Search

Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfilo456
Looking For a Setup Sheet For The Mrx-4R For toledo Thanks
Ask Chickey aka Parma Paul for his set up from last years GLC, His car was on rails!!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dfilo456,yes you need to bring one if you need power.

For everyone that is wondering, there is NO POWER at the track unless you bring a generator.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

A lot of people have been asking about the GLC and saying that they were going to go down I am sure some are unaware that we are all signed up months in advance. So for all those that dont know this is not a walk in race you must be on the list and if you are not on the waiting list you wont race.

Although I must tell you that just being in the pits and watching the action is a lesson to be learned. Lots of tips tricks and the hustle and bustle on organized racing, to me this is a must attend event just because of the environment. 3 years 2 trophies but I must say my first year was a failure due to clutch issues that stopped me from placing but even that was an experience that I will never forget nor try and let happen again.

Besides all of that TED & Brian are great people and RC in general has the best people involved.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

We Racers it is Monkey Screaming time. The whole plan is coming together and the track is ready for you to give it your best shot.

The tent will be in place on Tues. July 31st and the track will be sprayed for the event that evening. Track opens for Practice on August 1st.

Planning to start the first qualifier on Friday August 3rd just after noon.

Not sure why racers need power, but no there is no power in the pits. If you need to do some soldering there is no problem, we can make those arrangements.

Yes, the race is Full. No entry money will exchange hands during the event. Sorry, but please do not show up with out being pre-entered and expect to race. Some racers have asked about pit spots and we will work to help those racer out. Also, You need to be a ROAR member to compete at this event, if you are not we will sign racers up to be ROAR members.

For those needing to ship in some items for the event, Roger E. Williams will post his address and phone number add his help.

CEFX will have a nice trailer - shop at the track to help with racers needs during the event.

Mike Myers will be on hand to help report the race for S-Grid and RC Car Magazine.

Brian Young will be coming up from Cincy to Provide a smooth running show from the scoring area. We are always looking for entertaining folks to handle the PA mic.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

If you are planning on shipping thing for the GLC raceyou can ship them to me and I will have it at the track Wed
Roger Williams
30259 Cedar Valley Dr.
Northwood,Ohio 43619
Please call me and let me know if you are shiping something so that I can mark it and make sure it there for you.
419-870-4475 cell
419-972-8096 Home phone

Thanks and hope to see all you there
Old 07-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by XPHamer
We are always looking for entertaining folks to handle the PA mic.
Maybe we could get Barry Baker to do some announcing.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mcsquish
dfilo456,yes you need to bring one if you need power.

For everyone that is wondering, there is NO POWER at the track unless you bring a generator.
How can you say there will be no "Power" at the track?? LOL
I was at the track today as matter of fact. I think we missed you by 20 minutes or so. My super Mechanic helped me get my car running fast. So fast he was having lots of fun when he took a turn at the wheel.
See you this weekend.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone that needs Byron's fuel please let me know so that I can make sure enough is on hand, and that it will be waiting for you should you get there Wednesday morning. You can email me at [email protected]
Mark
Old 07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Andy, you're killing me. Sorry I missed you, I needed to get home before I turned any reder. I'm glad to hear that your "super Mechanic" was having fun. Do you loan him out? When are you showing up and do I need to find a hotel room at Habeebes'?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Did Jamie Corrado ever post his setup from the GLC 2006. I would like to take a look at it.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Andy, you're killing me. Sorry I missed you, I needed to get home before I turned any reder. I'm glad to hear that your "super Mechanic" was having fun. Do you loan him out? When are you showing up and do I need to find a hotel room at Habeebes'?
I know what you mean. It was only 30 minutes before I was huddled up next to the truck for shade. "Super mechanic" has very limited time.....it took me a good 5 or 6 hours to get him in the truck. Well worth it though....can you say 19.09??? Ok, so he was behind the wheel for that one but I'm ok with that. I'll be there Wednesday morning at the latest and we have a room at the Comfort Inn.

See you this weekend?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

19.09??? that's it?? I've got it made........ for the "E" maybe. Yeah, I'll be there, I need to work on my stuff. Me sllooooowwwwwwww...... Soooooo what did you find to be so fast? besides a good mechanic.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Unger
Anyone that needs Byron's fuel please let me know so that I can make sure enough is on hand, and that it will be waiting for you should you get there Wednesday morning. You can email me at [email protected]
Mark
You have a PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

19.09??? that's it?? I've got it made........ for the "E" maybe. Yeah, I'll be there, I need to work on my stuff. Me sllooooowwwwwwww...... Soooooo what did you find to be so fast? besides a good mechanic.
Maybe you better get that fast motor out of hiding.

You can take a look this weekend. We only changed 4 things from the first weekend.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Doctor,
I didn't get an email from you. Make sure you have my address correct. There is a period between mark and unger that you may have missed.
Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.