Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
Where were you in July when the worlds happened. Tamiya not on the podium this time round. Now HB owns the bragging rights for the next 2 years.

oops..... You mean in Italy ?

BTW, I'm also yokomo BD drivers . I'm just referring why yokomo is not very successful in US market. Most californians start touring cars with Tamiya, and off road cars with traxxas.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

I guess if Hara come back to Yokomo, this brand will popular again in the world.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default RUBBER/CARPET setup

you guy`s should give the russel williams setup a bash ,really really good
even more so it use`s a std BD car , this guy won nearly 3 BIG meetings on the trot with this setup

My Demon 3mm chassis car is going really well ,even more so when the grip come`s up ,while every one else was getting grip roll with there Fexi chassis My Demon one was laying it down with no worries of chucking it into the corner

My mate might get a new car looking at the 007 ,got him intrested in the BD instead ,this car is so easy to drive end off & for us mear mortals in the D`s & `E` finals that is what we what
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dms2dayer27.jpg  
Old 12-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

To answer the questions since my last post, and pose some more:

The Titanium Racing spool, rear diff and Worlds edition drive shafts have held up perfectly for ages and there is no sign of wear. The original drive shafts had a wear problem but these newer ones don't have a problem at all.

I am using both the spool and the alloy rear diff with the delrin outdrives, and even on asphalt with 7 turn motors we don't have a problem. I definately recommend Titanium Racing's products.

MR JOLLY. Is Russ Williams back running a Yoke? I can't keep up. At the KO Gp in 05 he was running a TC4 and won the 19 turn class. I believe he then moved to Yoke with a BD. At this year's KO Gp he was running a Cyclone in mod and if I remember rightly he made the "A". Is he now running a BD again or is that an old set up sheet?

SHOCKS. We have always run ours with the larger of the 2 hole pistons supplied with the kit and either 40 weight or Yokomo 450 oil (as supplied in the kit). I see you are all running the 3 hole pistons now. Perhaps I should try them.

YOKOMO SUPPORT. I get the impression that CML do quite a bit in supporting Yoke drivers in UK - you normally have 3 or 4 Yokes in the "A" - Chris G, Olly J, Lee W, and John P. I don't think any other manufacturer gets as many cars in the "A" on a regular basis, despite the fact that there are always 2 World Champs racing in the series. And yes, as someone rightly says, other manufacturers do put alot of effort into it. That must say something for the BD. Before someone says Schumacher had 5 cars in the A at the last round at WLRC, let me add that I also said ON A REGULAR BASIS.

The USA is a different story. There's really only one manufacturer that does any significant pushing at present and that's X Ray, so it's not surprising that they are popular. When Yoke pushed and had all the top drivers they won. When AE pushed they won, and when Losi pushed they won. X Ray have it good at the moment because they are the only manufacturers doing any pushing in the USA, apart from Corally who are there on a much smaller scale and still produce results.

Has anybody tried anti dive in the front?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Yeah Mate, Yokomo driver were running red hot at the SA Titles.
Thanks to the guys thats have posted setups and tips over the last couple of weeks.
I think I have learnt more over the last couple of weeks about the BD than I have over the last couple of years.

Rhys.

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Good weekend for Yokomo cars at the 2006 South Australian State Titles

Yokomo BD TQ & 1st, Sam Blight 19t.
Yokomo BD 2nd, Justin Summerill 19t (I think that was correct)
Yokomo BD TQ, Simon Irish (TGR!), Stock
Yokomo BD 1st Rhys Marshall (TGR!), 3rd Justin Summerill, Stock
Old 12-11-2006, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

@John Bull
last years setup

re;TiR stuff
i don`t think they are that good ,i know off loads (to many) non-sponsered racers having really hard time with TiR stuff ,high wear rate & failures to boot

there`s a idea that if you do run spool you are going to get wear , but you can decide were you want the bit to wear out , so a TiR user pointed out ,that replacing the ali outdrives on a TiR spool is better then drive shaft`s
But i know of a racer that had the TiR spool with ali outdrives & it notched up in like 3 racing runs money money ,lesser drivers have not got this & premature wear rate is not good enough

This is why the yokomo Plastic spool (see pic)is finding more & more users over here

just got the Team Bomber spool,// thats crap aswell as the Blades just break up in use ,replacment ones are not available ,xray & cyclone ones don`t fit
not sure about tamiya or schuy ones

good news
the yoko BX500a blue ali diff halves are really good ,no need for blades in these as they are on the back taking less punishment then front ,just like Martin Hoffer said no need for blades on back really
Attached Images  
Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

I use the TiR stuff too.

don't know how the older cvds have been, but the new ones are really fine.
no wear at all (after 4 weekends of 3,5T Brushless with no current limiter at all :-) ), the spool is also very good.
I have the Worlds Edition with the Delrin Outdrives.

Tested front ends yesterday.
Yoko ZS-4134 C-Hubs combined with the SD-202G steering thingis have a bit more steering than HB has, but both is really good to drive.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

I can say the same about the TIR stuff. No problems with their new Worlds edition drive shafts. I use the delrin outdrives on both the front spool and the alloy rear diff, so there is no need for any blades.

I'm building up a set of shocks with 3 hole pistons right now. Any tips?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

leave the foam out
Old 12-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnbull
I can say the same about the TIR stuff. No problems with their new Worlds edition drive shafts. I use the delrin outdrives on both the front spool and the alloy rear diff, so there is no need for any blades.

I'm building up a set of shocks with 3 hole pistons right now. Any tips?
No Air
Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

good one rofl
Old 12-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Martin. Thanks Jolly. Now can you tell me something I didn't know
Old 12-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnbull
Thanks Martin. Thanks Jolly. Now can you tell me something I didn't know
with your experience John you should be telling us

think the saying is
`you can`t teach a old dog new tricks` or `don`t teach your grandmother to suck eggs` is the other

enough pissing about
i just use tamiya shocks on mine 3 hole , but i would use rayspeed 3 hole (white) in yoke shocks like what chris does
but`s that`s about it
Old 12-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

chris has siad about cutting down the triangle bit of plastic in the bottom of shock body ,have to look in he`s build book for the grianger car
Old 12-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
leave the foam out
Whats the exact effect of leaving out the foam volume compensator? Will that make the suspension softer or harder, or does it affect the rebound?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.