Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JR Racing Z-1 Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default z-1

that pic in the beginning of this thread looks like it has been "photo shopped" to me!!! if jr was going to copy a helios case they would use their own wheel. the one in that pic is the helios wheel. i am not falling for this one.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

OMG I think ur right!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Sorry guys it is true. Here is what they say about it.

This is the high end racing radio your customers have been waiting for.

What happens when you combine the transmitter that’s taken the racing world by storm with JR’s custom synthesized RF module and RS310 receiver? Pure genius.

The new JR Z-1 joins together two brands that the racing world has come to depend on. The KO transmitter provides you with all of the pure control that you can possible need. Couple that with JR’s synthesized electronics, and you have THE high-end racing radio you have been waiting for.

Features :

Adjustable trim Rates
ATV (Adjustable Travel volume)
Three different timers
Memory reset
Model name
Model Copy
Automatic Start
Steering travel
Steering Balance
Steering Curve
Steering Punch
Steering Speed
Throttle Acceleration
Throttle Preset
Throttle High point
Throttle Brake
Throttle Curve
Throttle Punch
Throttle Speed
A.B.S. Active Braking System
Sub trim
9 Model Select

# of Channels: 3
Modulation: FM
Band: 75
Servos: None
Receiver: RS310 Synthesized
Model Memory: 9

MAP: $339.99

ETA, 6/20 but subject to change without notice (my disclaimer).

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 04-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry to burst the bubble but this is the new radio. We got a spec sheet from horizon 2 weeks ago about it. Same pic. All the features from what I can tell will be the same.

The reason: JR and Horizon hobby doing all of their market research seem to think that the Helios is the number one best radio ever for market penatration, and the old JR KO colaberation 10 years ago worked soo well they thought that it would be a good idea.

We told the horizon rep that they should shoot their marketing people.

Lame idea. Its going to be in the same price point as the Helios but be crystal-less. No spektrum because it would have been too many names to incorperate is what we were told. I think they are nuckin futs.

I am soo glad as a R1 owner though. I would have though that the new one would have made the resale price of my R1 drop but now its probably doubled. Thanks JR My spektrum R1 is still the king : )

Expect it out in the next month (read: end of may)
Old 04-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Well in a way this is good...not! But O well what can i do? I but they have one thing right the helios is #1 radio on the market right now. I just wish it would've been
the only one, it's not really unique anymore. WOW! u guys have know idea how disapointed i am right now... i've had my helios for less than a month. O well i will quit my b!tching. So what else about the new radio?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Well if anyone feels the same as i do you'll probaly see a bunch of other helios users feel the same way as me.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Why would this upset a KO owner?

JR has decided that it couldn't do better than the Helios so they licensed and re-branded it for re-sale?

The R1 was still a great radio..but JR customer service sucked so bad that I know of half a dozen people that have moved away from JR...more often than not the steering or throttle centering springs are the reason....youneed to send your radio in for service because JR is unwilling to sell you a $.50 spring???

It ticked me off enough that I got rid of my R1...I use a 3PK now...same story with several others in my area...

The JR version of the Helios will sell well because of the dealer network Horizon has...some shops found KO a little hard-to-get..but having contacted KO tech support and direct sales they were a pleasure to work with.

If you have a KO, be happy...the JR version changes nothing about your radio....
Old 04-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

oo0o i see your point.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree. I guess I don't understand where all the negativity is coming from and how this is a bad thing??? Is the Helios a crap radio? Anything but, it's one of the best out there. Can someone explain how this is a bad thing?
Old 04-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: z-1

Originally posted by sedanaddict
that pic in the beginning of this thread looks like it has been "photo shopped" to me!!! if jr was going to copy a helios case they would use their own wheel. the one in that pic is the helios wheel. i am not falling for this one.
Well you better fall for it, it's real A quick search reveals...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...odID=JRP374075

There is a difference between the Helios and Z-1 besides the sticker. Looks like they are offering synthesized frequencies as standard option. From their web site: "What happens when you combine the transmitter that’s taken the racing world by storm with JR’s custom synthesized RF module and RS310 receiver? Pure genius."

FWIW I have owned an R-1, KO Mars 2000, and now I use a KO Helios and they are all great radios. It is fairly obvious to me that the software is developed by the same people. There are way to many similarities.

Axel, there is a reason the R-1 is bank. Those big LCD screens and advanced sofware ain't cheap.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JPHRacer
Thanks JR My spektrum R1 is still the king : )

Have you upgraded yours to the new 17" LCD display?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
The JR version of the Helios will sell well because of the dealer network Horizon has...some shops found KO a little hard-to-get..
Our shop gets KO from Horizon, so any shop that couldn't get KO probably won't be able to get JR...
Old 04-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

You have got to be kidding me....
Old 04-26-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey man JR Radios arent that bad . but damn thats alot for that radio!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Entropy
Have you upgraded yours to the new 17" LCD display?
Naa I did the 24" plasma screen. It hangs around my neck on a gold chain kinda like Flava Flave with his clocks, I have the R1 with Plasma and gold chain.

Next I'm workin on the 6.1 dolby low battery alarm...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.