Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood NC Carpet Season

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Wonder what the dirt dust is gona do to the onroad...

Yea I LL be at DC and mimis doing some practice...see yas soon....
Old 10-03-2005, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Tag
Wonder what the dirt dust is gona do to the onroad...

Yea I LL be at DC and mimis doing some practice...see yas soon....
Same thing it did to our track last time you were down.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KilRuf
Talked to Glenn today. He changed the opening carpet day from Nov 5th to Nov 12th. This was due to an offroad race that is suppose to be held Nov 5th.

I wasn't there to here what was announced but reading the above post, kinnda pissed me off......

So these guys are coming in building a track and gonna run a race and BUMP the ON-ROAD GUYS out of racing on that Sat.???? The same On-road guys that have kept Glenn going for the last 2 1/2yrs?

If Glenn lets them bump a Sat. TC race (either carpet or Asphalt) That COULD BE THE LAST STRAW! I hope he realizes that he has been losing racers for the last year becasue of STUPID crap JUST LIKE THIS!!! No Tires, No parts, "They didn't come in today but I will have them next week" You guys know the other problems, I want get into them here.

Guys I am not trying to start anything but Glenn's is the only option for alot of us... I have seen the racing go from 40 -45 guys to 15-20 and and now down to 8-10. Most of you guys know WHY, but no one wants to speak up! Well I will!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Glenn's track and property to run I guess. I guess he's banking on the offroad guys wanting to buy a bunch of parts at the new shop on race days, if there's anything in stock.

Anyhow, either way, the eXpress race will be killer. That might be the first time I make it back if there will be every other week, and so forth to plan around. See you guys when I see ya. Hopefully sooner than later.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Is there any way that the off-road track could be put in the front of the building?

That way it will not allow the dirt/dust to blow, spill or wash onto the asphalt track.

Also where will the guys with trailers pit now that the back side of the track will be filled with dirt and a driverstand?

Are the guys from ILP willing to clean (blow off) the asphalt EVERY RACE they run on the dirt? Who's gonna do it after it rains or the wind blows? There is only that little dirt drive there now and look at the "GRIT" that comes off on your tires. I don't forsee Laurie coming to do it EVERY time it needs it...

ILP now runs mostly 1/8th and 1/10th gas, I am from an off-road background and I know those two classes in general prefer LOOSE LOAMY DUSTY tracks....It want be the NICE HARD PAKED BLUE GROOVE tracks you see in the mags. LOL

But as Brandon said Glenn is the owner and has the right to do WHAT HE wants......But as an owner you can't forget the guys that have kept you running for the past two years either.........
Old 10-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

With all this being said J Mac get busy on the track so we can get some laps in seeing were gona miss 2 weeks of rug time....

Express Race looks as if it's gona be a big hit as I got over 50+ e mails and many enteries so far and most from the NORTH...lets not let the south get shut out...
Old 10-03-2005, 05:57 PM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't think they know what they are going to do yet.....I just read that now they are talking about a spot on the AF base in Goldsboro cause Glenn apparently told them that we were running indoor everyweek all winter and they can't run at the same time as the indoor.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I hope no body is blaming me for anything hehe.. I'm just reporting the news as I hear it.

Anyways, I'm not saying onroad will be raced every other week "this year". And I'm not saying there will be no onroad on the 5th (although you'd asume so if we can't have opening day on the 5th). I guess I'll have to ask Glenn to make sure. He doesn't even know when the dirt track will go in or if it will. I just know that he said the date was changed from the 5th to the 12th for a possible offroad trophy race on his property. But once again, I'll stop by his shop and ask him.

Tag, working on the layout... Hopefully when you get back, it'll be laid out. Good Luck guys heading to the Nats.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds good John..
Old 10-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Jimmy in NO WAY was I blaming you! LOL

I did some searching and found who OFFERED Glenns place.... Guys this was talked about somewhere else on 9-26-05 I think it was....I will not disclose who, but I think that it was a LOW BLOW from that PERSON towards all of the on-road guys!

Here is the post I found on another forum...."Please get ahold of Glenn at the hobby corner. I'm pretty sure he'll help out with a place to put a track. He's already said that next year, the onroad track is only going to be every other week, and that would leave the other weekend for the offroad if it were to happen. That, and it would still be in Goldsboro,,"

Here was the a post from ILP last week..."We've got an answer guys. When Dave gets back in town I've got to go over a few details. Glenn had a couple of terms that need to be discussed. There's one that involves you guys. Glenn opens his indoor track around the first of November and runs every weekend and closes it somewhere around the end of March time frame. This would shut the track down for the winter, about 4 months. I know how we were able to run throughout the winter last year and I want to know what you guys think. I think there are a couple of ways we can go with that. 1.) Use that time period to get our cars ready for next season. 2.) Use it as a chance to run indoors somewhere (whether it be on or offroad). I'm sure there will be some other things we need your thoughts on that concern you guys. We still have the time to do the Gas Challenge. So, let me know what your thoughts are."

I also saw they are now thinking about the base....Who knows!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Also if he is not going to run TC's every weekend...I could understand that if he were taking the weekend off, but to have "something" running there is also kind of a slap in the face to the ones who have been there running the on-road track. Its not like he will not have to be there to run the hobby shop, I don't see him letting someone from ILP do it. I mean he want even let Ron open it earlier on Sat. Its not like he is Running the On-Road races now so that can't be his answer either...."that they will be running thier own races" I also don't see him having races there and not having the hobby shop open for the Off-road guys.......
Old 10-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmmm I dunno. But as for next year goin every other weekend for asphalt, this is because of the turnouts we are having now. Very low. And he looks at Durham who's doin it every other weekend and the turnouts are better. So maybe this'll help out some with his turnouts too? Either way it doesn't matter right now.. carpet season is upon us!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Jimmy you and I both know its not the EVERYWEEK racing that is hurting the turn outs....

I bet if Durham went to everyweek they would still have the same kind of turn out!

I ask about the every other week thing simply because I work every other weekend and would like to know if I am going to have some place to use all this RC stuff next summer! Every other weekend sucks if the races are on the weekend you work... But ppl that don't drive 2 hrs there and don't work weekends seem to forget that...

I ask NOW cause there has been no mention, that I have heard about, racing every other weekend, except the one above. It needs to be talked about now instead of next summer one week before going back outside.... You know like the carpet is doing now. Less than a month and the carpet still has holes and the same lay out! These are the things Glenn needs to worry with......

WHY ARE THE RACERS DOING ALL OF THE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie blows the track off on race day WITH HIS BLOWER AND HIS GAS, Ron sets up the computer, Hell most of the time Ron is in the hobby shop when you go to buy something. The racers are calling the races.

I saw Glenn a few weeks ago, he DID NOT RACE, he stayed in the "new" part with a screw gun, Jimmy, Ron and Brandon called the races.... We had 4 turn marshalls because the Turn marshalls were calling the races. I went to the Hobby shop on 3 different occasions to BUY things and there was NO ONE in there. I had to HUNT him down to ask if he had a minute to come to the hobby shop......

This same Junk has been going on for the past few years and no one says a damn thing about it!!!

Ask Steve B., Rodney M., Chance and anyone else that USED to race there. Why they don't any more.... I bet its not because its ran evey week and they got tired of that!
Old 10-06-2005, 06:56 AM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jimmy, have you worked on the new layout yet? Just curious since it looks like this Sat may be kinda wet....
Old 10-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Off-Road

The Off-Road is off the table. They are going to SJAFB with it.
Anthony, I appreciate all the kind words about Rosewood.
November 5th is opening day on carpet. If you want an answer to a question, you might ask the person in the know. John Tag, are we promoting this race or not? Do you allow your sponsored drivers to post these kinds of comments about a track or do you incurage possitive comments and leadership set by example for the younger drivers. I normally don't post on here and probably never will again, but i could'nt let this go unanswered without comment.
Glenn

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.