Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old carpet rcr
I understand, I will be using the E buggy only indoors. So I want it to be able to perform the best I can make it. What shorty packs and kv T8i do you recommend?
I have been using this pack in my other 1/8e. Perfect for a lighter weight setup.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...C-148V-4600mAh

I plan to use that battery with the 1950kv t8i in a 8e 3.0 this winter indoor season. Going to be running at the same track as you this winter. Just got mine assembled and haven't run it yet.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Nice! Thank you, I was actually looking at those packs on A main this morning. I was wondering if they'd last a 10min main. My 4s pack is a venom, I'm happy with them. What gearing do you use on average? Have you seen Jason R/C's leisure hours inside video's? I run there as well. My bad this is a reply to Casper, thank you jhautz.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jhautz
I have been using this pack in my other 1/8e. Perfect for a lighter weight setup.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...C-148V-4600mAh

I plan to use that battery with the 1950kv t8i in a 8e 3.0 this winter indoor season. Going to be running at the same track as you this winter. Just got mine assembled and haven't run it yet.
How is that pack after a 10 min. main? The weight is only what, 30g more that most 2 shorties? I have that Protek 4s that is 100c. 4300MaH, its about 460g. I'd hate to buy this T8i and burn it up.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

How is that pack after a 10 min. main? The weight is only what, 30g more that most 2 shorties? I have that Protek 4s that is 100c. 4300MaH, its about 460g. I'd hate to buy this T8i and burn it up.
Just putting this out there again. T8i is for smaller indoor tracks but Ryan and I ran out cars at a med/large outdoor track and car ran great. Made runtime no issue on 10 min main.

With the T8i you really want your car as close to min weight as you can resonably get it. the motor is not intended and will not push a heavy car around the track well without temp issues. Our buggies at 140g over min weight are probably as heavy as I would go.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

The pack has been good for me so far. Been using it for about a month now. Been running it in an EB48, and in a lightweight tekno 1/8 buggy conversion of the SCT410 and no issues on either car. Still have plenty of juice left over after 10 min even on large outdoor track.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
Just putting this out there again. T8i is for smaller indoor tracks but Ryan and I ran out cars at a med/large outdoor track and car ran great. Made runtime no issue on 10 min main.

With the T8i you really want your car as close to min weight as you can resonably get it. the motor is not intended and will not push a heavy car around the track well without temp issues. Our buggies at 140g over min weight are probably as heavy as I would go.
That sounds like about where my 8 3.0 is weighing in at. I have it set up right now with the Reedy 4600 pack I linked and a standard gen 1 T8 1900 motor and it weighs in at exactly 3400g RTR. With the lighter motor it should be right about at the weight you are. For the rest of outdoor season Im planning to use the regular T8 motor and then go to the T8i once I move to the indoor track in a few weeks.

Side note.... Im dying to try this thing out. I was planning to race Sunday but got rained out so now Im staring at the shiny new buggy for another week. Its all set to go, just needs a little dirt on it. LOL

Plan to run both this and my tekno for a few weeks and then decide which way to go after I get to compare them side by side and see which fits me better.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Is that the ifmar 7.04 lb regulations? With the right batteries, will a stock E 3.0 be fine?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

The pack has been good for me so far. Been using it for about a month now. Been running it in an EB48, and in a lightweight tekno 1/8 buggy conversion of the SCT410 and no issues on either car. Still have plenty of juice left over after 10 min even on large outdoor track.
Ok, good know. I just saw a Tekin review video of the T8i with gen2 esc in a new kyosho e buggy. Looked like a Protek 4s pack he was using, he claimed to be getting 190* after 8.5 min.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Ryan and I built stock cars with two shorties and T8i, RX8 and were 140g over min wieght. There are some things you could do to take out some more weight like alum nuts, titanium screws, ect and take some more weight out. Electronics is the easiest way to do this if you buy them that way to start.

Also build the car without the radio box.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Ryan and I built stock cars with two shorties and T8i, RX8 and were 140g over min wieght. There are some things you could do to take out some more weight like alum nuts, titanium screws, ect and take some more weight out. Electronics is the easiest way to do this if you buy them that way to start.

Also build the car without the radio box.
Is that the 1950kv t8i? What gearing is a good starting point? What's the best way to mount the reciever and transponder, with 3m double sided tape to the chassis or servo box? Sorry to bombard with all the questions, I just want the best possible advantage. I only get to the track about every 6 weeks if I'm lucky.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is that the 1950kv t8i? What gearing is a good starting point? What's the best way to mount the reciever and transponder, with 3m double sided tape to the chassis or servo box? Sorry to bombard with all the questions, I just want the best possible advantage. I only get to the track about every 6 weeks if I'm lucky.
Yeah, that is the one and we are at a 16T pinion I believe.

As for mounting those two components, we mount them to the side of the servo mount so we can pull all of it out to clean up if need be.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

How much weight does ditching the receiver box save? Was planning to leave mine with the Rx box installed. I like the clean look of all wires hidden inside rather than coiled up,zip tied and hanging out.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
Yeah, that is the one and we are at a 16T pinion I believe.

As for mounting those two components, we mount them to the side of the servo mount so we can pull all of it out to clean up if need be.
Cool, thanks for the help. I really appreciate your time. I definitely want to go with the lighter setup, I'm traumatized after last indoor season trying to get a rolling brick to do what I want. It was my first year back after a 24yr hiatus. Wow has everything changed!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Prophet

How much weight does ditching the receiver box save? Was planning to leave mine with the Rx box installed. I like the clean look of all wires hidden inside rather than coiled up,zip tied and hanging out.
I don't remember I think Ryan may have that data. I understand the clean look but again if going this route lighter is better! If you go with the T8 setup no problem at all. Power for days! The T8i setup give the car a more nimble feel though which is why we are going through the effort
Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Running 16t with the t8i 1900? I wonder if that would be a good place to start with a standard size 1750?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.