Search

What buggy? HB D8 or Losi 8v2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
But, i m not sure to understand,

The Losi 8, MBX6, D8 and other car raced hightly modified during the world?

Or any car raced with stock spec ?

the 8's and mbx-6 were stock, hara's D8 had some parts on it you cant get. but there were other D8 drivers make the a main with the nearly stock version......
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Oh I forgot to add, skip the RB WS7. Its a great engine, mine was. But the Novarossi Plus 4 is better. Similar quality, tuneing, etc. But better bottomend, way better fuel mileage, and it cost less.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Yes the losi has big bores stock.

Also the drivetrain is solid.

Zerodefect- Yes I agree, but I also don't like that hara was driving a highly modified car, a week after the car came out. To me that means they rushed to get the kits out and didn't spend enough time designing and testing.
The D8 came out a week after the Worlds. Hara car was modded but the other 3 D8's in the main were not. Also the 2.0 was not out yet either, so it could be considered a modded 8 1.0. By the way my D8 has not broken a driveshaft yet.I have bent the front tower and broke a rear hub and stripped a plastic servo horn. Not sure why others have problems. But if you break them call HB they will send you a new complete set for free.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Im sorry. Get the losi.

The D8 everyone brags about winning the worlds isnt the car you buy. To get it close, you have to buy a new chassis, tons of lightened parts, a new rear shock tower(if you cna find it), and longer rear shocks.

Lets also look at the fact that Hara won with an engine that was still in testing.

Then to say, OH, well maybe his car had some mods, but the other were bone stock. My butt, you cant prove weather or not they were modified because so much attention went to towards hara's and the hotbodies hype machine saying, how his car was stock, no one had a chance to look at the other cars.

So yea, the D8 is 350 bucks, add another 200 in parts to get it competitive, and guess what you have. The price of a losi 8 2.0.

Hara is a great driver. It has the skills, and stamina to stand there and piss himself to win that level of race.

I dont know if i could do that.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

hummmmm i m thinking hard to get a Losi 2.0 !!!!!!!

I see one on RC Mushroom for 455 USD...

Any have a best deal in other online shop ?

I dont know why hot bodies dont sell the same chassis raced to the world!!

it's really strange! F***ing marketing!!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Hara got drenched in beer by the other drivers after he won. Thats why is was wet on the podium. Any given race either buggy can win in the right hands.

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Im sorry. Get the losi.

The D8 everyone brags about winning the worlds isnt the car you buy. To get it close, you have to buy a new chassis, tons of lightened parts, a new rear shock tower(if you cna find it), and longer rear shocks.

Lets also look at the fact that Hara won with an engine that was still in testing.

Then to say, OH, well maybe his car had some mods, but the other were bone stock. My butt, you cant prove weather or not they were modified because so much attention went to towards hara's and the hotbodies hype machine saying, how his car was stock, no one had a chance to look at the other cars.

So yea, the D8 is 350 bucks, add another 200 in parts to get it competitive, and guess what you have. The price of a losi 8 2.0.

Hara is a great driver. It has the skills, and stamina to stand there and piss himself to win that level of race.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Oh I forgot to add, skip the RB WS7. Its a great engine, mine was. But the Novarossi Plus 4 is better. Similar quality, tuneing, etc. But better bottomend, way better fuel mileage, and it cost less.
hehe, a lot of guy tell me that the RB Engine are the best of the woooooorld but i never see a RB Engine won a big race...(ok Rb won the EFRA race but is not an international race)

The Novarossi Plus 4, is been this motor ?

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=16374

Only 255USD ????? and is better than the RB @500USD ? WTF ?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

I am vspec guy. I have heard good things about the plus 4. I am curious how the new Nova Rossi p3xs will run.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

The plus 4 is no joke. There was a thread around here somewhere. I'd like my Rb WS7IIII to have better fuel economy (less ports) and more bottom end. Like say......an Os Vspec built as well as an Rb.

Thats what the +4 is supposed to be like. The C6 is good sure, but thats alot of cash.

You can put a turbo head on the +4 as well.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Im sorry. Get the losi.

Dude we're club racing not pros. People don't need all the lighted parts to win. I have a stock D8 and have beaten MBX6s and 8ight 2.0s.
You don't need the $200 in parts but if this 8ight 2.0 is like the 8ight 1.0 then you'll spend $200 on parts when they wear out in a month. Then guess what you spent double on the losi when you could have had the D8 for half the price.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

You think the +4 can win a RC Pro Serie Race?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

HECK YEAH!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Xchange
You think the +4 can win a RC Pro Serie Race?
I saw a pic of some +4 floating around the Worlds. I'll let someone else chime in on who's runnin them. If GRP's can finish 2nd then I don't see why a +4 with a turbo head can't.

You don't need to spend $500 bucks for an engine. And the +4 was alot more than $255 some time ago. Don't let the price fool ya.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok but maybe the GRP or the +4 need tuning to work like the RB?

(sorry, i m totaly a newbe in the nitro, i race in 1/10 Offroad electric or 1/10 Sedan Electric usually so it's totally a new world for me the nitro hehe)
Old 02-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=Bigedmond;5423198]Im sorry. Get the losi.

Hara is a great driver. It has the skills, and stamina to stand there and piss himself to win that level of race. [QUOTE=Bigedmond;5423198]

Huh??? Does anything Hara did to his car seem all that tough to replicate......

The setup and parts are available. The D8 really doesn't need em though. Have you seen a pic of his car. Pretty minir mods. Not rocket science. And yes the other D8's were stock as well.

A little while ago I was bashing the D8 just like you. I have to eat my words now.

Are you seriously going to race a $320 car without some mods if your at the worlds. Some did! On the other hand for A WHOPPING SIX HUNDRED DOLLAR CAR BETTER NOT NEED ANY STINKING MODS TO RACE. The D8 works fine, I prefere the Losi, but for Losi cash I'm going (gone!)Xray.

And Hara got the soaked by other drivers. (Though i'd pee myself scared if I was on the podium and a trophy girl 7 times my size there.) Looks like Truhe is really trying to kep his distance in that pic! LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.