Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Futaba problems...fustrated and futaba not helping... >

Futaba problems...fustrated and futaba not helping...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba problems...fustrated and futaba not helping...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Futaba problems...fustrated and futaba not helping...

i am extremely disapointed with my new 3pk Fasst setup...i am having the reciever overheating problem that seems to be hit or miss with the surface guys...i know alot of air guys were having the problem but now i am finding out how common it is with surface receivers...i was in 1st place with with 5 min left in the a-main when my reciever started glitching and overheating...it had happen 2 times prior but i thought it was my battery pack becuase it was on practice days and i wasnt charging in between runs...but the batt was fresh off the charger when this started happening...i temped the receiver and it was at like 140...needless to say i dnf becuase it would not cool down and kept going into protection...i got home and checked another brand new out the box receiver i have and same thing...this one does it even quicker....i drilled holes in my radio tray which i didnt want to do for some airflow and still does it...my 150.00 dx2.0 has never failed me...this is just really crappy...my lhs where it was purchased from said they have to send it in but that in other cases futuba has either acted like it never happens or sent in another new reciever...but if i got 2 that do it already and both are brand new dont know how much i really want to continue using the setup...im thinking maybe ill tell them i just want a synthesized fm setup and see what they say...only thing that sucks is i dont know if i can run it in hrs mode...ohh well..next time i will definately do a lil more research...this just sucks...
Old 03-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i had the heat issues last summer, twice. i ended up turning the receiver on its side and moving it as far away from the engine as possible. i haven't had another thermal issue since i moved the receiver! i did this in my buggy and truggy. our a-main is 30 minutes long so hopefully you can make it at least that long. i never had to do anything to my receiver box, knock on wood.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

maybe ill try turning it on its side...dont think it will fit though in my d8...but i really am about to give up on it...maybe run the spektrum module and reciever...havent hearn much bad stuff about it
Old 03-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

futaba does not like lipo batteries...
Old 03-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

not running lipo...so i know its not that...i dont run lipo just becuase i use all futaba gear...i use bls servos and the 3pk...
Old 03-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
futaba does not like lipo batteries...
I disagree, I run the 3pm with the built in FASST and futaba servos with a lipo and no regulator and I have never had an overheating problem.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

i guess ur one of the lucky ones...lol...the more a research it the more i see this is a big problem and has been a problem for a while with the fasst recievers...i just wish i woulda known because i still would have bought the 3pk but would haverun it fm
Old 03-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

I guess so. I have had the same recv now for over a year and have used both BLS servos and regular servos without an issue.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I heard that Futaba Has a fix for this..not sure but guys here are switching back, maybe you can call them, They seem to have good support, maybe you got the wrong person?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fast11970
I heard that Futaba Has a fix for this..not sure but guys here are switching back, maybe you can call them, They seem to have good support, maybe you got the wrong person?

I was told that the problem is only with the 3PK reciever and that the 4Pk reciever has no problems. I run the 4 PK and no problems. My race bro runs the 3PK in and he no problems eithers. Maybe see if a 4PK RX works better. Worth a shot if fixes the prob.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by clinttredway
I guess so. I have had the same recv now for over a year and have used both BLS servos and regular servos without an issue.

so the Faast Rx will take strait lipo no question's asked ?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
so the Faast Rx will take strait lipo no question's asked ?
does for me and has for a long time
Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

I have a 3pm I got last year and the receiver overheats. Running at leisure hours indoor in the winter has been a saving grace. I don't know what i'll do when spring summer rolls around...

I sent futaba an email and they said a recall hasn't been issued. I think it was a robot reply though.

I've heard through the grapevine that futaba knows of the problem and did fix it, but nobody seems to know for sure.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

I guess I have been really lucky as I have raced this in 100+ deg weather and freezing weather as well and I have never had a problem.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If your receiver is mounted in the front of the car like a Losi its gonna be cooler than one mounted in the rear like a Associated. So maybe some cars are more likley to kill it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.