Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Guys , do you know any e-shops either at Europe or worldwide for yokomo OEM parts ???and hop ups for BD but from team bomber shooters etc. ???
thanksss
Old 12-18-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

www.rc-car-world.de on the bottom right side you can klick on the british flag to change the language to english
Old 12-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

thanks man
Old 12-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Front pars

Has any one tried using cyclone c hubs and steering knuckles?
or associated parts for more front end grip?
If so, got any part numbers pls, and how did it go.

Simon

Last edited by Bluey_74; 12-19-2006 at 04:32 PM. Reason: cant spell!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone tried team bomber's Spool?? What's your opinion in comparison with TIR's spool and the new yokomo???

thanks
Old 12-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
Anyone tried team bomber's Spool?? What's your opinion in comparison with TIR's spool and the new yokomo???

thanks
don`t bother with the bomber one , the blades just break up during run ,can`t get replacements & also no other make of blades fit

Yokomo Plastic version with blue collars is real good
Old 12-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

@martin
my Blue ali diff halves have a tight spot in the diff action
non-excistence with the plastic outdrives ,but i can`t get rid off the tight spot on the ali ones
any ideas
Old 12-20-2006, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run my BDM on foams, and I really sturggle to get ride height with it. I have to run about 60mm tires to get an optimal ride height of around 4mm. I would like to be able to run my tires right down to 56mm, but I just can't get ride height. Righ 56-58mm tires I get 1-2mm ride height. On the rear shocks I have to wind the pre-load basically all the way down as far as it will go to get about 4mm ride height. I run 4f 3r droop, and my shocks are 64mm rear 63mm front. Does anyone else have this problem? Or anyone know how to solve it? It is really really annoying.

I can't make my shocks any longer without the shock ends falling off, so I was thinking of trying the long shock ends but everyone says it makes the car handle funny, and to never use them, but I don't understand how making the shocks 65mm with long shock ends is any different to making hte shocks 65mm with short shock ends apart from the fact that they wont fall off in a impact.

Any input? Because im clueless
Old 12-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bluey_74
Has any one tried using cyclone c hubs and steering knuckles?
or associated parts for more front end grip?
If so, got any part numbers pls, and how did it go.

Simon
I use the HB parts at the moment. works well, pretty easy to drive with tons of steering.
The other possibility would be using ZS-4134 with SD-202G (works very well with HB Parts also)
even more steering than HB, but sometimes this is too much.

I use the TiR Spool too. The Bomber thing didn't last too long as the blades always broke. But you could remove a little bit of the material to make the Xray blades fit.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coons88
I run my BDM on foams, and I really sturggle to get ride height with it. I have to run about 60mm tires to get an optimal ride height of around 4mm. I would like to be able to run my tires right down to 56mm, but I just can't get ride height. Righ 56-58mm tires I get 1-2mm ride height. On the rear shocks I have to wind the pre-load basically all the way down as far as it will go to get about 4mm ride height. I run 4f 3r droop, and my shocks are 64mm rear 63mm front. Does anyone else have this problem? Or anyone know how to solve it? It is really really annoying.

I can't make my shocks any longer without the shock ends falling off, so I was thinking of trying the long shock ends but everyone says it makes the car handle funny, and to never use them, but I don't understand how making the shocks 65mm with long shock ends is any different to making hte shocks 65mm with short shock ends apart from the fact that they wont fall off in a impact.

try std bd rear shock tower or and the long shock bodies
Old 12-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
@martin
my Blue ali diff halves have a tight spot in the diff action
non-excistence with the plastic outdrives ,but i can`t get rid off the tight spot on the ali ones
any ideas
first check diff bearings, then thrust bearing and thust bearing seat.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Here is what Chris said about the BDM rear tower, use the standard one.

Originally Posted by Chris Grainger
Someone asked about the rear tower? The Masami one was designed for one track in Japan, Kawaba, there we ran 8 droop and 3.5mm ride height!!

So in the UK and Europe and even on carpet with a normal 5mm height rule you cant get the droop bellow 6 with the masami tower. so cant run more than 4mm ride height!!! the whole Yokomo team have only used that tower at that track, everywhere else we use the std one
Old 12-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Have you tried longer shock ends?

Old 12-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea I think the long shock ends will be the next thing I try. I snapped my normal shock tower so I will have to get another one to try. Im going away for a couple of weeks, so I will try all this when I get back. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

do you have the " new " high volume shock bodies,.... thay add about 3 mill to the shock length,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.