Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro rat
Hey guys,

Just after some help with my T3. The car is very fast but lacks rear traction when exiting a corner or entering a corner. Im racing on an asphalt tight track with low traction. Coming out of a corner the rear of the car just wants to let go. Im running Kit setup with 30wt shock oil all around (%100 Rebound) i have moved the front and rear shocks in 1 hole from kit set up. I have gone to 1mm shims all around on the hubs. Front sway bar is now a 1.3 Everything else is as per kit set up. As i said the car is fast and i dont wanna compromise its performance by changing alot just to gain rear end traction. is there anything i can do to get somemore rear end traction?

Thanks heaps Guys
Your answer is simple............ Tamiya 416!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for everyones replies on the previous page regarding loctite, cvd's, etc. I will strip the car down on the weekend and start again using some of your tips.

Top - $3.00 for 8. The Xray ones seem to be a bargain at $3.60 for 2!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Sam-E
No im gonna stick out the remainder of the year with the T3 and see if i can get it to go better. it is fast, its just the rear end which is annoying. if i cant sort it out im gonna go with a different car next season
Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Just after some help with my T3. The car is very fast but lacks rear traction when exiting a corner or entering a corner. Im racing on an asphalt tight track with low traction. Coming out of a corner the rear of the car just wants to let go. Im running Kit setup with 30wt shock oil all around (%100 Rebound) i have moved the front and rear shocks in 1 hole from kit set up. I have gone to 1mm shims all around on the hubs. Front sway bar is now a 1.3 Everything else is as per kit set up. As i said the car is fast and i dont wanna compromise its performance by changing alot just to gain rear end traction. is there anything i can do to get somemore rear end traction?

Thanks heaps Guys
Try a harder rear sping
Old 06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Try a harder rear sping
ok thanks, i will give it a go. i would have thought a softer rear spring? But anyway i will try that and see how it goes.

Thanks, much appreciated
Old 06-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ok thanks, i will give it a go. i would have thought a softer rear spring? But anyway i will try that and see how it goes.

Thanks, much appreciated
A harder spring will help with on power, may not with entering a corner but give a go. Most people on asphalt run the same spring fr anf rr or 1 rate difference, so give it a shot.

Antoni
Old 06-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam-E
dont buy a TRF , i swapped from Tamiya to Xray andit was the best decicien i ever did

try this set up our track is dusty and low grip

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1358&setup=t3
Old 06-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy
Aluminum knuckles will make the car push. Are you using the "M" knuckle or the "H"? You want the H (Hard) for all conditions with rubber tires.
Why you want the H over M on asphalt? Can you please explain?

Thank you
Old 06-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Thanks heaps Guys
My local racetrack is pretty high grip but when I go out to race on low traction asphalt there are a few things I do to gain rear traction. For the T3 you can try running 2.5 mil spacers on the rear hubs and lowering the inner rear camber links. You can also bring in your rear shocks all the way in. Also for low traction you can go with more droop in the rear. 5 droop up front and 4 in the rear. Last thing I do is lighten the rear springs. Try 2.4 in the rear and 2.8 in the front. Hope this helps...
Old 06-03-2010, 02:01 AM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When I changed to the Exotec chassis, the car was loose on power exiting turns with my usual 2.4 rear springs so I then went to 2.6 on the rear and problem solved. So I would suggest in some instances, firm up the rear if you are having trouble putting power down IF you already have softish springs on. If you need more grip in the middle of the corner then its a good idea to lay the shocks down. My 2c
Old 06-03-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Try the 1 hole rear uprights if you're not running them
already. They make the rear end alot more stable at both highspeed and lowspeed corners. I won't be switching back to the standard rear upright anytime soon.

Jonny
Old 06-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Also try standing the rear shock up one hole upto no.4. If you're struggling putting power down this helps alot. Make sure you have a perfect rear diff aswell as this may be your problem if you're struggling on and off power with rear traction.

Jonny
Old 06-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nnick
Why you want the H over M on asphalt? Can you please explain?

Thank you
The H parts are more durable and flex less which makes them more consistent IMO. It's all personal preference and someone else might like the feel of the M parts and their flex characteristics. A lot of guys in my area ditched the M parts quickly for the H.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys for all your help, i will make a few changes and let you know how it goes. Thanks again
Old 06-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonny123
Try the 1 hole rear uprights if you're not running them
already. They make the rear end alot more stable at both highspeed and lowspeed corners. I won't be switching back to the standard rear upright anytime soon.

Jonny
Thanks Jonny,

Have you got a part number?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.