Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Servo type question

Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

I had the MTX-2 out on my local track on Sunday dialling in the Centax clutch.

It had been raining during the day & a few puddles had formed.

I managed to avoid them for a while then splosh, high five, wipe out.

No response from my electrics!

Packed up & went home.

Stripped the car & let the electrics dry out.

Receiver was OK, but both servo's were fried!

I had thought of getting some digi servo's but at approx. $100 dollers each the above experience has turned me right off.

I only use cheap nasty servo's, Futaba S3003's.

In the case above does anybody think a digi servo would have survived? are they more watertight/robust?

Our weather in Ireland is very damp & wet, not good for electrics.

Any thoughts?

Click, Dublin
you can use silicon sealant to seal your servo to make it water tight. there are water proof spray for circuit board, which you can spray directly to your receiver circuit broad or you can use balloon and tie wrap to seal your receiver.
Old 01-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Servo type question

Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

I had the MTX-2 out on my local track on Sunday dialling in the Centax clutch.

It had been raining during the day & a few puddles had formed.

I managed to avoid them for a while then splosh, high five, wipe out.

No response from my electrics!

Packed up & went home.

Stripped the car & let the electrics dry out.

Receiver was OK, but both servo's were fried!

I had thought of getting some digi servo's but at approx. $100 dollers each the above experience has turned me right off.

I only use cheap nasty servo's, Futaba S3003's.

In the case above does anybody think a digi servo would have survived? are they more watertight/robust?

Our weather in Ireland is very damp & wet, not good for electrics.

Any thoughts?

Click, Dublin
Dude trust me - upgrade the 3003s. They simply do not have another torque or speed to turn the wheels at high speeds.

Invest in some high speed digital servos and stay away from those puddles
Old 02-01-2002, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default mtx2 pro spec VS. gt4 pro

hey guys , i am in a serious delima on these 2 cars . i am wanting to know in your all's serious opinion which one will i be more happy with for over all handling, quality of parts and company tech support and all of the other serious racing isssues. i appreciate the info on this matter. thanks ,chris
Old 02-01-2002, 09:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have been racing the Mugen for awhile, I like it alot. But, I would go with the one that your hobby store has better access to parts...

The Mugen is a great car, but I am sure that the Yok is a good car also. I have never owned a Yol so I can't comment on any of their products. This is my first Mugen (had an HPI before) and it is much better than previous gas cars I have owned.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default re : mtx2 pro spec vs. gt4 pro

my hobby shop is stocking both. but the people there are not that on top of the racing side of it and they just are stuck on the tc3 elect.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: re : mtx2 pro spec vs. gt4 pro

Originally posted by carpet_killa
my hobby shop is stocking both. but the people there are not that on top of the racing side of it and they just are stuck on the tc3 elect.
Have you seen a GT4's front suspension arm compare with MTX2? I have seen one and they look wimpy! and one of the parts supplier told me he has been selling a lot of GT4 front suspension arm,(A-arm). And besides, Pro-Spec comes with Centex Clutch, front oneway and a bunch of good stuff to go with it!

So you know my answer already!
Old 02-01-2002, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

both are very good car.... but you want the one that will let you finish a race.... haha
agree, everyone?
Old 02-01-2002, 11:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with AH 10, I have hit ALOT with this car and it is very durable, much more than any car I have ever owned. PLus, you get the best engine out there if you buy it with the Mugen engine...
Old 02-02-2002, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

what clutch spring comes with the pro?
Old 02-02-2002, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raffaelli
what clutch spring comes with the pro?
Are you referring to the spings on a regular 3 shoe clutch? if you are then the answer is it doesnt come with any because it's running Centex Clutch.

If you are asking the coil spring inside the centex then the spring is exactly the same as MRX2.
Old 02-02-2002, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

ah10, i realize what clutch comes with the car. thannks for the info,
Old 02-02-2002, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Chris, I do not know this to be fact because I haven't seen one yet, but I've been told the Centax on the pro kit comes with the standard spring and shoes, and the new "racing clutch set" comes with the heavy duty spring and light weight shoes. If you can track down Robbie Collins, I guess he would be the best person to confirm this.

While we're at it, has anyone tried the heavy duty spring and lightweight shoes on the MTX-2? I'm wondering if our .12s have enough power to make use of those parts noticeable and beneficial.
Old 02-02-2002, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Tom, That is where I was heading. I was going to try to figure out if the .12 has enough for the harder spring. I have a bunch of them from my MRX3 and thought about giving it a try. Dennis' MT12 RTU was just dropped at my door. I am going to run it in in the morning.
Old 02-02-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Robbie does not know that much about the new Racing Clutch either. He has said that sometime the communication isn't what is should be between Mugen Japan and Mugen USA.

We beleive though that the new clutch comes with the lightened weights, Heavier spring and the Gray clutch shoe.

-Jason
http://www.jasonjenkins.com
Old 02-02-2002, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tekrsq
Chris, I do not know this to be fact because I haven't seen one yet, but I've been told the Centax on the pro kit comes with the standard spring and shoes, and the new "racing clutch set" comes with the heavy duty spring and light weight shoes. If you can track down Robbie Collins, I guess he would be the best person to confirm this.

While we're at it, has anyone tried the heavy duty spring and lightweight shoes on the MTX-2? I'm wondering if our .12s have enough power to make use of those parts noticeable and beneficial.
this is what the alta vista translation master said

The pinion gear (selling separately) it has not belonged to this racing * clutch set. Adjusting to each chassis, please select. The D0603 thrust bearing /C0603 clutch bearing has belonged. The clutch spring hard / clutch shoe of option (Gray) / spreads width of set with such as ÇåÇ~ÇÄǢǣÇ~ÇÄǨÇç shoe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.