Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
is the team associate ntc3  Factory kit that out dated? >

is the team associate ntc3 Factory kit that out dated?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is the team associate ntc3 Factory kit that out dated?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu
I really try to stay away from everything thats Associated... NTC3s in my track never last more than 4 minutes. If I had to choose between the NTC3 and the R40, I wouldve gone with the R40 since its considered to be a tank like the MTX-3 (although the R40 is much more heavier). Honestly, if your new to racing, sell the NTC3 and get a MTX-3. I think the MTX-3 is the best chassis for someone to learn on. Super strong and can be as fast as the rest. Sorry I didnt gave you this info before, but by the time I read your previous thread, you already had bought a NTC3...

i have nothing agaisnt ntc3 or AE. i was even planning to get one before. Racers using ntc3 in my trak have been having problems like breaking this and that... they had some parts machined though and now their cars run like hell.... very competitive....

i agree with you Riketsu. My bro was running an EP tc3 and he kept breaking a part. There was one race that in every heat he broke something.

Some racers said that the material AE uses is not so good for us people living in the philippines. They say that the parts loose their strength from the change of pressure and bumps the boxes envouter during shipping. Not many people use NTC3 and EP TC3 in my country because of this.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChApS
I dont have a M11 but if i get a new radio it will hopefully be the M11 or 3pk personal prefrence M11 i cant belive its not that crazy with all the technical stuff it looks like you coulnt keep track of it all.
Hows the weight compared to the 3pk
To me, the funny thing is that 3PK is actually bigger than it looks and the M11 seems smaller than it appears.
While holding them straight not moving, the M11 and 3PK feel very much identical in weight. However, with the "radar gun" like design, the 3PK sometimes feels like a hammer when you hold it around(i know im a lil exaggiating), and the drop down wheel is only helping the right arm, while the M11's spread out/ flat+low profile gives u (me) a feeling like the radio is wrapped around your (my left) hand while giving comfortable grip on the wheel. Well, all above is just my personal experience, and my arms are weak. So far I'm happy with the switch, and M11 will be with me for a (long) while unless Futaba comes up with something creative. But like you said already between these two only personal preference matters (tho in fact 3PK has more features in its Rx's).
Old 03-28-2006, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

And don't forget how sanwas fastest sevo is something like 0.07 and futabas fastest is something like 0.06.
Sanwa is slow. .Just joking
Old 03-28-2006, 05:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

th reason i bought an m11 is because my firm opnion is it is better to spend the money once....albeit alot....rather than buy 2-3 controllers..i think i can keep this one for a long time
Old 03-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by indy_rc
th reason i bought an m11 is because my firm opnion is it is better to spend the money once....albeit alot....rather than buy 2-3 controllers..i think i can keep this one for a long time
Too bad you didnt had the same philosofy for the car.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

bah....i was looking at a r40 hara

the reason i went with the ntc3 was ease of parts, that is what they use mostly at the track in cincinatti...and my research showed (with the help of people on here) that was the right car for me right now.
the car is throw-away...i still have the servos, the motor, and the radio......i am planning on getting another car anyway
Old 03-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

the car is throw-away...
Isn't that car brand new? Well I guess you are just that serious in racing to the top. So what car u planning to get next?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

bah....i was looking at a r40 hara

the reason i went with the ntc3 was ease of parts, that is what they use mostly at the track in cincinatti...and my research showed (with the help of people on here) that was the right car for me right now.
the car is throw-away...i still have the servos, the motor, and the radio......i am planning on getting another car anyway
Dont make the same mistake twice. Get a MTX-4 or a RRR WCE.

Im selling my backup RRR on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1

I bought it off a top driver on my track and never had the chance to test it out. Really need the money since im thinking of going to nationals.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Default NTC3

Personally, I will NEVER buy an XRAY for the simple fact they introduce a new car or a new version every time you turn around. This makes setup information hard to come by and parts inventory harder for shops to invest in.

On the flip side, the NTC3 has been around for a while. Does it make it outdated? Depending on your definition. Can a skilled driver remain competitive - absolutely. Accept for the most advanced situations, the NTC3 is up to the task.

I would add that the fact that it has been around for a while, makes it easier to be competitive. TONS of tuning information and I would vote the easiest parts support availablity (LHS or trackside).

I race a FT NTC3 regularly on a well attended (25-40 racers) track. I made the A every event, unless I 'the nut behind the wheel' was loose. Read: Driver error... Rookie can back me up here.

My only gripe with the car is the lack of diff spur/pinion durability. With a well tuned, 3 port motor, the spur gear (or the pinion on the driveshaft) needs to be replaced nearly every run. This is a weak point that I have discussed with Barry Baker - which he confirmed. No amount of shimming or lubrication solves this. Stock up, and service often.

10-4
TC_Tuner