Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hey racenut,

Have been a little consumed since the Regional, but I am going to make it out again soon. Can't wait to run with you guys again..and you! An Xray even! Nice! What chassis are you running?

See ya soon!

Originally posted by racenut123
Hummmm.

My car is equally fast in 19turn as its is in stock.Ask those who have been victims of my FK recently on carpet ans asphalt.

Where the heck have you been Stu? I finally got my Fk going and its abosolutely insanely dialed and you don't show up to Gilroy anymore?Kevin and I have been battling it out on Friday recently.Hope to see you soon.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

btw - did a complete rebuild yesterday and the car was in pretty good shape. But, I had a number of ball bearings which had biten the dust. Anyone replacing the stock bearings with ceramic ones? seeing any benefit?
Old 11-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by xxxkat
I like my Xray in 19 turn but I cant seem to get it up to speed in stock.. I win and TQ with my "other" car in stock,so I know it's not my motors or batterys,I'm using the low ratio pullys and the short arms,I also use the 3mm belts.The drive train seems free,It's driving me crazy,It should be alot faster than it is.The track is med./small parking lot track,med. to hi bite,Any Ideas ????
oh, forgot to mention that I also ran my belts really loose in stock. I have them at the second from the most loose setting both front and rear. You might also give this a try.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks guy's,I will try to free up the rear by going with less toe on the rear,I have run the ceramics on some other cars and I would think that they would work even better on an Xray..esp. the bearings on the top shaft..
Old 11-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by kaizen
btw - did a complete rebuild yesterday and the car was in pretty good shape. But, I had a number of ball bearings which had biten the dust. Anyone replacing the stock bearings with ceramic ones? seeing any benefit?
I replaced my bearings with Acer’s ceramic bearings. They work fairly well but I don’t think they are that much better than the stock ones because the stock ones are so good. For the money I would stay with the stock bearings. The one place that they do make sense is on the lay shaft, as xxxkat suggested.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Scrad- You obviously didnt have the right setup on it, if you think its not as good as the TC4 with foams
Old 11-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

racenut,

What spring comb you using for 19 turn?

thanks nick
Old 11-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
To get to Toronto you're passing nice tracks in Kingsville at Action Hobbies Kingsville and in London at RCXpress.....(I'll get an updated site adress for them)...

RCXpress is run by the same guys that run the Sammy's Speedway off-road facility in London.

If you're passing through it's defiitely worth checking both of these places out
If you're going to be in the Toronto area, checkout Toronto RC www.torontorc.com ... they have both an indoor carpet and an outdoor on-road track (in the summer months). The management of this place is really cool and love the hobby. They are in the process of replacing the carpet for an upcoming major race (early 2005).

We don't have the level of tracks that you guys have in the states - but we do have a few really good ones.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey duckman...when they put int he new carpet will the be making it nice and smooth or will it be bumpy from the subfloor?

At Action I've been getting spoiled with glass smooth CRC Daytona Ozite but I'm hoping to make the Takeoff race thiis January at TORC
Old 11-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default Parts Lot FOR SALE "NIB"!!!!!

If anyone is interested, I have quite a bit for sale on E-Bay for the T1....

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

hope someone can put it to use instead of it collecting dust in my garage!!!!!!

EVERYTHING IS STILL BRAND NEW IN THE PACKAGES
Old 11-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: traction roll

Originally posted by JDXray
I was on and off today with traction roll on 1 turn i really had to slow down so i didnt flip..

I was thinking maybe it was the camber? Someone help me out thanks

Jon
If the tyre wear is even across the width of the tyre, leave the camber.

It could be simply your tyres were too soft. If a car feels great when you hit the track, in terms of grip from the tyres, it is quite possible that the tyres are too soft. Really you should choose a tyre which is good after a few laps, otherwise you can run into problems like traction rolling a few laps into a qualifying session or race.

Other than that, the droop does play a big part - the more front droop (i.e. the lower the downstop number on the hudy guage) the more front grip will be generated. You could reduce the droop (i.e. increase the downstop) to help, also tuning the rollcentre plays an important role (check the setup book for the correct changes).

For more dramatic changes, you should think about fitting a front anti-roll bar and maybe changing the front caster angle.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

So guys if i were to purchase a set of TRF dampers what do i need and how do yo mount them on the Xray???

Do i use any mounting hardware from the Xray?

All help apreciated

Dave
Old 11-22-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

The top parts : use all tamiya parts. You need tamiya ball connector mounted on the graphite ( gold color, it comes with TRF suspension kit ).

The bottom parts ( below the piston rod / shaft ) : use all the parts from XRay suspension ( nylon spring cup, piston nylon turnbuckle, ball connector ).

The springs are swapable.

Give me the pics when you are done! good idea
Old 11-22-2004, 04:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default gearing sugestions

Hi boys and girls

I am racing the T1 luxury with a 27t stock (monster stock pro) and am wanting to know if there is anyone out there with the same combination and what pinion/spur they are running ?

cheers
michael
Old 11-22-2004, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: traction roll

Originally posted by markp27
If the tyre wear is even across the width of the tyre, leave the camber.

It could be simply your tyres were too soft. If a car feels great when you hit the track, in terms of grip from the tyres, it is quite possible that the tyres are too soft. Really you should choose a tyre which is good after a few laps, otherwise you can run into problems like traction rolling a few laps into a qualifying session or race.

Other than that, the droop does play a big part - the more front droop (i.e. the lower the downstop number on the hudy guage) the more front grip will be generated. You could reduce the droop (i.e. increase the downstop) to help, also tuning the rollcentre plays an important role (check the setup book for the correct changes).

For more dramatic changes, you should think about fitting a front anti-roll bar and maybe changing the front caster angle.

Cheers, Mark.
THanks mark, I dont think its my tires being to grippy, i am running jaco orange/purple and purple (before i was running dblpink/orange and dbl pink)
As for droop i am already running .5mm in front and 1mm rear ( i was gonna go ahead and try 1,2 alittle later)
I also heard you should raise your roll center? ( I thought you were supposed to lower it, but i guess not.) I am on the middle settings for roll center.
I also think its the one-way i have in on carpet. I will go ahead and try a diff first, then change the droop, then roll center, tires if anything.

Thanks
for help guys

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.