definitely try out this combo...
Old 07-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Shimizu R1-Hard tires for F104 and F103 are available at TQ.

Click here to see the new arrivals.

Thank you Alan and Charles for testing the new compounds.

Great to here that there will be F1 class at 2011 IIC Las Vegas.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Only one "3" compound combo was listed in the test report that posted by eComet but i wanted to share my experience from the last UF1. I ran following combo in A3 and worked very well. (It's the best Pit Shimizu tire combo so far for me)

PS-0574 F3 Soft
PS-0578 R3 Medium

You need to be very easy on the steering but this combo has a lot of turn in. I also figured when i off the throttle very slow and smooth, the car still runs stable even for turn-in. I think lowering the out side of upper front arm helps too for this.

Highly recommended.

Hiro
Old 07-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Only one "3" compound combo was listed in the test report that posted by eComet but i wanted to share my experience from the last UF1. I ran following combo in A3 and worked very well. (It's the best Pit Shimizu tire combo so far for me)

PS-0574 F3 Soft
PS-0578 R3 Medium

You need to be very easy on the steering but this combo has a lot of turn in. I also figured when i off the throttle very slow and smooth, the car still runs stable even for turn-in. I think lowering the out side of upper front arm helps too for this.

Highly recommended.

Hiro
Thank you Hiro for sharing your review & tip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.