Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Futaba problems...fustrated and futaba not helping... >

Futaba problems...fustrated and futaba not helping...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba problems...fustrated and futaba not helping...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i heard about this heating up problem on the fut. receiver 2 mons. ago but i wanted the best radio so i decide to get the fut 3pks 2.4 ghz,so far so good
Old 03-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

the problem i know is only for 603ff and 630fs receiver

the new 604 (4pk receiver) and the new 603fs DIVERSITY i think dont have the problem

PS i use futaba bls351 and a 3vcs + faast with lrp regulator and lrp lipo.

but i make hole in the receiver box of the mp9
Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I had an issue with mine this past summer. I was running an HT lipo with there regulator. During the summer, i stopped using the lipo all together and the issue stopped. 3 weeks ago, i went to straight lipo with no regulator. No problems yet, but it isnt in the 100s yet.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You have to send them in to Futaba and ask for the "new chip". I have had 4 receivers from them and all of them had the over heating problem. One of the team drivers told me about the issues and told me just to send them in. I have sent mINE in and received the new ones with no problems.

PS. The 4pk is what I use and thats what I have had the issues with. Infact I had to send the Radio in at one point too because it would clear out models on its own.

Last edited by JoeyTheRocket; 03-17-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the same problem last year. It caused like 4 dnf's so i switched over to spektrum. I contacted Futaba and they were of no help at all. it's a shame you have to spend near $400 to have problems with no help from the factory.

Last edited by Fierle03; 03-17-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just send them in for warranty work? Has anyone noticed the newer receivers have blue on them instead of orange? I was wondering if maybe orange were the overheating ones and blue are the 'new' ones.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
so the Faast Rx will take strait lipo no question's asked ?
Mist467 - I had the same issue with my FASST system so to the auction block she went as Futaba, at that time, seemed to be aware of the issue but unwilling to offer a remedy.

Integra - The RX is not necessarily the problem with running unregulated 7.4v power, it's everything down stream from there. Servos, PT...they are not rated to take 7.4v, which is actually a bit higher when it first comes off the charger.

I've read posts from guys that run unregulated, in IMHO it's a crap shoot. You may get away with it 9/10 times, but it's the 10th time that comes back to bite you in the ass and your $$$ electronics. At that point you'll wish that you'd installed a regulator. Just my .02!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've been thinking of running straight lipo (no regulator) with my 4pk 604 receivers. Plugged in a lipo direct over the weekend to set end points etc and about 15 minutes of having it plugged in, the receiver seemed waaaaay too warm. Didn't affect performance, but definitely rethinking now. Not too worried about anything downstream as I know my servos can handle it.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im Fully aware of that rcjunky10...i just like to keep a tally of how many guys i know that run unregulated...and i have yett to even hear a horror story of servo's or Rx's blowing up or failing because of it...and IF something were to happen....a couple 100 in servo's and receiver's is just a better excuse to upgrade to the lipo rated stuff thats coming out as of late.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well i called futaba again today and still no help...i still dont understand why they act like its the first time they have ever heard about it??...he was like "wow really its the first time we have ever heard about it"...what bs...i can pull up maybe 50 post of people with the same problem...and thats just the surface guys...anyone want a 3pk???...so sad to think i have spend so much money with them and they dont want to help...i have 4 bls servos i have bought over the last month...and the 3pk also...thats pretty much over a grand in a month and they said basically sorry cant help u...i love the servos but so disapointed with them im getting rid of all my futaba stuff...spektrum and hitec i come running back to u...F*&% futaba...
Old 03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i also run lipo in the Tx and for the Rx(with a 7v regulator). i would think that the receiver would still fit when turned on its side, might have to move things around a bit inside the box though. i run my 3pks and fasst in an xray xt8 and an associated rc8, just for reference!