Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 08:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itsdavedubail
Any one do the B5 to B5M conversion? Anything i need to be aware of? I couldn't seem to find a thread on here about it. Thanks!
If you already have the conversion kit just download the B5M manual from the Team Associated website and it should have all the info you need. Car goes together very well so you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have some tower hobbies ecash expiring soon and I'm thinking if something to get. Has the overall experience for the MIP puck system been positive for 17.5? I am also thinking of getting a full size servo to replace my futaba 9550 but I can't seem to find anything decent on towers site that has similar performance. I'll probably just stick with the futaba and add some weights to the front of the car, but I didn't know if there were other alternatives from tower (no savox) that might be worthwhile to consider.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
If you already have the conversion kit just download the B5M manual from the Team Associated website and it should have all the info you need. Car goes together very well so you shouldn't have any issues.
Thanks! i was getting a little nervous with some of the reviews on Amain. One said the diff case was changed and the bearings for the B5 will not fit the new B5M one.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Thanks! i was getting a little nervous with some of the reviews on Amain. One said the diff case was changed and the bearings for the B5 will not fit the new B5M one.
That is potentially still true depending on if the B5m conversion kits include either the old 4 gear case (which will utilize your top shaft) or if it now includes the new v2 top shaft and bearings so it will mate with the new 4 gear case.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
That is potentially still true depending on if the B5m conversion kits include either the old 4 gear case (which will utilize your top shaft) or if it now includes the new v2 top shaft and bearings so it will mate with the new 4 gear case.
i guess we'll see Friday when it gets here!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
I have some tower hobbies ecash expiring soon and I'm thinking if something to get. Has the overall experience for the MIP puck system been positive for 17.5? I am also thinking of getting a full size servo to replace my futaba 9550 but I can't seem to find anything decent on towers site that has similar performance. I'll probably just stick with the futaba and add some weights to the front of the car, but I didn't know if there were other alternatives from tower (no savox) that might be worthwhile to consider.
Maybe a Reedy 1206? Little faster more torque and 21.5g heavier...
Old 02-24-2016, 09:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

It would be a few bucks more on top of the conversion but you should definitely consider the 3 gear transmission setup. The performance of the 3 gear is excellent, I've never driven a 2wd buggy that feels as good as my B5M does.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone ever tried installing rubber grommets in their wing? I went to the hardware store this morning looking for wing mounting ideas and this is what I came up with. I'm using the original wing mount but filed the posts down past the pin-holes and drilled the posts to accept a 3mm screw. Seems very solid, yet forgiving.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Tech Rookie

It would be a few bucks more on top of the conversion but you should definitely consider the 3 gear transmission setup. The performance of the 3 gear is excellent, I've never driven a 2wd buggy that feels as good as my B5M does.
your right for the price you cannot go wrong! Then ill have a choice.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Rookie

is there a difference in handling between 25 degrees bulkhead+5 caster block insert and 30 degrees bulkhead and 0 caster block?
Overall angle is the same.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Silverstonev8
Maybe a Reedy 1206? Little faster more torque and 21.5g heavier...
Seems like a nice servo! Not sure if I should do that or the mip pucks though. Which would give more benefit overall. Leaning toward pucks but want to ask the experts here
Old 02-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

but one of the newer manuals (eg B5M lite) as some info in the original manual is outdated
Old 02-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I'm running the AC RC Gear 3 gear LCG with the fan waterfall and I'm wondering if anyone knows which bodies fit? I know the JConcepts Finisher fits, because that is what I am running, but I need a new body. I'm wondering if the Proline Predator or the JConcepts S2 Worlds will fit with enough clearance for a 10mm thick fan on the LCG waterfall.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do you guys run aluminum pinion gears or steel?
Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
I'm running the AC RC Gear 3 gear LCG with the fan waterfall and I'm wondering if anyone knows which bodies fit? I know the JConcepts Finisher fits, because that is what I am running, but I need a new body. I'm wondering if the Proline Predator or the JConcepts S2 Worlds will fit with enough clearance for a 10mm thick fan on the LCG waterfall.
I use the S2 but it's tight so I cannot see it fitting if you have the fan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.